Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    I have purchased web os 42LF 6500 tv , Please tell compatible wireless headphone.
    I use my Sony MDR-XB950BT headphones with my LG OLED55E6P with no difficulty. Once paired (easy) I need only turn the Sony headset on for the TV to see them and switch the sound to the headset. I believe it is also has Bluetooth receiver capability for use with portable devices (ie phones).
    You said "and/or subwoofer" . I am wanting to hook up a sub-woofer to my LG OLED55E6P but am stuck with how to connect one. Is there a Bluetooth subwoofer (no soundbar wanted, it's built into the TV) that will work with the LG tv? Even if I get a BT sub, won't the TV switch off the internal speakers as soon as it connects to the BT sub? If I make a connection through the optical out, I think my problem will be that I'll need two volume controls as the TV volume will not have any effect on the optical out signal. Is there a simple solution?

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's a wireless connection designed to work with LG soundbars and subwoofers. It allows you to hook up an LG soundbar and/or subwoofer to your TV without having to wire it up and so the sub and soundbar are in synch (which the should be anyway) - so yes, it's basically a BT connection to their devices.
    I'm not aware of a subwoofer that works without the soundbar with a television. Yes, as you've pointed out, usually there is only an all or nothing approach by the manufacturers when sending audio signal out. Either all audio gets played through the tv speakers, or everything goes to outside speakers. It would be nice if a TV has a good soundbar built-in that they would add a sub-out connection.
    If I have a newer LG 55 Inch TV and purchased an LG Sound Bar and Sub Woofer with Sound Sync, would I be able to use the sound sync feature to bypass all hookups to the TV and use the sound bar as a true wireless connection in order to place the sound bar away from the TV location in another area of the room? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant3 View Post
    If I have a newer LG 55 Inch TV and purchased an LG Sound Bar and Sub Woofer with Sound Sync, would I be able to use the sound sync feature to bypass all hookups to the TV and use the sound bar as a true wireless connection in order to place the sound bar away from the TV location in another area of the room? Thanks for the help.
    For streaming audio from your TV, the soundbars work on Bluetooth (not WiFi), so you will be limited to having the speakers near the signal source (TV). Very doubtful that the the signal would reach very far and still be stable, unless it's just on the other side of a wall.

Having said that, if you are looking to use the soundbar just as a wireless speaker for music, they can be placed in various rooms and connected to WiFi (according to the manual) to allow music streaming using their Music Flow app. I've posted a link to a manual for one of their bars and you can see both options. Unfortunately, if you are looking to stream the sound from your TV, the bar has to be close enough to lock on the Bluetooth signal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12