webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG WebOS TV promotion holland
LG WebOS TV promotion holland
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ian01nl
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0

Old 07/03/2014, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Noticed the german promotion posted here...in Holland you get the same cloud storage, a free skylanders game pack, spiderman and batman movies hd and....a free 28inch Lg Smart tv.....a really good deal
Ian01nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 07/03/2014, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Unfortunately... that's not a webOS TV. LG doesn't make them less than 42" right now. Anything smaller is their older OS.

Updated: looks like they indeed do have webOS TV's in 32" size in other countries. <sigh>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/11/2014 at 03:45 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2014, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
poehoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2014, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Very interesting. I also found review on it (which of course I can't understand much of...) It's definitely a webOS tv - it just appears to be only available in Europe and is a 3D model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-bblRVoZrA

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J...&robot_redir=1

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2014, 07:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
That is interesting. There is nothing shown on the lg.com site on that and they made a statement a while back that the devices were going to start at 42". I hope that they sell this one in the US too if it isn't a typo!

Thanks for posting the link!

Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 07/10/2014, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(

Old 07/10/2014, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(
LOL I've been a bit late to some discussions lately trying to get our hardware ready and then installed for the Taste of Chicago. The 32" is what I was hoping for from LG as a bedroom TV. I've held off getting something else because I figured they would get around to this size at some point.

Old 07/10/2014, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/10/2014 at 09:39 AM.
Liked by HelloNNNewman and eblade like this.
Thanked By: eblade
Old 07/10/2014, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.
Keep donating to Grabber5.0's 'bonus' everybody! You'll be thankful when he starts patching your TVs! ;-)

PS if there is a link or info on promotions, we can put it on pivotCE - already posted a UK one.

Last edited by Preemptive; 07/10/2014 at 09:01 PM.
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2014, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

<<thread cleansed>>

Please stay on-topic and away from off-topic arguments. Thanks!

Thanked By: Misj'
Old 07/11/2014, 04:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
<<thread cleansed>>
Unfortunately you also removed the on-topic part of my last post in the process.

<<repost part of earlier post, posted in between Preemptive's and Grabber's last posts>>

I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.

* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.
Misj' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2014, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.

* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.[/i]
Edited to put back in context.

I agree. To be clear.. The desire for a smaller tv is only for the bedroom, where I have no room, or desire, for a larger one. I think that is probably a very common thing most places.

My family room tv is not due for replacement any time soon - and it's a fantastic plasma, so I am in no hurry.

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos, webos tv