webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > NEW LG Smart + WebOS TV
NEW LG Smart + WebOS TV
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By akitayo
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By akitayo

Old 07/13/2014, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

LG USA just made a NEW LG Smart + WebOS TV ad with new music and some small changes compared to before ones:

Last edited by akitayo; 07/13/2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: correcting title
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 07/13/2014, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
News Contributor

Anyone knows what is the model with built in camera for finger gestures I could not find it on Amazon.
Old 07/13/2014, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
Anyone knows what is the model with built in camera for finger gestures I could not find it on Amazon.
This is the camera for the webOS TV's: AN-VC500

And on Amazon... AN-VC500

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: akitayo
Old 07/13/2014, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
This is the camera for the webOS TV's: AN-VC500

And on Amazon... AN-VC500

Click to view quoted image
the LG TV model is 55 inch lg 9500 2014 4k tv and my quetion stills Will that camera you suggest, work for finger gestures as well as for skype video calls or it is just for skype services.??? Thanks

However I just recieved this answer from Amazon after posting above lines:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in a 4k lg 9500 TV with build in camera. As per information on the lg website there is currently not TV made with a build in camera, For you convenience I have included the camera model number AN-VC500. I am sorry I do not have better news for you.

Amazon

And it is the same camera model you suggested. Thanks.
Old 07/14/2014, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep, if you look at the LG link for the camera above, you will see the model numbers it supports. The finger gestures are built into the webOS software. Unfortunately, LG is limiting to their camera only (which sucks since I have a greate logitech camera that would be perfect for it if they supported it... but noooo.

Liked by Rnp and akitayo like this.
Old 07/14/2014, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Yep, if you look at the LG link for the camera above, you will see the model numbers it supports. The finger gestures are built into the webOS software. Unfortunately, LG is limiting to their camera only (which sucks since I have a greate logitech camera that would be perfect for it if they supported it... but noooo.
that is LG exclusive business for their gadgets

Last edited by akitayo; 07/17/2014 at 12:43 AM.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 07/16/2014, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I did pick up one of the cameras off of Amazon ($89). It is a lot smaller than their promo pictures make it look, but it's nice and sleek. It definitely doesn't have the resolution that my nicer Logitech has and the picture seems a bit washed out in comparison, but for Skype calls, it's more than fine.

I also tried the built in gesture controls (you have to enable the Motion Gesture setting in the under the General settings first) and it works pretty well. The motion gesture allows you to control channel, volume, mute, and input with your finger. But you cannot bring up the main menu (which is a rather important feature if you ask me!). Hopefully future updates will bring more controls to the motion sensor.

This gives you an idea of the actual size of the camera:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0033.jpg (919.8 KB, 57 views) Email Attachment

Old 07/17/2014, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
I did pick up one of the cameras off of Amazon ($89). It is a lot smaller than their promo pictures make it look, but it's nice and sleek. It definitely doesn't have the resolution that my nicer Logitech has and the picture seems a bit washed out in comparison, but for Skype calls, it's more than fine.

I also tried the built in gesture controls (you have to enable the Motion Gesture setting in the under the General settings first) and it works pretty well. The motion gesture allows you to control channel, volume, mute, and input with your finger. But you cannot bring up the main menu (which is a rather important feature if you ask me!). Hopefully future updates will bring more controls to the motion sensor.

This gives you an idea of the actual size of the camera:

Click to view quoted image
wow is good to know it works for finger gestures. It is a tiny camera compared with your 42 inch TV. Thanks a lot for your help. The information was for a Youtube fan of my channel who watched the video about finger gestures on the LG WebOS TV.