webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
LG webOS TV: Feature Wish List & Bug/Quirks List
  Reply
Like Tree11Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/23/2014, 08:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Hi Marco - welcome to the forums!

I do agree with you on the fact that the channel management needs to be re-thought. I isn't intuitive and it isn't fast. Ideally, having the voice search work like the Amazon Fire's would be very good. Then you could simply say the name of the show, actor, channel, etc.. to have it offer up suggestions. Otherwise, they really do need to offer up a MUCH better design for channel management and search. Right now, this is my only 'real' issue with the current OS design. Scrolling through the channel list is tedious at best.

I don't have any other suggestions for you right now... just hoping that LG evolves this and listens to customer feedback like this.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2014, 07:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Hi Marco - welcome to the forums!

I do agree with you on the fact that the channel management needs to be re-thought. I isn't intuitive and it isn't fast. Ideally, having the voice search work like the Amazon Fire's would be very good. Then you could simply say the name of the show, actor, channel, etc.. to have it offer up suggestions. Otherwise, they really do need to offer up a MUCH better design for channel management and search. Right now, this is my only 'real' issue with the current OS design. Scrolling through the channel list is tedious at best.

I don't have any other suggestions for you right now... just hoping that LG evolves this and listens to customer feedback like this.
How about just making a favourite channel list via the live menu>programmes>filter...then just make a favourite channel list....
Ian01nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2014, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian01nl View Post
How about just making a favourite channel list via the live menu>programmes>filter...then just make a favourite channel list....
I did that when I first set up the TV. It's an OK solution, but still a clunky (slow) way of doing things. Lots of times the channel info still doesn't even load, so all you get is a bunch of squares on the side panel you have to scroll through that say 'no information'. It definitely needs refinement.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2014, 06:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Guys, I am lucky to own (!) the LG HBS-800 headphones, when i turned them on my LG 47LB730V detected them and offered me a wireless connection with superb sound quality (you can connect yourself if this does not happen automatically in the sound sub-menus, it is easy), once paired, whenever you turn them on, in range, they will connect..
Also if you use the smart remote click the input button for the on screen remote to quickly be able to switch in and out of headphone> surround set> tv sound modes (for example).
I also recently had cause to cal LG (in Holland) to ask when the HBO GO app would be available, they were pleased i called!, the guy thought it was already available (it was listed on HBO's own site...so he fired of a support request to Korea, while i was on the phone and asked if i would call them back sometime to tell them any things i might miss on the webos (smart+) platform....so my advice:
Read the stuff here, and if there is anything bugging you about WebOS call LG support or send a mail...they seem eager to make this platform work!, and whilst the updates are sent from Korea they DO have actual input on what is coming and future development. So lets stop moaning here a give them some feedback they can use!
Ian01nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 07/28/2014, 06:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I did that when I first set up the TV. It's an OK solution, but still a clunky (slow) way of doing things. Lots of times the channel info still doesn't even load, so all you get is a bunch of squares on the side panel you have to scroll through that say 'no information'. It definitely needs refinement.
go to the live menu to make fave tv channel list.
choose programmes list and look above in the right of the screen, choose the option filter...then make your list!!!!
It has options to add a few lists and you can parent control them too!...easy to do and v user friendly
Ian01nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2014, 06:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian01nl View Post
go to the live menu to make fave tv channel list.
choose programmes list and look above in the right of the screen, choose the option filter...then make your list!!!!
It has options to add a few lists and you can parent control them too!...easy to do and v user friendly
Hi Ian01nl,

Yes, as I mentioned above - I've done that. It does work, but for me is an inelegant solution. I see how LG is trying a different direction, but this design is still a bit clunky and limits you to viewing only what is on at the moment and not what is also coming up next (yes, I know you can hit the right arrow to see that - but you shouldn't have to and that has a bug of it's own).

Hopefully this is an ever evolving UI for LG to work with. It's a young platform for them and so far they have done great with it... now just some tweaking to do.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2014, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
Another feature request,

PIP on HDMI mode, pip from the live tv signal on HDMI-PC mode.

Even my old 6 year old LG tv has this feature, al all my samsung tvs had it.

Why webOS do not have it?
jerrymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 07/31/2014, 06:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymh View Post
Another feature request,

PIP on HDMI mode, pip from the live tv signal on HDMI-PC mode.

Even my old 6 year old LG tv has this feature, al all my samsung tvs had it.

Why webOS do not have it?
+1
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2014, 03:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,536
I would suspect that it's not a highly used feature, even though the people that do use it absolutely love it. :-S
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2014, 04:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
I noticed a new bug last night. I have the LG camera on my TV for using your finger to control volume, channels, and input. BUT... those controls don't work when you are in an app like Netflix. They do however work when you are using an input for an external device (ie: works when I am using my Roku). Really strange that the function is unavailable for a built-in app.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2014, 03:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I noticed a new bug last night. I have the LG camera on my TV for using your finger to control volume, channels, and input. BUT... those controls don't work when you are in an app like Netflix. They do however work when you are using an input for an external device (ie: works when I am using my Roku). Really strange that the function is unavailable for a built-in app.
Does the TV only work with the specific LG camera? If you already have an HD USB camera from another manufacturer you can't use that?
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2014, 03:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
Does the TV only work with the specific LG camera? If you already have an HD USB camera from another manufacturer you can't use that?
Yes, currently the only camera that is supported for the TV is the LG AN-VC500.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2014, 08:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
have a 42LB6500 Smart/3D tv (WebOS)...was wondering the other day if I can actually use a bluetooth headphone for this TV other than an LG branded one which one of the members mentioned. I was planning on buying one to use at night when the wife is sleeping.
v1n5anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2014, 01:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1n5anity View Post
have a 42LB6500 Smart/3D tv (WebOS)...was wondering the other day if I can actually use a bluetooth headphone for this TV other than an LG branded one which one of the members mentioned. I was planning on buying one to use at night when the wife is sleeping.
Right now, the only supported BT devices seem to be limited to LG's products. No one has found support for other drivers as of yet.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2014, 01:12 PM   #35 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Dang.... I reset my TV yesterday because I have 2-step verification on my Google account and every time I turned on my TV I would get text messages with my verification code. Long ago, I accessed my gmail account on the web browser... so it seems that this setting never went away. I figured resetting the TV would fix this. Nope. Even after the reset, I still get text messages with verification codes after turning on the TV. UGH. I have nothing on there that would need this. There's nothing else that could be causing this 2-step notification from Google. I wish there was a way to clear the cache.
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2014, 02:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Grabber5.0's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,201
Do we need a gmail patch for the tv already? o_O

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
__________________
Matt Williams
Grabber Software
*How to install .patch files on your device*

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 08/11/2014, 04:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Dang.... I reset my TV yesterday because I have 2-step verification on my Google account and every time I turned on my TV I would get text messages with my verification code. Long ago, I accessed my gmail account on the web browser... so it seems that this setting never went away. I figured resetting the TV would fix this. Nope. Even after the reset, I still get text messages with verification codes after turning on the TV. UGH. I have nothing on there that would need this. There's nothing else that could be causing this 2-step notification from Google. I wish there was a way to clear the cache.
That's bizarre. Have you tried forcing a logout? If you open Gmail in a desktop browser and scroll to the bottom, at the bottom right there's some text "Last account activity" and a "Details" link. The Details link has an option to force other sessions to sign out.
jl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2014, 04:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl85 View Post
That's bizarre. Have you tried forcing a logout? If you open Gmail in a desktop browser and scroll to the bottom, at the bottom right there's some text "Last account activity" and a "Details" link. The Details link has an option to force other sessions to sign out.
Pretty sure I did it once, but good suggestion! I'll try again
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2014, 08:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
I forced logout of all accounts again yesterday and when I got home and turned on the TV, I got another text message with a verification code. Ugh... wtf?
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2014, 10:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,200
Netflix suddenly stopped working!
I was watching a show on Netflix and it suddenly froze. I tried restart the show, but it gave me an error. I tried another movie and got an error saying it couldn't connect. I ran the built in test and all servers and internet connection worked perfectly. I killed fully and restarted it and got an error that It couldn't connect. I restarted my network switch, i restarted my modem, I power cycled the tv a few times and kept getting the error.

To add to that, I brought up the channel menu and was told I needed to go though the setup wizard because nothing was programmed. My channels were there, but when I hit the 'Recommended' choice, it prompted me that I had to run the setup wizard again. WTF?? Nothing would fix this issue, so here I am running the damn wizard again.

Now that the wizard just finished I tried the Netflix app again and nothing... nope... nada. Same damn error (ui-108). Dammit. Anyone else having issues?
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos, webos tv

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Patch-List] Official webOS 1.4.5 Patch Compatibility List rwhitby webOS Patches 76 12/28/2010 04:29 PM
[Patch-List] Official webOS 1.3.5 Patch Compatibility List dBsooner webOS Patches 61 02/17/2010 07:54 PM
[Patch-List] Official webOS 1.3.1 Patch Compatibility List rwhitby webOS Patches 112 01/07/2010 01:49 AM
[Patch-List] Official webOS 1.3.5 Patch Compatibility List Surfrock66 webOS Patches 12 12/30/2009 11:02 PM
Checkers Pro Feature List kesne webOS Apps & Games 6 11/29/2009 02:23 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0