Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ian01nl
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Noticed the german promotion posted here...in Holland you get the same cloud storage, a free skylanders game pack, spiderman and batman movies hd and....a free 28inch Lg Smart tv.....a really good deal
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Unfortunately... that's not a webOS TV. LG doesn't make them less than 42" right now. Anything smaller is their older OS.

Updated: looks like they indeed do have webOS TV's in 32" size in other countries. <sigh>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/11/2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
    Very interesting. I also found review on it (which of course I can't understand much of...) It's definitely a webOS tv - it just appears to be only available in Europe and is a 3D model.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J...&robot_redir=1
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Well this states clearly a webos tv, 32 inch...

32LB650V Web OS Smart TV | LG ELECTRONICS Benelux Nederlands
    That is interesting. There is nothing shown on the lg.com site on that and they made a statement a while back that the devices were going to start at 42". I hope that they sell this one in the US too if it isn't a typo!

Thanks for posting the link!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    LOL does anyone else want to talk about the TV? (I did enjoy the discussion ) I REALLY can't wait for a 32" webOS TV to be release for the US market! Preferably not a 3D one, but if that's the only way to get one, I'll take it. It sounds like this was released in Europe and Australia months ago - why LG? Why? :'(
    LOL I've been a bit late to some discussions lately trying to get our hardware ready and then installed for the Taste of Chicago. The 32" is what I was hoping for from LG as a bedroom TV. I've held off getting something else because I figured they would get around to this size at some point.
    I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07/10/2014 at 10:39 AM.
    HelloNNNewman and eblade like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I hope they release it soon. I have $400 in bonus money waiting patiently for months to go toward a webOS tv.
    Keep donating to Grabber5.0's 'bonus' everybody! You'll be thankful when he starts patching your TVs! ;-)

PS if there is a link or info on promotions, we can put it on pivotCE - already posted a UK one.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/10/2014 at 10:01 PM.
    <<thread cleansed>>

Please stay on-topic and away from off-topic arguments. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<thread cleansed>>
    Unfortunately you also removed the on-topic part of my last post in the process.

<<repost part of earlier post, posted in between Preemptive's and Grabber's last posts>>

I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.

* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I know that people always claim that people from the USA like things to be big (and where I said 'people' I mean European marketing people)...but would the market for smaller TV's really be bigger in Europe? - Do Europeans (or more specifically people from the Benelux* ) spend less on their TV's than their US counterparts? - Or are their TV's more expensive due to taxes and stuff so do they have to settle for smaller TV's for the same price?

Still don't see a reason why they wouldn't sell a 32'' version in the US. LG probably has their reasons, and I'm sure it has to do with demographics and target groups...but to me it's a big mystery.

* Benelux = Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembug

pps. @Ian01nl, welcome to webOS nation.[/i]
    Edited to put back in context.

I agree. To be clear.. The desire for a smaller tv is only for the bedroom, where I have no room, or desire, for a larger one. I think that is probably a very common thing most places.

My family room tv is not due for replacement any time soon - and it's a fantastic plasma, so I am in no hurry.