webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/31/2015, 12:21 PM   #101 (permalink)

hi

i just bought a LG tv (65UF6450) and really need to connect it to bbc iplayer etc..
i assume it will have a very recent firmware version and webos version. .so the last few comments on this thread have me worried. .

so are people still able to update their locations (using the methods discussed) and watch Netflix from US etc???

also. .one last question. . i am assuming that everything discussed to change location is only part of the solution. . you still need to connect the TV to a router which runs OpenVPN to the country you want to watch content from??

thanks everyone
Richard54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2016, 05:07 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard54321 View Post
hi

i just bought a LG tv (65UF6450) and really need to connect it to bbc iplayer etc..
i assume it will have a very recent firmware version and webos version. .so the last few comments on this thread have me worried. .

so are people still able to update their locations (using the methods discussed) and watch Netflix from US etc???

also. .one last question. . i am assuming that everything discussed to change location is only part of the solution. . you still need to connect the TV to a router which runs OpenVPN to the country you want to watch content from??

thanks everyone
Yes, depending on TV model and if you can run the Netflix app. BBC iPlayer can be installed easily by changing location, unfortunately Netflix cant update, it will be visible after changing location but once you run it, it will request an update then the apps3depth.001 will be the error.

Yes you still need a VPN router, or a DNS service e.g. unotelly, then change DNS manually on the TV.
joelfrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2016, 06:57 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfrancisco View Post
Yes, depending on TV model and if you can run the Netflix app. BBC iPlayer can be installed easily by changing location, unfortunately Netflix cant update, it will be visible after changing location but once you run it, it will request an update then the apps3depth.001 will be the error.

Yes you still need a VPN router, or a DNS service e.g. unotelly, then change DNS manually on the TV.
thanks very much Joel

so is there any point in going to ask this effort if i am likely to encounter theapps3depth error and it sounds like there is no workaround. ...?

thanks again!
richard12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2016, 04:51 AM   #104 (permalink)

Hi guys, just wondering how do I change country code back?, I've changed it once using the ezadj menu but now when I enter the menu again, I cannot change the country code to anything at all?. Am I missing something?, any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/06/2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: misspelling
gunit439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2016, 11:34 AM   #105 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Since Netflix has launched worldwide - and I am in Asia where netflix has started in my country, I am still unable to get the netflix app on my LG 4k tv. My tv support netflix and if I do have the app if I change region (but I am not able to update the app due to error message).

I have checked the premium app page on LG content store and Netflix does not appear. A friend that has a LG smart tv in my country has managed to download it directly from the premium app page on the store.

Anyone know how I can download the netflix app? :S

Thanks!
reawakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2016, 03:51 PM   #106 (permalink)

Hi,

Same issue here, country is Macedonia (Europe), netflix service just started here also, TV is Lg 55 Uf 8007, and I can't download netflix app from LG Content Store, simply it does not exist, under any country (even UK).
I've tried everything, changing service location, activating vpn proxy, nothing is working, the app is missing in the store, so it can't be updated and used!!!
When the vpn proxy is active, the TV even automatically chose UK service, but again the app can't be updated...

Very frustrating and strange behavior from LG, why did they implemented such protection, really can't understand.
If I knew this information before choosing the brand, I will definitely go with Samsung!!!!

Does anyone have idea what is going on??

Thanks
zortel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2016, 01:34 PM   #107 (permalink)

Im afraid we will all have to wait for LG to release it on their content store. This apps3depth.001 looks like a content security where they dont want people to download directly, even if you change from one country to another. For now, still watching using roku 3 for my netflix, but would love to have only have 1 remote for everything and watch 4K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reawakening View Post
Hey guys,

Since Netflix has launched worldwide - and I am in Asia where netflix has started in my country, I am still unable to get the netflix app on my LG 4k tv. My tv support netflix and if I do have the app if I change region (but I am not able to update the app due to error message).

I have checked the premium app page on LG content store and Netflix does not appear. A friend that has a LG smart tv in my country has managed to download it directly from the premium app page on the store.

Anyone know how I can download the netflix app? :S

Thanks!
joelfrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2016, 05:52 AM   #108 (permalink)

Hi,

i have an LG55UF8557. Netfilx app can`t be updated - I`m always receiving an error msg theapps3depth.001 and after a day or so the app disappears completely. Tried several Locations - AT, DE, UK - same thing - app is available and after failed update attempted it just vanishes.

I have contacted my local LG support (Slovakia) and got a respond stating that there are some TVs with affordable price (1200e for me) ending with the number 7 that do not have Netflix app support.

It seems that LG is for some reason blocking the Netflix app on certain devices, which means it`s up to them to make it available.

A very unpleasant surprise if what the Support guy wrote me is true.
benco666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2016, 04:59 AM   #109 (permalink)

Hello
Same problem here in Romania with 55UF7787 (number 7 at the end).
Tried to install from UK store, got the apps3depth.001 error, and after that is missing from the store.
zoltika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2016, 01:36 AM   #110 (permalink)

Can confirm , is something with tv ending with number 7

Yesterday i played with the 55uf7787 and a 32LF580
Entered into the service menu with home made remote (DIY Infrared transmitter for iPhone, iPod) - service code 0413
Changed area in both to US (1793) , i had in both code 3122 (EU) , i was able to install netflix without problem on the 32LF580 , but received the same apps1depth.001 error on the 55uf7787.
Hulu for ex. installed without problems,
So it looks on the TV's with number 7 at the end not have netflix support yet.
Big disappointment as i bought this TV set to have 4k content from netflix.
zoltika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2016, 12:58 AM   #111 (permalink)

Hi!

Please advise the area code for Hong Kong.

Thank you.
John_Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2016, 07:22 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltika View Post
Can confirm , is something with tv ending with number 7

Yesterday i played with the 55uf7787 and a 32LF580
Entered into the service menu with home made remote (DIY Infrared transmitter for iPhone, iPod) - service code 0413
Changed area in both to US (1793) , i had in both code 3122 (EU) , i was able to install netflix without problem on the 32LF580 , but received the same apps1depth.001 error on the 55uf7787.
Hulu for ex. installed without problems,
So it looks on the TV's with number 7 at the end not have netflix support yet.
Big disappointment as i bought this TV set to have 4k content from netflix.
Is there any way you could save the app from the one TV and load it onto the other?
Hiopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2016, 09:46 AM   #113 (permalink)

Hi guys,

let's say I use ezadjust to adjust to EU code (3122), what is stopping me from retaining that code and not going back to what was originally mine (I live in EU too, but Croatia, not England).
Will I have any downside of doing that?
Now we have absolutely nothing on our LG store so I use the UK anyway....

EDIT: OK, so it looks like I'm already in EU 3112, but still I'm unable to download Netflix even if I choose GB for service area....
Any help here?!?

Last edited by VaandaL; 01/22/2016 at 02:24 PM.
VaandaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2016, 09:22 PM   #114 (permalink)

Recently bought a 49UF680T (Thailand). Was disappointed to find no netflix. When I switched to Australian region it appeared but gave me a content not available error when I tried to open it. After that next time I went back it wouldn't show at all.

Tracked down this page about the Netflix release in Thailand - LG Smart TV | The Official Thailand LG Blog

In the page it mentions:

Translated: TV version of the Netflix service begins April 2016 include the UG870T, UF860T, UF850T, UF830T, UF770T, UF690T, UF680T, UF640T: App Location embedded in Launcher Bar and Premium Content in LG Content Store.

So looks like these models might not be supported until April. Would explain why people still aren't seeing Netflix when they change to USA or UK regions.
Alex Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2016, 02:25 PM   #115 (permalink)

I called yesterday LG Thailand. The told me Netflix will be available on 16th April.
Jack-Bkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2016, 10:11 AM   #116 (permalink)

On what models?

I was told that "7" models won't be available at all. So my 49UF8507 doesent support Nerflix.

This is my tv:

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/19/2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: fixed image link to good link
VaandaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2016, 06:26 AM   #117 (permalink)

Guys, just got Netflix app on my 55UF6807 and it works !
psypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2016, 07:41 PM   #118 (permalink)

Model 60LB5820, when getting into EZ_ADJUST

I see:

7. Country Group
Country Group Code 19
Country Group AJ
Country --

8. Area Option
Area Code 263

I see no 4 digit country options, so has anyone will a similar menu setup as above managed to get access to US/UK apps and if so, could you please share how you did so?
competitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2016, 07:02 AM   #119 (permalink)

Hi, I'm from NSW Australia.
I have been able to access EZ, however I am unable to change the 'Country Code' to US. I can only access 04- Europe, 06- Australia, asia... etc.
Therefore I cannot enter the code of 1793 successfully. Just wondering if anyone is able to tell me how to change the 'country code' to US.
Thanks.
markfaulks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2016, 05:37 PM   #120 (permalink)

Hey all,

Does anyone have the NZ country codes?

Mines stuck in US mode (1793) and I want to revert it back and forgot the codes :-)

cheers!
Ben
Ben Loveday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv