webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG WebOS TV promotion holland
LG WebOS TV promotion holland
  Reply
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ian01nl
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/03/2014, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Noticed the german promotion posted here...in Holland you get the same cloud storage, a free skylanders game pack, spiderman and batman movies hd and....a free 28inch Lg Smart tv.....a really good deal
Ian01nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 07/03/2014, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Unfortunately... that's not a webOS TV. LG doesn't make them less than 42" right now. Anything smaller is their older OS.

Updated: looks like they indeed do have webOS TV's in 32" size in other countries. <sigh>
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/11/2014 at 03:45 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2014, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
poehoes's Avatar
 
Posts: 105
Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
poehoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2014, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,201
Very interesting. I also found review on it (which of course I can't understand much of...) It's definitely a webOS tv - it just appears to be only available in Europe and is a 3D model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-bblRVoZrA

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J...&robot_redir=1
__________________
Matt Williams
Grabber Software
*How to install .patch files on your device*

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2014, 07:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
That is interesting. There is nothing shown on the lg.com site on that and they made a statement a while back that the devices were going to start at 42". I hope that they sell this one in the US too if it isn't a typo!

Thanks for posting the link!
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 07/10/2014, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,201
LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(
__________________
Matt Williams
Grabber Software
*How to install .patch files on your device*

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2014, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(
LOL I've been a bit late to some discussions lately trying to get our hardware ready and then installed for the Taste of Chicago. The 32" is what I was hoping for from LG as a bedroom TV. I've held off getting something else because I figured they would get around to this size at some point.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2014, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,201
I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.
__________________
Matt Williams
Grabber Software
*How to install .patch files on your device*


Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/10/2014 at 09:39 AM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and eblade like this.
Thanked By: eblade
Old 07/10/2014, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Preemptive's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.
Keep donating to Grabber5.0's 'bonus' everybody! You'll be thankful when he starts patching your TVs! ;-)

PS if there is a link or info on promotions, we can put it on pivotCE - already posted a UK one.
__________________
webOS Status Report | The Zombie & Dead app list | User Count | webOS Service Pack | Back up advice

Last edited by Preemptive; 07/10/2014 at 09:01 PM.
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2014, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
<<thread cleansed>>

Please stay on-topic and away from off-topic arguments. Thanks!
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Misj'
Old 07/11/2014, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
<<thread cleansed>>
Unfortunately you also removed the on-topic part of my last post in the process.

<<repost part of earlier post, posted in between Preemptive's and Grabber's last posts>>

I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.


* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.
Misj' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2014, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.


* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.[/i]
Edited to put back in context.

I agree. To be clear.. The desire for a smaller tv is only for the bedroom, where I have no room, or desire, for a larger one. I think that is probably a very common thing most places.

My family room tv is not due for replacement any time soon - and it's a fantastic plasma, so I am in no hurry.
__________________
Matt Williams
Grabber Software
*How to install .patch files on your device*

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos, webos tv

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PROMO CODE: "Brain Family" by Holland Numerics (Buy 1, get up to 3 Free!) hollandnumerics webOS Apps & Games 5 07/01/2011 02:52 AM
New Brain apps family from Holland Numerics hollandnumerics webOS Apps & Games 2 11/05/2010 05:35 PM
iPedia 1.2 promotion - 40% off kjk Palm OS Devices & Apps 1 12/14/2004 03:13 PM
A little self-promotion... MarkEagle The 'Off Topic' Lounge 8 10/20/2000 08:05 AM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0