webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG Sound Sync Wireless
LG Sound Sync Wireless

Old 08/19/2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

What's the LG Sound Sync Wireless. What I found so far is it uses Bluetooth technology. But it couldn't find my Bluetooth headset. Is that proprietary bluetooth?
toiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2014, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's a wireless connection designed to work with LG soundbars and subwoofers. It allows you to hook up an LG soundbar and/or subwoofer to your TV without having to wire it up and so the sub and soundbar are in synch (which the should be anyway) - so yes, it's basically a BT connection to their devices.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2014, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

So I was browsing the online helps on the TV and found the section "Connecting Bluetooth Headsets": Home -> Sound -> Sound Out -> LG Sound Sync (Wireless). It lists a few LH bluetooth headsets models. My question is why didn't LG just use the standard Bluetooth so it would work with any Bluetooth headsets. Little things like this really drive people away from buying another LG product.
Old 08/19/2014, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiday View Post
So I was browsing the online helps on the TV and found the section "Connecting Bluetooth Headsets": Home -> Sound -> Sound Out -> LG Sound Sync (Wireless). It lists a few LH bluetooth headsets models. My question is why didn't LG just use the standard Bluetooth so it would work with any Bluetooth headsets. Little things like this really drive people away from buying another LG product.
Unless you either have a different software version, or you have some LG bluetooth headsets nearby, there aren't actually any BT headsets listed on that screen. My screen gives you several choices of sound output (TV speaker, Ext speaker, LG Sound Sync Optical, LG Sound Sync Wireless). But once you choose the last one and click on Device Selection, it will list any paired devices, or let you pair (to LG headsets). But I don't see any list of compatible devices.

Old 08/19/2014, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Only LG devices work or limited to LG brand,

Why? ...... think about it....... your money........ same like samgung, only samsung on their TVs, shame about this, A2DP is a must on this things.

I own a HBS730 LG headsets, and works fine.
jerrymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2014, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Unless you either have a different software version, or you have some LG bluetooth headsets nearby, there aren't actually any BT headsets listed on that screen. My screen gives you several choices of sound output (TV speaker, Ext speaker, LG Sound Sync Optical, LG Sound Sync Wireless). But once you choose the last one and click on Device Selection, it will list any paired devices, or let you pair (to LG headsets). But I don't see any list of compatible devices.
It's under Helps. To get there, on your remote, Home. Then select the rectangular in the bottom with the circle and ? in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140819_191103.jpg (644.6 KB, 88 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/19/2014, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh.. in the Help Screen. LOL That's not where you said in your first post. You were pointing at the main 'sound' control screen:

Quote:
....and found the section "Connecting Bluetooth Headsets": Home -> Sound -> Sound Out -> LG Sound Sync (Wireless). It lists a few LH bluetooth headsets models...
The last update added a bunch of new pop up help screens with more information in them. The one you just pointed to is brand new - they didn't have the compatible devices listed in there until this last update. Thanks for pointing that out!

Old 08/19/2014, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, das nogood :|

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2014, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

I vote for a music player remix on the tv. That was THE BEST music app for phones and nothing could compare!
zfomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 08/23/2014, 04:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

I found that technically it was a bit lacking. I bought a 4.1 LG soundbar to work with it and the connection would drop requiring a TV reboot. In the end I got fed up and bought an optical cable...
John Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2014, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Meredith View Post
I found that technically it was a bit lacking. I bought a 4.1 LG soundbar to work with it and the connection would drop requiring a TV reboot. In the end I got fed up and bought an optical cable...
How does the Soundbar do? Sound good enough to be worth the investment?

Old 08/26/2014, 05:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hey, I bought the LG NB4540 and I am undecided about it. The sound is spot on but I am having issues with the unit turning itself off after 20 minutes over the sound sync wireless??? spoke to LG and they recon its a faulty unit so once I have replaced it I shall update.
worthy967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 03/17/2015, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

It is rather shocking to a long time LG customer like myself that I discovered that the Wireless LG Sound Sync is just a proprietary gimmick used to force their TV customers to purchase more LG only product.

One of the most penny wise - dollar foolish decisions I have seen in a while.

I have a request for LG to update their Bluetooth Wireless Sound sync to include ALL Bluetooth audio devices, like Bluetooth headphones. As of now,, only LG bluetooth headphones will work with it.

This is a link to LG Customer Support where you can leave a email.
https://www.lg.com/us/support/message-customer-support
I think it might be a really good idea to make a support request to have LG remove their proprietary logic that is meant to block out every and all Bluetooth devices from other brands. I hope LG will think of their customers and allow for the usage of the hundreds of thousands of Bluetooth audio devices. For me, it is my headphones. I am hard of hearing and this is important to me. I am certainly not going to throw out money and get a LG Bluetooth headphones which would subsidize LG's messing with their Bluetooth out signals to eliminate competition.

Thanks,
Jon
jolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2015, 03:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

I brought 55LF6100 model from Frys. It support Netflex and Youtube but I got a big surprise. TV sound is suck and I can barely hear even I turn the volume to Maximum. I am not sure if this is LG tactic with poor speaker since they lock up customer with their own LG sync sound wireless.

I will not go to buy it and return this TV back to Frys.
Alex Sze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2015, 09:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Sze View Post
I brought 55LF6100 model from Frys. It support Netflex and Youtube but I got a big surprise. TV sound is suck and I can barely hear even I turn the volume to Maximum. I am not sure if this is LG tactic with poor speaker since they lock up customer with their own LG sync sound wireless.

I will not go to buy it and return this TV back to Frys.
I would suspect that either you have a setting incorrect (I'd "reset" the TV to default and try again), or your device has an issue. True that the TV's don't have the best sound build-in, but none of the brands that are that thin sound good. They are build more as monitors and tend to rely on people understanding that for size and thinness you sacrifice sound quality (there's just no place to put larger speakers). Having said that - you will also notice that the display TV's at the stores are fairly loud in that environment, so if the device you purchased doesn't seem to get at least as loud as the sample at the store, there may be an issue with the sound system built into yours and it should be swapped out to see.

Old 11/30/2015, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
It's a wireless connection designed to work with LG soundbars and subwoofers. It allows you to hook up an LG soundbar and/or 0subwoofer to your TV without having to wire it up and so the sub and soundbar are in synch (which the should be anyway) - so yes, it's basically a BT connection to their devices.

Why can i not connect my lg soundbar las260b to my lg weos tv then please. I search devices n it shows nothing.
chrisjackson0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2015, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

I don't use wireless to send audio to my sound bar. Personally, I am running the optical cable between the TV and soundbar in order to avoid limitations of Bluetooth signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson0612 View Post
Why can i not connect my lg soundbar las260b to my lg weos tv then please. I search devices n it shows nothing.
I'm not familiar enough with that speaker to offer any worthwhile advice. After looking at the LG website's information on that speaker - there really isn't much to go on in order to help you troubleshoot. I'd go through the TV's "add device" wizard and see if you can add it through there instead of in the sound settings.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/01/2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02/28/2016, 07:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

COMPATIBILITY
This must surely be one of the primary factors for Tech Reviews. If a TV has ZERO compatibility with any headphones on the market (aside from their own), along with no analog outputs for compatibility with nearly every PA system on the planet, then the TV should be listed as 'annoyingly difficult to integrate with what you already have'. This is why Samsung has been able to rise. Apple's attitude of 'We don't deal with third party components' is so arrogant that it will destroy them. LG has followed this awful, greedy trend. I will boycott them for this, along with hundreds of thousands of others into the future who want to listen to the TV at night without planning their shopping day for later in the week when they'll need to start shopping for headphones that might work with a freaking television set.
Zxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2016, 02:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

anyone actually use the hbs 600 with sound sync? im considering purchasing them but only if they work. hate earbuds so tone is out.
goldenvocals369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv