webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Screen sharing with computer
Screen sharing with computer

Old 07/25/2014, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

I've just bought an LG 42LB630V (in fact I didn't received it yet), and I was wondering if I could stream by WiFi my computer. Not multimedia files, but my computer: the desktop, programs, everything.
Is there an app for WebOS for this, or you should install some LG software in your computer?
Is there any limitation?

Thank you!
ragnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2014, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

If your computer supports miracast or intel widi then I believe yes you can.
plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2014, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your answer.

My network card is an Atheros AR9285, not an Intel.
But, in the webpage, they say:
"This utility installs an updated version of the Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter to enable the "Wi-Fi Direct™" function of the computer."
Sony eSupport - VPCEL13FX - Drivers & Software

So I'm not quite sure.
I have to install a program in my computer (with Windows 7) to check it?
Old 07/28/2014, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I've not heard of WiDi working with Win 7, I've only heard of it working with Win 8.1 .. but I've not heard of everything in this world either. :-)

I'd be interested in having a Splashtop version for the new webOS... hmm. or at least a VNC or some other remote control client...
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2014, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not an expert, but I think WiDi is just to be able to share things via WiFi without the need of a router.
But should be a simpler solution if you are using a router, like VNC or TeamViewer. I have no problems watching by streaming my computer on my Android phone, so should be a solution to see it on the TV, in my opinion.