webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Does Sky+ EPG integration only work with LG webOS Smart Remote?
Does Sky+ EPG integration only work with LG webOS Smart Remote?

Old 06/21/2014, 06:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi there,
Unpacked my LG 50LB650V yesterday and spent a few hours playing - wow. LG have done a great job.

What I did notice is that my LG webOS TV does not feature a smart remote. While I have one on order, I could not find a way of integrating the Sky+ HD box in with the TV - the remote refused to control the set top box.

Has anyone in the UK had any success with this? I have updated to the latest version of WebOS but it is not working too well.

Also, is there a way of triggering the Bean Bird install sequence again - in that sequence there seems to be a linear way of adding channels but once the TV is up and running that wizard disappeared. Is it just another way of adding "universal control"?
Thanks!

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/23/2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added info for searches
John Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2014, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Have you tried asking Bean Bird? @LGBeanBird

It seems Bean Bird likes to twitter, but you might want to avoid dawn as I gather it gets kind of noisy around that time.
Old 06/22/2014, 03:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I can help with a little bit of this -- you may try the Device Connector app, although I'm not entirely sure if you have to have the "Magic" remote to be able to control other devices directly or not. I also have no idea whatsoever what devices are actually supported with that ability.

There should be a way to re-scan channels in both the Settings app and in the Live TV app, although I don't know the exact sequences right off hand. If you truly want to go through the entire initial setup again, you can do Settings -> General -> About -> Reset To Initial, I believe is how the tree goes.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2014, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Reset tv by general settings-reset to initial settings if you want to start from setup.or go to inputs settings..device connector and try different remote settings.but first connect to internet...
drsachinambhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2014, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

John, did you ever have any luck with this??

I've just got a 55LB650V and am having the same problems - I cannot control Sky at all and have no EPG either
Dan Shortell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lb650v, lg webos, sky