webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
Like Tree11Likes

Old 06/22/2014, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

For those who have purchased one (or more) of the new LG webOS TVs, I figured it's about time for a thread for bug/quirks and feature wish lists. If you've come across a bug or quirk with the OS please list them out and try and be as descriptive as possible for others to potentially reproduce (if able).

Also... If there are features that are missing that you wish were included - fire away with those wish lists!

There are a couple of items that I have on my wish list for the LG webOS tv's:
  • Built in support for streaming players (ie: Roku) - I'd like to see a setup screen for streaming players added to the setup menu along with having remote functions built into the Magic Remote for these streamers. Currently, the setup menu lets you choose set-top boxes, AV controls, or soundbar setup. This walks you through setting up the devices on proper inputs and sets the universal remote functions. But there are no setup options for any type of streaming device whatsoever. Given how popular these devices are (especially Roku) it really surprises me that this isn't supported. Hopefully, this is just a temporarily missing feature!

• Support for Bluetooth stereo headphones - The LG webOS tv's allow for BT setup and control of soundbars and such, but headphones are not supported for some reason. I've tried pairing several popular BT stereo headphones, but nothing is found in the pairing search. I use headphones at night if I want to watch a good movie without bothering the neighbors. To get around this limitation, I had to run the Optical line out of the TV into an optical to Analog (RCA) converter which allowed me to plug in my Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones. It would be awesome if I didn't have to use a converter to get wireless headphones working.

Quirks/Bugs:
  • Better (more accurate) Channel listing display: Three or so years ago I cut the cord for tv viewing. I still get about 40 channels over the air via an HD antenna. The built in TV guide function is actually rather spotty. If you list out the channels, only a portion of the channels show a tv listing while the rest simply say 'no listing'. If you scroll to one of those channels with no listing and select it - the tv will change to that channel and the info will then populate for that channel along with a few of the surrounding channels. But still... you have to do this for other channels that have missing channel listings. Perhaps this is just a bug in how the device pulls listing info for OTA channels, but it's still rather annoying.

**UPDATE: Well... the day I wrote this LG released an update that night which (kind of) fixed this issue. I have so much POWWWEEERRRRR!! OK, but it was a really nice coincidence!
    So, now the channel listings populate - but not always - along with showing little bars below them displaying how far into the show it is.

• Channel listing jumps around when coming back to it - what I mean by this is that when you bring up the on-screen channel list/guide, the guide rarely/never starts the list at the channel you are at. If I'm on channel 62 and bring up the on-screen channel guide, it will start at the lower registry (ie: channel 2 or 5) and it them makes you scroll all the way up to the channel you want. This guide should always start off on the channel you are currently watching (like all other tv's do).

• Missing detailed User Guide - Yes, the LG webOS tv's have a built in Help screen, but the info contained in it is only helpful to those who really have limited experience with electronics (like my 84 year old Dad). But for those who are even moderately experienced, the on-screen Help system contains no helpful info. LG really needs to put together and release a DETAILED user manual that shows all of the features/functions/settings in detail. Their current downloadable User Guide is simply the on-screen system in print. If are like me and want to dig in and know how to do everything, or at least read through to know everything that is available, then a detailed downloadable User Guide is a must.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/23/2014 at 08:38 AM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Marco Polano likes this.
Thanked By: Marco Polano
Old 06/22/2014, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

And subscribe LG support to this topic
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2014, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
  • Missing detailed User Guide - Yes, the LG webOS tv's have a built in Help screen, but the info contained in it is only helpful to those who really have limited experience with electronics (like my 84 year old Dad). But for those who are even moderately experienced, the on-screen Help system contains no helpful info. LG really needs to put together and release a DETAILED user manual that shows all of the features/functions/settings in detail. Their current downloadable User Guide is simply the on-screen system in print. If are like me and want to dig in and know how to do everything, or at least read through to know everything that is available, then a detailed downloadable User Guide is a must.
If we build it, they will come... (webOS TV users, not a Baseball team)

I won't be starting that thread (maybe THIS is that thread?), but I look forward to seeing the webOS Nation members TV manual. I predict BeanBird will have a login here presently...
Old 06/22/2014, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

LOL.. yes, we can put a 'how to' thread together when enough people start joining in, but I'd certainly like a full manual from the LG webOS team.

Old 06/23/2014, 12:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/LG-42LB6300#

Thought I'd found it, but it's just the device installation, not the OS - no doubt included in the box. There is a help library though...
Old 06/23/2014, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/LG-42LB6300#

Thought I'd found it, but it's just the device installation, not the OS - no doubt included in the box. There is a help library though...
Thanks... I've got that manual posted already right here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3417730

Old 06/23/2014, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

I updated the the first post. There was an software update last night that fixed the issue with the built in TV channel listings. Yay!

Liked by Grabber5.0 and eblade like this.
Old 06/24/2014, 05:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
There was an software update last night that fixed the issue with the built in TV channel listings. Yay!
Which software version do you have now?
Old 06/24/2014, 07:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
Which software version do you have now?
webOS TV Version: 1.2.0 - 2722

Old 06/24/2014, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
webOS TV Version: 1.2.0 - 2722
Hmm...meanwhile in Russia.

Old 06/24/2014, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

One quirk I can't figure out is that I have 2 step verification on my gmail account and every time I turn my TV on I get a notification on my phone of the code to enter from gmail. I can't for the life of me find anywhere on my TV I would have told my TV to log into my gmail account. I did it in the TV's browser a while back, but I'm logged off of there. I may have to do a reset.

Old 07/12/2014, 11:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

New Bug:

Last night I turned on the TV and started up the Amazon app and all I got was a blank screen. I killed off the app, restarted the TV, but the Amazon app still won't work anymore. This is a native app, and even though you can completely uninstall it, there is no replacement in the LG Store to use to reinstall.

What do you do when an app stops working?

Old 07/12/2014, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I usually just wait for Grabber5.0's fix...

Hey wait! You have a supported product still under warranty! It's an unfamiliar thought, but... You could ask LG to help! ;-)
Old 07/12/2014, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
New Bug:

Last night I turned on the TV and started up the Amazon app and all I got was a blank screen. I killed off the app, restarted the TV, but the Amazon app still won't work anymore. This is a native app, and even though you can completely uninstall it, there is no replacement in the LG Store to use to reinstall.

What do you do when an app stops working?
I noticed this too. I thought it was something I did.
SJofUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2014, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJofUSA View Post
I noticed this too. I thought it was something I did.
You have the same issue right now?

Old 07/16/2014, 09:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
You have the same issue right now?
It's still happening as of today.

LG responded with this:

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us! In this case I will be more than glad to assist you with that. Regarding your concern, your TV is currently running the latest software among all the TVs in the market therefore Amazon wasn’t able to cope up with the system. We are already working on the update for Amazon.

Hope this information will be helpful to you. If you want further assistance feel free to reach our Customer Service Department by calling 800-243-0000. Have a nice day!"
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 07/16/2014, 11:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Well... at least they acknowledge they know of the issue.

Thanks for the update!

Old 07/20/2014, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

UPDATE:

Amazon app now working. I found that If I went to the App store on the TV and went to the Premium section and clicked the Amazon app, there was notification that an update was ready. Just click 'update' and viola!

Old 07/23/2014, 06:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
UPDATE:

Amazon app now working. I found that If I went to the App store on the TV and went to the Premium section and clicked the Amazon app, there was notification that an update was ready. Just click 'update' and viola!
Just did this and it worked! Now, if only the WebOs operating system would inform you of these things or even give you a way to report problems.
Old 07/23/2014, 07:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

I live in Italy and we have a huge list of DTT channels.
Navigating in this list to find the channels is a boring task. It would be much more helpful if it would be possible to search channels for name the way we do with contact list in mobile phones. There is a favourites key and lists but I didn't find this very helpful for managing more than a few channels.
I would really like a seach function like,you just press the numbers on the remote that corresponds to the first letters of the channel name to get a filtered list of the channels that match those letters.

Do you have any suggestion to better manage channels meanwhile ?
Marco Polano is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos, webos tv