webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Like Tree3Likes

Old 01/10/2015, 06:59 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Murdoch1 View Post
First - thank you so much for helping.

I have set the Country Services to USA - no difference I am afraid. Same, same Canada and Mexico - the other two options with the 1793 code. I have also tried it for the UK - again, Netflix and BBCiPlayer are in the WebOS menu, but neither will load, the LG Shop will not populate, and I cannot sign in to LG Account (even having having set one up in the USA).

Can I ask which version of WebOS you have? Mine is 03.23.31.

Ta much
OK. Sorted. Netflix and Amazon from the USA. BBC iPlayer from the UK.

Essentially, follow plas's steps above. For me, Unblockus DNS did not fully set the location change on the TV, so I used a free Unlocator account, and all worked as required. I reverted to Unblockus after the process, only because we use their Netflix region selection tool.

I used the Harmony remote, setting up an older LG TV to get EZ-ADJ. run that, enter the USA Code 1793, then restart TV. Select USA from the Country Service menu under General, Location. Follow the prompts. From the USA LG store download whateveR you need - apps will stay on the TV when you revert to Australian location. Do the same for the UK Code 3122. The revert to Australia Code 12950. Remember each time to set the Country Services code to USA, UK, or Australia and restart each time.

Advantages? Well, no need for the power monster PS3 any more. Netflix in Super HD or 4K for those with the bandwidth. Netflix switchable to regions (UK for kids, english drama, and USA for the rest. All in one place, in HD, TV native applications.

Phew.

Brilliant.

Thank you all for your various contributions!!!
Andrew Murdoch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2015, 07:08 AM   #42 (permalink)

What if your TV does not have a Ir receiver then this will not work. And I do not have a Logitech remote.??

Last edited by Reitz R; 01/23/2015 at 09:01 AM.
Reitz R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2015, 11:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

I have the 42ls5700, and all the region changing options are 'greyed out' locked.

just like this guys
LG Smart TV Apps Region Changing? - TVs - Home theatre - Whirlpool Forums

How do you change the 'locked' option
terryrankine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2015, 05:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reitz R View Post
What id your tv does not have a Ir receiver then this will not work. And I do not have a Logitech remote.??
Cant help you there - I used a Logitech....
Old 01/14/2015, 05:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryrankine View Post
I have the 42ls5700, and all the region changing options are 'greyed out' locked.

just like this guys

Unknown for your TV - I suspect you need to access the EZADJ settings as per Plas's post above to make the change.....
Old 01/14/2015, 06:20 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryrankine View Post

just like this guys

See my reply in the forum you quoted.....
Old 01/15/2015, 12:08 AM   #47 (permalink)

Hi,
I used https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otefairy&hl=en in my samsung S4

Search remote database under Settings Add remote > LG > service menu
LG Service Menu Explorer does not work on my S4 (4.3)

Regards,
adi786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2015, 04:14 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicko1 View Post
Hi All,
I used a Logitech harmony 650 that i have for my main LG tv and just added the ezi adjust button in the myharmony software - took a minute..
Went to my web os tv in the bedroom, pressed ezi adjust, went to area settings, changed the code to the US one as listed by you to 1793.
Changed the Services Settings to USA then turned tv off, turned back on downloaded Netflix & Hulu.
EZI ADJUST menu, Turned Country code back to 4816 (victoria) and changed services location to Australia.
Rebooted and signed into netflix and hulu - no problems

Didnt even need to retune my tv stations
Hey mate bit of silly question but how do I go about adding the ezi menu on the harmony remote? Hooked it to my harmony but couldn't work it out
Rigamortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2015, 11:07 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigamortiz View Post
Hey mate bit of silly question but how do I go about adding the ezi menu on the harmony remote? Hooked it to my harmony but couldn't work it out
Click on Buttons on the left hand side, from the drop downbox under Remote Buttons select your Device and press Go.
On the left hand side click on the button you want to set and from the list of commands click on EZ-ADJ, a little menu will pop up click assign.
Then Save, sync etc to the remote and done.

If you dont have the EZ-ADJ option under command create a new device and use the model LG 47LE5300-UC, then repeat the process above.
plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2015, 01:32 AM   #50 (permalink)

Hey GUYS Made a bit of a bollocks changed a code by accident and didn't write the original can anybody with a Australian UB850T model goto to the service menu and select TOOLOption 3 and let me know the correct Audio Amp code they have in there. mine is TAS5733 at the mo which isn't correct. No audio!!! thanks in Advance cheers!
Mick Armo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2015, 02:42 AM   #51 (permalink)

Seems i have the same problem you had. Change Country setting to US but LG Store or Netflix wont open. Have tried unblock.us and Unlocator with no luck.

Anyone have advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Murdoch1 View Post
OK. Sorted. Netflix and Amazon from the USA. BBC iPlayer from the UK.

Essentially, follow plas's steps above. For me, Unblockus DNS did not fully set the location change on the TV, so I used a free Unlocator account, and all worked as required. I reverted to Unblockus after the process, only because we use their Netflix region selection tool.

I used the Harmony remote, setting up an older LG TV to get EZ-ADJ. run that, enter the USA Code 1793, then restart TV. Select USA from the Country Service menu under General, Location. Follow the prompts. From the USA LG store download whateveR you need - apps will stay on the TV when you revert to Australian location. Do the same for the UK Code 3122. The revert to Australia Code 12950. Remember each time to set the Country Services code to USA, UK, or Australia and restart each time.

Advantages? Well, no need for the power monster PS3 any more. Netflix in Super HD or 4K for those with the bandwidth. Netflix switchable to regions (UK for kids, english drama, and USA for the rest. All in one place, in HD, TV native applications.

Phew.

Brilliant.

Thank you all for your various contributions!!!
kevinwb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2015, 04:02 PM   #52 (permalink)

Brilliant, all set up and good to go. Thank you!
Rigamortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2015, 02:24 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwb74 View Post
Seems i have the same problem you had. Change Country setting to US but LG Store or Netflix wont open. Have tried unblock.us and Unlocator with no luck.

Anyone have advice?
anyone?
kevinwb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2015, 04:19 AM   #54 (permalink)

Hi Guys, I hope this helps as a cheap and easy option for those who own Samsung Tab.
I have LG 60UB850T purchased and using it in Dubai. Managed to change location using LG Service Menu Explorer app for andriod downloaded from Google Playstore and installed on my Samsung 10.1 Tablet.
With TV on, run the app and select Infra-red as means of connection.
App opens to look like remote control.
Press button which looks like a 'red Wand' icon on right hand side.
You are asked to enter one of two codes, mine was 0413.
You are now presented with EX-ADJ menu, scroll down to 'Area Settings' using the down arrows and press enter.
Change the top line 4 digit to the code of your choice. 3122 for UK, 1793 for US etc.
Press 'red wand' until service menu closes and just have TV, reboot the TV (turn off then on). WEBOS should reload.
Go to TV settings menu and select Location, your selected continent should be selected all you have to do is select country of service.
Open WEBOS and all apps from that service area should be available for download.
You can go to any area and download the apps as once downloaded they stay in your WEBOS menu.
I am running Netgear Nighthawk x4 connected to 24mbps configured with Dynamic DNS settings and an account from Unotelly. TV hard wired to router with cat 6 cables.
REAL 4K streaming TV what a difference
Sorry it was a bit of a long winded description but I guess there are some newbies like me out there who need more of an 'Idiots Guide'
If I find time I will compile a guide with pictures to try and make it easier.

Cheers
Zebadee45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2015, 04:51 AM   #55 (permalink)

Country code for Russia: 3128
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/2015, 02:22 AM   #56 (permalink)

Have a webos 4k tv - lg 65ubt950t and live in nz. The restrictions are crap. No Netflix, pandora or even playz apps to speak of.
Registered with unotelly for DNS and then got to Netflix (can't get to it in nz as they block it, hence getn a diff DNS). Set TV DNS to new dns. No doubt will have to update that as it changes.
Got the LG Service Manager $8 on playstore and installed on my note4. Wouldn't do wifi to tv but it worked via ir.. Using white button will shows allot of settings but couldn't navigate to region setting. Used the red wizard button and it showed service mode and wola- location. Set to us (1793) and then exit - don't think it needs a restart as I went straight into set location and wola us avail. Before doing this u could only see South pacific countries. Have left it on us and don't plan to set it diff.
So thanks to all your posts. So appreciate it. It's been a huge undertaking, just to get decent paid iptv without restriction and without the massive expense we get here in nz.
Keep up the good work
tonester56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2015, 05:41 AM   #57 (permalink)

I can't access or change the 'Area Code' in the 'Area Option' menu. I can only access and change any of the options below such as:
Wi-Fi Frequency
Lang.Gr.
Isolator
Changing them will also change the country code, but I can't get the US or UK code.

I'm wondering if the reason is the Magic Remote I'm using.
I have a 49UB820T, APAC Country region and firmware 04.02.01

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited by Mirko_K; 02/14/2015 at 08:28 PM.
Mirko_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2015, 03:23 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
anyone?
Hi, I am having the same issue as well.. Able to change the TV into UK and use Unlocator UK Smart DNS, but can't load the netflix or LG Store apps.
Scott Adams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2015, 04:11 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
anyone?
I am getting exactly the same Kevin.. I have tried with three different VPN services and everytime the LG Store is blank and i can't access the content. Did you get this fixed or anyone know how to do it? Im also in APAC (hong kong). Software version: 04.61.39 WebOS RV version 1.3.2-393602 (afar-arches).
Scott Adams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2015, 09:31 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonester56 View Post
Have a webos 4k tv - lg 65ubt950t and live in nz. The restrictions are crap. No Netflix, pandora or even playz apps to speak of.
Registered with unotelly for DNS and then got to Netflix (can't get to it in nz as they block it, hence getn a diff DNS). Set TV DNS to new dns. No doubt will have to update that as it changes.
Got the LG Service Manager $8 on playstore and installed on my note4. Wouldn't do wifi to tv but it worked via ir.. Using white button will shows allot of settings but couldn't navigate to region setting. Used the red wizard button and it showed service mode and wola- location. Set to us (1793) and then exit - don't think it needs a restart as I went straight into set location and wola us avail. Before doing this u could only see South pacific countries. Have left it on us and don't plan to set it diff.
So thanks to all your posts. So appreciate it. It's been a huge undertaking, just to get decent paid iptv without restriction and without the massive expense we get here in nz.
Keep up the good work
Also have the same tell? Bloody ridiculous, LG need a bullet. For customer satisfaction you'd think they would quietly make this easier to do with whats in the box... I know its a regional thing but ultimately 8/10 people have Netflix regardless what region they are in... then bringing to a market and not investing in the most popular smart tv app "TVNZ On Demand" did you have any luck with this? Sign now have to go did out my logitech remote
Jim Chambers1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv