Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bbito
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    As you know ROKU TV partnered with TCL and Heisense TV manufacturers to launch its streaming TV services on their Smart TVs sets.

Around the web are saying it has a very simple UI. I have never used ROKU at all.

If you are using or did have ROKU TV, how it looks now compared to the LG Smart + WebOS TV? And what about prices? Thanks

Here the ROKU promo video :

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tobsPoz5VM[/YT]

https://www.roku.com/roku-tv
    I have no experience with Roku old or new, but I do know that Ben Combee was hired out of being lead architect on Enyo at LG Silicon Valley to join Roku as Senior Developer at the beginning of 2014. So a major engineer on webOS TV's framework is now working on Roku's efforts.
    akitayo likes this.
    I have a Roku 3 with my webOS TV. It's funny, I don't use it often because the TV has Netflix and Amazon built in. But I do use it for streaming shows and movies from my computer, or for using PlayOn to watch sporting events (shhhhhh).

When I first got the Roku, my first thought was "why in the hell doesn't a TV manufacturer just build this into the TV?". My second thought was..."wonder how long before TV's have built in DVR capability". I would think that with today's tech, that would be a no-brainer thing to add in a modular design so if it had issues, you could open the panel and swap a module. <meh.. what do I know> LOL
    akitayo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have a Roku 3 with my webOS TV. It's funny, I don't use it often because the TV has Netflix and Amazon built in. But I do use it for streaming shows and movies from my computer, or for using PlayOn to watch sporting events (shhhhhh).

When I first got the Roku, my first thought was "why in the hell doesn't a TV manufacturer just build this into the TV?". My second thought was..."wonder how long before TV's have built in DVR capability". I would think that with today's tech, that would be a no-brainer thing to add in a modular design so if it had issues, you could open the panel and swap a module. <meh.. what do I know> LOL
    have you tried connecting a USB hard disk to your TV?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: