webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > WebOS TV apps in the works.
WebOS TV apps in the works.

Old 08/06/2014, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

The MusicXmatch app developer is among the early adopters of LG webOS

According to the Register UK, one of the first developers to work with the LG Connect SDK is MusicXmatch. “This is a music player that plays all the music on your smartphone with lyrics, pictures and metadata,” explains LeVak. “By dropping our Connect SDK into it, it launches a cloud based web TV app that takes the song being played on your smartphone and presents it on the webOS TV or any of the other compatible devices.”

Another developer which has taken the webOS SDK solution is media server favourite Plex, which has added the Connect SDK to its Chromecast app.

Remember Palm's WebOS? LG does – check out its smart TVs • The Register
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2014, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I played around with this for about 3 minutes, and couldn't figure out what it was trying to actually cast to the TV. Didn't look like it did anything at all :-S There's zero instructions, and the app is about as unintuitive as a music app can get. ... and I know a thing or two about unintuitive Music apps... I thought XO was a brilliant UI, most everyone else hated it :-)
On the bright side, every now and then it figures out what my Pandora is playing and automatically pops up the lyrics on the phone screen for it.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2014, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I played around with this for about 3 minutes, and couldn't figure out what it was trying to actually cast to the TV. Didn't look like it did anything at all :-S There's zero instructions, and the app is about as unintuitive as a music app can get. ... and I know a thing or two about unintuitive Music apps... I thought XO was a brilliant UI, most everyone else hated it :-)
On the bright side, every now and then it figures out what my Pandora is playing and automatically pops up the lyrics on the phone screen for it.
It looks that is not so easy to make apps with WebOS for Smart TVs? or the developer must go deep before making a really useful app.
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2014, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

No I don't think its probably that difficult, it just seems they've made an app that they think its obvious how it works and what it does, and I couldn't figure it out at all

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 08/07/2014, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

And its not an app for smart TV its an app for a phone.. That has the ability to broadcast.. Something.. To a TV.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 08/08/2014, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

LFPreTV
MAMISHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2014, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
LFPreTV
Did you mean LGPreTV? I was wondering was LFPreTV a typo since F is next to G on the keyboard.
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote