webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > lg tv webos bluetooth keyboard
lg tv webos bluetooth keyboard

Old 08/24/2014, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

i have a lg 49ub8500, and it is fabulous. but after a few weeks- i have been wondering, how can one add a bluetooth keyboard? using the remote to type in webpages is annoying. what is the point of having a web browser if you have to use the remote to henpeck the keyboard?

i find absolutely nothing about it anywhere, if i do a google search it is all friggen reviews, not answers to questions. i am hoping this site might help.
revenantananias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2014, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

There's discussion on that here LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Old 08/25/2014, 03:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I know there are many USB 2.4ghz keyboards that work, I don't know anything about connecting Bluetooth keyboards directly.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2014, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

i use a logitech k400 - that works a treat - i think that uses a form of bluetooth - but only paired with a logitech unify mini usb adaptor
billigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2015, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billigmeister View Post
i use a logitech k400 - that works a treat - i think that uses a form of bluetooth - but only paired with a logitech unify mini usb adaptor
I have a 2.4 ghz Logitech keyboard w USB adapter - mouse and some keys work (menu, etc) but can't type any letters into web search, etc
I need to use the Magic Mouse to type letters on virtual KB- that is cumbersome, any ideas on how to get kB to type into fields? Thx
goodguy2k2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2015, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Go the Logitech K400r

Plug and play and it all works even in Web Browser

Joff
joffofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2015, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffofoz View Post
Go the Logitech K400r

Plug and play and it all works even in Web Browser

Joff
Hello,
I have an LG 65UF6800. It is a very nice TV.
I tried a Logitech MK320 wireless mouse and keyboard with a USB dongle.
The mouse worked well in all cases. The keyboard worked well for the Web
access app and the Netflix app.
The keyboard would not work at all for the u-tube app and would only allow
numeric entry for Amazon and Huluplus.
Would you expect the K400r would resolve these issues or do you have any other thoughts?
My initial inclination is that the individual apps handle input of characters in different ways
and that LG is not controlling app implimentation methods very closely.
Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts.
Regnalfrud
Regnalfrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/11/2015, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

My apologies,
I was away from my notes and quoted the Logitech MK320 keyboard performance incorrectly.

The corrected info is:
The mouse worked well in all cases. The keyboard worked as follows using various apps:

Internet access and Netflix - Keyboard works OK.
Amazon app - No keyboard function.
U-Tube and HuluPlus - Numeric character input OK, Alpha character input non-functional.

Any input would be appreciated.
Regnalfrud
Regnalfrud is offline   Reply With Quote