webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
Like Tree11Likes

Old 08/19/2014, 11:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Wish list we need music player remix. The best app ever for music junkies
zfomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 08/19/2014, 11:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

UI-108 appears to mean that Netflix thinks you're logged in from too many devices simultaneously. You should be able to clear that by logging into Netflix from a browser, and locating the option to "Sign out from all devices" or some such.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 08/20/2014, 07:03 AM   #43 (permalink)

What I ended up doing was uninstalling the Netflix app and then reinstalling it again from the Premium menu. Worked after that. I still don't know why it had me go through the setup wizard again to reprogram ALL of my channels. Now I've got to go through the hassle of removing the channels I don't want (spanish language and shopping). Such a hassle.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2014, 02:04 PM   #44 (permalink)

Looks like the last update jacked up the TV program guide function again. The update prior to that one fixed it, and this last one screwed it up again. Now when you are on a channel and bring up the channel guide it starts the display on some other channel instead of the one you are currently on. <sigh>

Old 08/28/2014, 08:25 AM   #45 (permalink)

Hi,

I have also a Web OS tv and since the last software update I appr. once a week have the issue where the channel order is messed up. I luckily only have 8 channels over the air so its not a big issue to rearrange but I sure hope it is getting fixed.

I send a request to LG and forwarded some information - waiting for a reply. Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks

Jeppe
paqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2014, 09:23 AM   #46 (permalink)

Hi,

Just got the TV. Have also experienced some problems with Netflix (even a TV reboot), but works fine in general.

Feature Wish:

- Be able to enable more than one Audio output at the same time.

and just to reinforce, support for any BT headphone.

Regards,

Martin (Brazil)
loebmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2014, 02:30 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paqi View Post
Hi,

I have also a Web OS tv and since the last software update I appr. once a week have the issue where the channel order is messed up. I luckily only have 8 channels over the air so its not a big issue to rearrange but I sure hope it is getting fixed.

I send a request to LG and forwarded some information - waiting for a reply. Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks

Jeppe
Haven't had this happen on mine, but different countries have different OS builds (I assume). My on-screen guide has always been in order at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loebmann View Post
Hi,

Just got the TV. Have also experienced some problems with Netflix (even a TV reboot), but works fine in general.
I had this (reboot caused by Netflix app) happen once, but it was because my Netflix app hadn't updated. Check your apps (store/premium apps) and click on the Netflix app. It will tell you if it needs to be updated or if it is OK.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/24/2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09/24/2014, 02:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

... channel order where?

loebmann,

what netflix problems?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/03/2014, 11:28 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfomby View Post
Wish list we need music player remix. The best app ever for music junkies
If you have an Android phone/tablet, you can get it on there and cast your music via Chromecast to your TV or stereo system! But sorry, no webOS TV version is going to happen.

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2014, 03:06 AM   #50 (permalink)

I figured I'd share the bug report I typed up for LG with you all. Feel free to give suggestions. Maybe some of the workarounds will be helpful to some.

TV Model: 49UB8500-UA
Software Version: 04.33.05

The following issues have been persistent throughout multiple LG webOS TV software updates:

• “Super Resolution” picture setting ignored upon TV startup. Even if setting is turned off, the software still behaves as if the setting is on.
Expectation
- The software respects the user’s decision to set the “Super Resolution” picture setting to “Off” even after the TV restarts, and does not utilize the effect.
Recreation
- Set “Super Resolution” picture setting to “Off”. Observe picture effect closely. Turn TV off, then back on. Observe picture effect closely.
Workaround
- Set “Super Resolution” picture setting to any setting other than “Off”. Set “Super Resolution” picture setting to “Off”.
Notes
- If selected input (ex. HDMI 1) has chosen icon “PC” in the “Inputs” menu, the “Super Resolution picture setting cannot be disabled despite the setting being set to “Off”.

• It is impossible to disable dimming globally/in its entirety.
Expectation
- The software has a picture setting to disable dimming globally/completely.
Recreation
- Display a light image/white on the screen. Observe backlight closely. Display a dark image/black on the screen. Observe backlight closely.
Workaround
- Unknown/None
Notes
- In some situations, completely black content will cause the backlight to continuously fade in and out.
- Often causes picture to be undesirably dark/difficult or impossible to see.

• High latency/response time (measured in milliseconds)
Expectation
- The software has an obvious setting for “game mode” / “low input lag”, etc.
Recreation
- Can be observed primarily when any selected input (ex. HDMI 1) has chosen icon other than “PC” or “Game Console”.
Workaround
- Set selected input’s icon to “PC” or “Game Console”
Notes
- Low input lag and fast response time is extremely important for gaming/PC usage.
- It was not obvious that the chosen icon for the selected input would affect latency.
- Possibly add “Low Latency Mode” which turns off all post-processing and maximizes the TV’s performance for the fastest possible response time.

Further Requests:

• Global/Default Picture settings (to eliminate hassle of setting each input’s picture and audio settings). Simply have user-defined default settings, then have each input default to those settings (ex. “Use Default” / “Custom”).

• Disable Port Energy Savings setting. This would allow the HDMI, optical, and other ports to remain active while the TV is off, preventing the loss of connection to a PC. This is necessary so that the PC doesn’t think that a monitor has been unplugged (therefore causing the PC to change the desktop layout to the remaining monitors), nor that the optical audio connection has been lost (causing audio software to complain of a non-existent signal).
AnthonyANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 10/05/2014, 02:14 PM   #51 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing Anthony!

Liked by AnthonyANI likes this.
Old 10/15/2014, 05:06 PM   #52 (permalink)

Here's a quirk that I'd be interested to know if other people are seeing:

Here in Dorset in the UK, my TV is telling me that the programme map has changed and I need to retune at least once a week. What it doesn't tell me is that any favourite channels that I have set and any recordings that I have scheduled in Time Machine will be wiped at the same time. That is annoying even if it does sort of make sense, but I have noticed no changes to the map following each of these retunes so I wonder if there is a genuine reason for the prompt in the first place.

Another quirk: Time Machine only seems to make a scheduled recording about 75% of the time. That is, about one in four of my scheduled recordings simply don't happen, without explanation.

Just me?
elvispre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2014, 07:22 PM   #53 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I wouldn't expect it to be -normal-, but there could be -something- causing it outside of the TV. What exactly is the message that it gives?
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/16/2014, 03:41 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I wouldn't expect it to be -normal-, but there could be -something- causing it outside of the TV. What exactly is the message that it gives?
I'll try to make a note the next time I see it. (Maybe I'll never see it again. That would suit me.)

I imagine one of the radio stations is changing its name once a week, but like I said, I haven't noticed.
Old 10/21/2014, 04:54 PM   #55 (permalink)

I have got the message again: "All or part of the programme map is changed. Do you want to start Auto Tuning?" [and discard favourites, reminders and scheduled recordings].
Old 10/21/2014, 05:12 PM   #56 (permalink)

That's really weird that you got had that happen again. I have a US model and did have it happen once for me a few months ago, but nothing since that one time. Have you contacted the support number shown in the TV menu to ask them about it and/or make them aware of the bug?

Old 10/22/2014, 05:10 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
That's really weird that you got had that happen again. I have a US model and did have it happen once for me a few months ago, but nothing since that one time. Have you contacted the support number shown in the TV menu to ask them about it and/or make them aware of the bug?
A fair question... I have emailed LG customer support now.
Old 10/23/2014, 06:39 AM   #58 (permalink)

Would like to have kid mode or guided access.
tushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2014, 12:26 PM   #59 (permalink)

We just bought a 65UB9500. The Magic Remote and Web OS user interface is very good. It's getting close to being simple and intuitive enough for my wife and daughter being comfortable with operating the TV (and its sources).

My primary wish if for more robust device support:
- AV receivers support multiple input sources. Each source should be able to be set up and controlled through Web OS just like TV input sources.

- Each input source could be associated with multiple components. A source should operate seemlessly even if it consists of multiple components.

- It seems as if the device connect app could be far more smart than it is.

- Secondarily, I echo the request for more robust Bluetooth headphone/headset support.
winemkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2014, 12:35 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvispre View Post
A fair question... I have emailed LG customer support now.
In the TV menu (under the About section) there is a toll-free number to call and report issues like this.

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos, webos tv