webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Like Tree3Likes

Old 06/18/2015, 07:13 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thomson1 View Post
Hi, Netflix does now appear in both the NZ and AU stores as Netflix became available in both countries in April I think it was. I have it on my LG from there, I did try similar things as you describe before it was available in NZ but I ran into the same difficulties that you did. I think it's just the way LG/Netflix limit it by geography. I've bought this up with LG as have others, given people move countries these days, their response was if your TV doesn't work in the new location, basically go buy a new one. They are hard coded (or something like that), so very hard to make them think they are somewhere else.

I'd suggest you try the NZ or AU stores again, the Netflix application is definitely in there. Good luck.
I did check just a few hours ago on both the AU and the NZ store and unfortunately, no Netflix. I'm really not sure why the whole region changing thing leads to a broken store for me. All I want is 4K Netflix. Sigh. This kinda defeats the purpose of getting a Smart TV, because I only wanted it so I wouldn't have to use my PS4 for Netflix, Spotify and the like.

EDIT: I'm convinced that something, somewhere is blocking this. I used an AUS VPN and checked that it was working (auto location select on the TV chose Australia). I registered for an LG Aus account, proceeded to log onto it and tried downloading Netflix from the online store on my PC. It said "Netflix cannot be played on your device". Damn it, looks like I'm out of options at this point.

Last edited by APACUser; 06/18/2015 at 11:59 PM.
APACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2015, 07:25 AM   #82 (permalink)

Hi all

I recently bought a lg TV and managed to change my location to USA, when I logged into the store, Netflix was installed but soon after uninstalled itself.

I logged into the lg store but Netflix is not available.

I also enabled the Vpn to simulate my location to be in the USA but was still not able to install Netflix (not on the store)

Can anyone else advise if they had this issue and how to resolve.

Thanks

Brendon
Brendonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2015, 04:01 PM   #83 (permalink)

It looks like LG did something to block Netflix, I had it setup and working for about a month and a week ago the app disappeared even in the site !
quattro_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2015, 02:38 AM   #84 (permalink)

Hi all,

I recently bought a LG 60UB850T and used my harmony 600 remote to change the area option to US (1793) with the service menu, but when the TV rebooted at the "Where are you?" setup step the country selection has changed to timezone (for US cities) but no matter which city I select I cannot progress to the next step. The "Ok" button remains greyed out (see attached pic).

What makes it worse and because I am stuck on this step I cannot even access the service menu to change the area option back. So my TV is basically useless at moment.

I've attached a pic of the step that its stuck at. Anyone encounter the same problem or have a solution?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg File 2015-07-26, 9 32 20 AM.jpeg (132.8 KB, 133 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/30/2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added picture in-line
Aarif21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2015, 04:45 PM   #85 (permalink)

I just bought a UF850T and was keen to access the USA app store Im bummed that the LG store is a little sad and lacking apps, on setting it all up, pity it was not Android..... keen to access via Harmony remote
joffofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2015, 04:41 PM   #86 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a list of country codes? I switched my 55UB850T to USA a while back and never made a note of the original NZ country code :-P

I'm keen to switch it back to NZ and get some of the local apps.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ben
Ben Loveday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2015, 07:49 AM   #87 (permalink)

I bought the new LG Web OS TV 55UF776 and eveything is fine. I already have UK.
Netflix is by default installed when I click on it, it says app need to be updated. I click Yes.. It take me to the LG store but then it says content not available!!!
I got Harmony remote to switch to US. I did that.. but also Netflix is not there!!!
What happening.. Why Netflix App is not available anymore in UK or US store.. I live in UK (
Help plzzz.
rami22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2015, 11:34 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rami22 View Post
I bought the new LG Web OS TV 55UF776 and eveything is fine. I already have UK.
Netflix is by default installed when I click on it, it says app need to be updated. I click Yes.. It take me to the LG store but then it says content not available!!!
I got Harmony remote to switch to US. I did that.. but also Netflix is not there!!!
What happening.. Why Netflix App is not available anymore in UK or US store.. I live in UK (
Help plzzz.
My guess is your location settings aren't quite right. Netflix is definitely in both the UK and US stores, as it is now here in Australia/New Zealand.

I found sometimes switching off and unplugging for awhile then plugging back in resets something in these TVs. Have you set up an account on the LG store on the net, that may also be related to your problem.

LG's approach is completely stupid of course, after many years buying their TVs, my experience with WebOS 1 and the 8 month old TV that is now very out of date, I won't buy any LG product when I decide to replace this TV.

Good luck, I do think trying the power reset may help, as will trying to do it via the web.... the TV's themselves and the daft LG set up are, well basically just rubbish.
Michael Thomson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2015, 04:21 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendonl View Post
Hi all

I recently bought a lg TV and managed to change my location to USA, when I logged into the store, Netflix was installed but soon after uninstalled itself.

I logged into the lg store but Netflix is not available.

I also enabled the Vpn to simulate my location to be in the USA but was still not able to install Netflix (not on the store)

Can anyone else advise if they had this issue and how to resolve.

Thanks

Brendon
Did you manage to solve this issue, I have the same problem?!
Old 08/16/2015, 02:28 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thomson1 View Post
My guess is your location settings aren't quite right. Netflix is definitely in both the UK and US stores, as it is now here in Australia/New Zealand.

I found sometimes switching off and unplugging for awhile then plugging back in resets something in these TVs. Have you set up an account on the LG store on the net, that may also be related to your problem.

LG's approach is completely stupid of course, after many years buying their TVs, my experience with WebOS 1 and the 8 month old TV that is now very out of date, I won't buy any LG product when I decide to replace this TV.

Good luck, I do think trying the power reset may help, as will trying to do it via the web.... the TV's themselves and the daft LG set up are, well basically just rubbish.
I was able to download stuff from UK store and US store but Netflix is not one of them.
I registered online an tried to download it from there but it says that Netflix can't run on your device.

Do you mean unplug the TV for a while then reset it to factory settings and try again?
When I do the reset should I change the country too?

Thanks for your reply//
Old 10/11/2015, 03:22 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rami22 View Post
I was able to download stuff from UK store and US store but Netflix is not one of them.
I registered online an tried to download it from there but it says that Netflix can't run on your device.

Do you mean unplug the TV for a while then reset it to factory settings and try again?
When I do the reset should I change the country too?

Thanks for your reply//
Same here, I was able to download stuff, even the first time I open each store (US and UK) I could see Netflix from home access, but it gives an error just after I hit update button. "Content is unavailable." on the right bottom is possible to see this: ERROR CODE: APPS3DEPTH.001

Have anyone sorted this out?
rlourenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2015, 03:12 PM   #92 (permalink)

Would anybody know the country/area code for The Netherlands? Is there a full list with all codes?

Thanks!
DonRonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2015, 11:25 AM   #93 (permalink)

Ok, have just unboxed my 43UF64 here in the UAE. Thanks to the posts on here have downloaded the management remote app.

Changed my location to US and downloaded Spotify, swapped to the UK and downloaded BBC News and Demand 5, swapped again to Australia and downloaded ABC iView and SBS On Demand. (Thanks for everyone's input)

Swapped back to original UAE settings and all apps have remained, as people said they would, great.

Only problem - no where can I get Netflix or BBC iPlayer?!?!? Same problem as others have reported, showed up originally when I swapped location to US, but when I tried to open it, said it needed updating, and then gives error "No page available" or something similar. Does not show up in either the US, UK or AUS LG Content stores.

Together we can sort this out, surely?
PeteSeqeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2015, 08:05 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga View Post
Well it seems like depending on the region you are, are the stores yo can get. like for example i am in Mexico and only get the option to change to an American country i am not available to see any European or Asian. So what you can do is try every country you have and see if any of them have the application you want (hulu, Netflix, Amazon) and installed it. Once installed it then you can use the VPN or unblock service to get the American catalog.

I see as impossible that no store in the Asia-Pacific region has those apps to be installed.

I did as you said i got the netflix app installed by changing country to Australia..now what to do when entered it says u"Unsupported in your region"

what next...?
Sabarish Waran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2015, 01:20 PM   #95 (permalink)

I installed the US netflix app about a year ago and haven't had any issues....for those who are having issues.. I wld recommend trying downgrading your firmware on your TV and trying to install the netflix app using an older firmware. Worth a shot....
KingP1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2015, 01:05 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlourenco View Post
Same here, I was able to download stuff, even the first time I open each store (US and UK) I could see Netflix from home access, but it gives an error just after I hit update button. "Content is unavailable." on the right bottom is possible to see this: ERROR CODE: APPS3DEPTH.001

Have anyone sorted this out?
Experiencing the same problem. Can't update Netflix and prompted Error code: APPS3DEPTH.001

Anyone has a solution for this?
reawakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2015, 10:06 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phez View Post
OK Folks,

Bit more progress, I got into the service menu using this trick:
Enterprise IT: Service,Ej-Adjust,PowerOnly Menü

and the audio files from here:
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/images/8...e-menu-All.zip

I used an old Xbox remote and set of headphones and the service menu opened up.

Put in the code 0413 and selected "Area Option".

Trick is now to pick the right code. For my region the default code is '4812' but after playing with the numbers as per Mick Armo I found the following:

Area Option
Continet Index
Language&Country
HW Settings

A - 4812
C - 76
L - AJ
H - AJ/JA/IL

A - 481
C - 97
L - West-EU
HW - EU

A - 48
C - 48
L - Nordic
HW - EU

A - 500
C - 116
L - West-Eu
HW - EU

A - 600
C - 88
L - ETC-EU
HW - EU

A -700
C - 60
L - AJ
HW - EU

A - 800
C - 32
L - JA
HW - EU

I have noticed that once you change the code and then revert back to original, you will need to retune the TV.

Can anyone provide more details on the codes? Mick?

UPDATE:

I have added an image for the homebrew infrared controller. I used an old original XBox remote with 3.5mm headphones plug, connected to my laptop. I use Mint Linux 17 with the default Banshee audio app. If you are using the Audio file from the above link, make sure you use the file "serv-ok-ok". Also I soldered the wires for convenience, you dont have to so that you can re-use your remote control.
Do you know the code for middle east countries. I bought my TV in qatar
Jan Dizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2015, 04:38 AM   #98 (permalink)

Hello everyone,
Recently purchased a new LG 55UF6807. I cannot get Netflix installed on it whatsoever. I have other two LG TVs, older models, to which I've already changed the access region to West Europe and then UK, and I have Netflix running on those perfectly fine.

I tried on this new model [with WebOS2] changing the region to US and using several services to allow me to access the content from different regions.

Both Google DNSs are blocked on the router and I tried even manually setting the DNS on the TV, all in vain.
psypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2015, 09:29 AM   #99 (permalink)

SAME PROBLEM!! HELP!!! APPS3DEPTH.001

I tried changing regions too from US to UK, still the same. Used Unotelly and switching to PureVPN in router vice/versa same problem!

Im trying to update WebOS 2 to ver. 4.00 lets see what happens..

Quote:
Originally Posted by reawakening View Post
Experiencing the same problem. Can't update Netflix and prompted Error code: APPS3DEPTH.001

Anyone has a solution for this?
joelfrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2015, 04:26 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfrancisco View Post
SAME PROBLEM!! HELP!!! APPS3DEPTH.001

I tried changing regions too from US to UK, still the same. Used Unotelly and switching to PureVPN in router vice/versa same problem!

Im trying to update WebOS 2 to ver. 4.00 lets see what happens..
Also same issue here, trying to update Netflix and getting apps3depth.001 error. Any help would be appreciated!
Ross Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv