Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

    Currently in Australia and using Unblockus to access Hulu and Netflix via the Apple TV. Unfortunately, the LG WebOS tv doesn't allow changing the country to US and is only showing options for Asia Pacific. Has someone found a way to get Hulu and Netflix loaded on an Asis-Pacific WebOS TV?

    Would be cool to use one equipment to access everything.

    Cheers,

    Alexx
  2. eoga's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #2  
    Hello Alexxdavid.

    First, do you have the applications installed and just want to start them with the EEUU catalog or you cant even get the apps installed in your region?

    If it is the first then you hould be able to use any DNS service like the one you are using with your apple TV and it should work fine. I am using one too.

    if it is that you dont even have the application installed because they are not offered in your region by the Webos store then the easies way will be to use a VPN service that your router is able to connect to, that way the tv will load all the application from the EEUU store or any other country you want. in case your router doesnt have this option then you can always connect using your pc and then share the internet connection to your tv and change the country on it once this is done you dont need to connect to the vpn anymore.

    hope this help you.
  3. #3  
    Awesome informative reply. Hope it resolves the issue.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  4. plas's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #4  
    Just bought an LG TV same as the OP. Seems like you cannot install Netflix etc even when connected to a VPN. The TV is sending you to the store linked to the location setting which has no U.S/UK options.
  5. eoga's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #5  
    Plas.

    after you connected to the VPN then change the location to either US or UK and you will access their store and you will be able to install anything you want from this stores. But you need to be connected to the VPN to be able to change the location, at least I needed. You cannot access another store if you dont change the location even if you are on a VPN.
  6. plas's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #6  
    I will need to check again, but from memory even with the VPN connected US/UK do not appear in the location list. Only the same Asia/Pacific options.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by plas View Post
    I will need to check again, but from memory even with the VPN connected US/UK do not appear in the location list. Only the same Asia/Pacific options.
    Same here,
    Even with a VPN or with Unblock US it only shows Asia Pacific regions and no way to select US. I reckon we will need to wait for someone to hack the the tv and to be installed to change the country or install apps manually!
  8. #8  
    Could you not just install the US or UK version of the firmware to the TV?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank007301 View Post
    Could you not just install the US or UK version of the firmware to the TV?
    From my understanding, it unfortunately doesn't work that easily.
  10. #10  
    The only reason I am planning to buy a LG TV is webOS. But if I will not be able to watch any US video streaming services on it, then it is a no go for me. I currently have a Samsung TV and I have no issues in using unblockus.com to watch Netflix/Hulu+/Vudu/HBOGO etc. Surely there must be some way to access the US store, unless LG has locked the store location to the hardware model.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11. eoga's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #11  
    Well it seems like depending on the region you are, are the stores yo can get. like for example i am in Mexico and only get the option to change to an American country i am not available to see any European or Asian. So what you can do is try every country you have and see if any of them have the application you want (hulu, Netflix, Amazon) and installed it. Once installed it then you can use the VPN or unblock service to get the American catalog.

    I see as impossible that no store in the Asia-Pacific region has those apps to be installed.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by eoga View Post
    Well it seems like depending on the region you are, are the stores yo can get. like for example i am in Mexico and only get the option to change to an American country i am not available to see any European or Asian. So what you can do is try every country you have and see if any of them have the application you want (hulu, Netflix, Amazon) and installed it. Once installed it then you can use the VPN or unblock service to get the American catalog.

    I see as impossible that no store in the Asia-Pacific region has those apps to be installed.
    It is the same for Africa. There is no country that has these apps. I am very unhappy. Is there no way to install the USA firmware on to another TV via USB? I want to try out Netflix in 4K.
  13. #13  
    I am having the same problem. I purchased a new 4K television in the UAE, but the list of "location" countries within the configuration screen is limited to African and Middle Eastern nations. The US is not even listed as "grayed out". It's just not there. This is regardless of my VPN connection.

    I have seen on some other forums that, potentially, the TV can be flashed with new firmware to include other nations. I have had no luck, however, finding any confirmation of this or procedures on how to do it.

    I have also called LG and told them that I am moving back to the US and need the issue resolved. They keep giving me the runaround. No solution yet.

    Any advice is welcome.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by blaundry View Post
    I am having the same problem. I purchased a new 4K television in the UAE, but the list of "location" countries within the configuration screen is limited to African and Middle Eastern nations. The US is not even listed as "grayed out". It's just not there. This is regardless of my VPN connection.

    I have seen on some other forums that, potentially, the TV can be flashed with new firmware to include other nations. I have had no luck, however, finding any confirmation of this or procedures on how to do it.

    I have also called LG and told them that I am moving back to the US and need the issue resolved. They keep giving me the runaround. No solution yet.

    Any advice is welcome.
    I am in the same boat.. I am in KSA I was about to get another router with VPN but seems like from what you guys are saying it might not be any help. Flashing the TV might be the solution or using the laptop via HDMI or wifi to the TV is the last option. I love the 4K though... really refreshes some of the older movies I have ..love the WebOS too. very simple to use.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    I am in the same boat.. I am in KSA I was about to get another router with VPN but seems like from what you guys are saying it might not be any help. Flashing the TV might be the solution or using the laptop via HDMI or wifi to the TV is the last option. I love the 4K though... really refreshes some of the older movies I have ..love the WebOS too. very simple to use.
    I've done it!

    Netflix and BBC iplayer.
    Used harmony app on android set as the lg 42wsomething (google it)
    Goto in remote app select ezadjust
    Type 0413
    Goto locations
    Write down code to put back Afterwards
    Then I start typing numbers until I got EU
    Back out of menus
    Restart TV.
    Goto settings and pick UK
    Goto store down load apps
    Then start the routine from beginning this time replace the back the numbers you wrote down to take you back to you default country and boom all apps still there and Netflix in 4k!!!
  16. #16  
    Oh man, I can't wait to try this! WOOT!
  17. #17  
    Is it the Logitech harmony app? Or third party? I installed the Logitech one and it only wants to connect to their hub.
  18. xocox's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #18  
    @Mick is it the logitech Harmony android app? If so I installed but I can't link with my TV (50LB6500)
    Please explain that part
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatoV View Post
    Oh man, I can't wait to try this! WOOT!
    it works alright! I only got the 60ub850t last week and after surfing around found no way to sideload apps and nobody with any ideas on how to get the apps from oth stores around the globe. after two days I figured it out as for the location in service menu I have now idea how the algorithm decides the geo-location so i wrote down the orignal and then started using lower number to each 4 while under the grayed out locations change each time I kept going until I came across EU and nothing else so I could still read english after the reboot. Id have been F###ed if another language came up. HAHA next post is a photo of ch9 and the menu showing apps installed. its been checked by admin now so hopefully they will post it soon
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xocox View Post
    @Mick is it the logitech Harmony android app? If so I installed but I can't link with my TV (50LB6500)
    Please explain that part
    Yes I used the Harmony app. I have an Harmony one remote so I could connect to the HUB.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03/21/2012, 07:56 PM
  2. Hulu for webOS
    By Jakeeeee in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07/20/2011, 01:57 PM
  3. Hulu and Netflix through HTML5 - Pre?
    By Goyena in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03/13/2011, 09:21 PM
  4. did hp announce hulu or netflix on feb9?
    By protofa in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02/10/2011, 05:38 PM
  5. WebOS update while overseas?
    By bulls96 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12/27/2009, 08:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions