webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Like Tree3Likes

Old 03/07/2015, 10:37 PM   #61 (permalink)

Hey guys yeah, I believe recently they've changed how the area code stuff works, because now there is just Country Group & Area option, both don't allow you to add a 4 digit area code.

Starting to really **** me off, because it took me so long to get into the service menu then all of a sudden it's nothing like you guys said, so the latest update must of changed it.

anyone got any ideas?
Lachlan Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2015, 11:52 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan Carpenter View Post
Hey guys yeah, I believe recently they've changed how the area code stuff works, because now there is just Country Group & Area option, both don't allow you to add a 4 digit area code.

Starting to really **** me off, because it took me so long to get into the service menu then all of a sudden it's nothing like you guys said, so the latest update must of changed it.

anyone got any ideas?
Can anyone with a US region LG smart tv confirm what is the country code for US? For example 04 is for EU (Europe). Would appreciate if anyone can share the code for US.
Juzar Jamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2015, 02:39 AM   #63 (permalink)

In case any Australian dudes out there are still trying to get Netflix installed; I just checked the LG Store, and the official Netflix App is now available for Australian users!
BrashesVoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2015, 10:10 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashesVoucher View Post
In case any Australian dudes out there are still trying to get Netflix installed; I just checked the LG Store, and the official Netflix App is now available for Australian users!
I don't see it anywhere?
Old 03/10/2015, 05:33 PM   #65 (permalink)

Definitely there last night! I can see it on the web interface too, here: ::: LG Smart World :::
BrashesVoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2015, 12:41 AM   #66 (permalink)

I'll have a look on my 4K LG app store for the netflix app

I have a US netflix user id will that work on the OZ netflix ?
brett simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2015, 07:04 AM   #67 (permalink)

Even on the web store when I try to install it via that onto my PC it says "can't use on that device"
Old 03/11/2015, 08:36 AM   #68 (permalink)

Wait does the 55ub820t just not support netflix? can't be serious dammit.
Old 03/11/2015, 05:24 PM   #69 (permalink)

checked last night the app was on the lg store.
grabbed it but it wont connect to the OZ netflix servers until is release in a few weeks
brett simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by BrashesVoucher likes this.
Old 03/14/2015, 06:39 PM   #70 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

I really hope someone can help me here, I have the LG 55UB820T. I changed the Country Group in the Service Menu to 04 for Europe but now when I access the Service Menu I cannot change the Country Group. I have tried a reboot and a factory reset, neither woked. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
w1johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2015, 11:33 PM   #71 (permalink)

Well I've got it now, netflix never goes above 720p quality I have the internet speed for 4k what the hell
Old 04/20/2015, 12:31 AM   #72 (permalink)

Hi I realize no one is addressing the issue of the country code not being changable in the ez-setup menu
garryc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by simpliam likes this.
Old 05/19/2015, 03:13 PM   #73 (permalink)

Hi,

Accessed Ezsetup with Android App and changed Area Code messing with the entrances below. Just go changing the "0" and "1" and you'll get there.

Thing is although able to change it to 1793/US the Country Code remains 04/EU and I can't get to change to US.

Any ideas?

Thanks
simpliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2015, 06:57 PM   #74 (permalink)

Same as other posters, since buying my 55LG back in December I've had battles with LG over the failures of their product. I've yet yet tried the recommendations in this post to set up Apps, although it looks toward the end of the thread that LG have moved to block our abiity to change the region coding - they really do suck. My main gripe with LG is their marketing in this part of the world (NZ). Whilst they show their products looking all graphical and interactive and including apps like Hulu etc, what they fail to say is in this location none of that stuff actually works.

I've complained several times to LG about product functionality, or lack thereof, and the response I got was..... no response at all.

I'll likely have a go at the change tips in this thread, but I have to say, this is probably the last time I will buy an LG product, their service (oxymoron) is non-existant, and they fail in their product quality and marketing as far as New Zealand goes.

Lastly, anyone who has done this, is there a NZ code, or do we use the Aussie one, and, why an android device, I don't have one? And will a Harmony 1100 remote do this coding thing?

Thanks and yeh, LG, far from quality.
Michael Thomson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2015, 04:16 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thomson1 View Post
Lastly, anyone who has done this, is there a NZ code, or do we use the Aussie one, and, why an android device, I don't have one? And will a Harmony 1100 remote do this coding thing?
I changed mine ages ago since Netflix was not launched in NZ and I was using unblockus.com to watch Netflix and Hulu in NZ.

Think of the LG Store like iTunes, XBL and PSN - they are region specific. Since NZ did not have Netflix at the time, there was no need to show it in the store and Netflix most likely restricted LG from doing so.

As a workaround, you need the Harmony remote or Android app with Infrared compatible Android phone to beam specific infrared codes to put the TV in Service Mode so you can bypass region restrictions.

You shouldn't need to do all this now as I'm guessing the Netflix app should now be appearing in the NZ Store as noted - it is appearing in the Aussie store!

It is handy to access all the other apps by switching the TV to US or UK as you will be able to download Hulu+ and Amazon, MGo and any other apps
SoUnfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2015, 06:24 PM   #76 (permalink)

Can Harmony 350 activate Ez Adjust menu??? Thanks!
enix122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 09:17 AM   #77 (permalink)

Hi, i gust registered to thanks everyone for there help and contribution on this matter.
i have an LG 55EC930T, using an LG G3 with "Service Menu Explorer App" via IR i was able to change the country code and enjoy Netflex, Hulu plus and amazon prime on my TV .

thanks again
quattro_rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 06/08/2015, 10:27 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro_rs View Post
Hi, i gust registered to thanks everyone for there help and contribution on this matter.
i have an LG 55EC930T, using an LG G3 with "Service Menu Explorer App" via IR i was able to change the country code and enjoy Netflex, Hulu plus and amazon prime on my TV .

thanks again
Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the feedback

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2015, 05:10 PM   #79 (permalink)

Has anyone in Asia Pacific managed to get Netflix working? I can change my location to US just fine, but the LG store won't load. It says something along the lines of "There is no content available". I've tried multiple other stores (random European countries, some South American, the UK etc.) but all error out the same way. The only countries that do work however, are APAC ones. While randomly entering numbers, I found HK and decided to change to that. Not surprisingly, the store worked. This was however, new because Hong Kong is not one of the default countries that I can choose from. My TV was purchased in India so it mostly includes South East Asian countries and Oceania. Curiously, Netflix isn't listed on the AU or NZ store, even when used with a VPN (shared internet connection with my laptop that was connected to one).

I'm really disappointed that there's potentially no way to use Netflix on my TV. I've tried everything I possibly could (even changing the model number from tool option 0), but to absolutely no avail. It would be great if someone with more knowledge could look into this and see if they can't figure out why it wouldn't work.
APACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/17/2015, 11:13 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APACUser View Post
Has anyone in Asia Pacific managed to get Netflix working? I can change my location to US just fine, but the LG store won't load. It says something along the lines of "There is no content available". I've tried multiple other stores (random European countries, some South American, the UK etc.) but all error out the same way. The only countries that do work however, are APAC ones. While randomly entering numbers, I found HK and decided to change to that. Not surprisingly, the store worked. This was however, new because Hong Kong is not one of the default countries that I can choose from. My TV was purchased in India so it mostly includes South East Asian countries and Oceania. Curiously, Netflix isn't listed on the AU or NZ store, even when used with a VPN (shared internet connection with my laptop that was connected to one).

I'm really disappointed that there's potentially no way to use Netflix on my TV. I've tried everything I possibly could (even changing the model number from tool option 0), but to absolutely no avail. It would be great if someone with more knowledge could look into this and see if they can't figure out why it wouldn't work.
Hi, Netflix does now appear in both the NZ and AU stores as Netflix became available in both countries in April I think it was. I have it on my LG from there, I did try similar things as you describe before it was available in NZ but I ran into the same difficulties that you did. I think it's just the way LG/Netflix limit it by geography. I've bought this up with LG as have others, given people move countries these days, their response was if your TV doesn't work in the new location, basically go buy a new one. They are hard coded (or something like that), so very hard to make them think they are somewhere else.

I'd suggest you try the NZ or AU stores again, the Netflix application is definitely in there. Good luck.
Michael Thomson1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv