webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Hulu Plus or Netflix on overseas LG webOS TV
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/24/2014, 04:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocox View Post
@Mick is it the logitech Harmony android app? If so I installed but I can't link with my TV (50LB6500)
Please explain that part
I have a logitech One remote so i could connect to the hub. There is an app on the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.lgsm&hl=en

I couldnt get it to work with just wifi as my phone doesnt have IR built in so I used the harmony app to emulate the TV remote that this andriod app has built in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lgtv.jpg (39.5 KB, 63 views) Email Attachment
Mick Armo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2014, 05:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank007301 View Post
It is the same for Africa. There is no country that has these apps. I am very unhappy. Is there no way to install the USA firmware on to another TV via USB? I want to try out Netflix in 4K.
in my LG LB65 tv [bought from dubai & using in Bangladesh now], I cant log in to LG store.

no apps I can download.

in my tv, country list shows only middle east countries & few african countries.
What should I do with this webOS tv if I cant use apps !!!!!

PLS HELP....
ripansays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2014, 05:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

We need a solution that doesn't require buying expensive equipment we don't really need.
MrSatoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2014, 11:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

That's great! Is your TV back on Australian app store or still on the UK one? Would be great if someone with a US tv could run the app as well so we could figure out what code should be used for US. Would be great if we can install hulu and netflix while still being able to access the australian store.

Do you happen to know when/if the admin will post the how to? Did you update your firmware to the latest one before changing location. I have the same tv which firmware do you currently have?

Sent from my iPhone using WebOS Nation
alexxdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 06:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Hi Folks,

Have an LG UB950T (from Australia) and downloaded the above mentioned app by Mick Armo on an LG G2.

It does not successfully recognise the TV in either WiFi or IR mode. I don't have another android mobile with iR unfortunately.

Have emailed the dev. asking for advice.

Obviously webos has the capability just need an easy way to do this.
Phez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 10:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

OK Folks,

Bit more progress, I got into the service menu using this trick:
Enterprise IT: Service,Ej-Adjust,PowerOnly Menü

and the audio files from here:
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/images/8...e-menu-All.zip

I used an old Xbox remote and set of headphones and the service menu opened up.

Put in the code 0413 and selected "Area Option".

Trick is now to pick the right code. For my region the default code is '4812' but after playing with the numbers as per Mick Armo I found the following:

Area Option
Continet Index
Language&Country
HW Settings

A - 4812
C - 76
L - AJ
H - AJ/JA/IL

A - 481
C - 97
L - West-EU
HW - EU

A - 48
C - 48
L - Nordic
HW - EU

A - 500
C - 116
L - West-Eu
HW - EU

A - 600
C - 88
L - ETC-EU
HW - EU

A -700
C - 60
L - AJ
HW - EU

A - 800
C - 32
L - JA
HW - EU

I have noticed that once you change the code and then revert back to original, you will need to retune the TV.

Can anyone provide more details on the codes? Mick?

UPDATE:

I have added an image for the homebrew infrared controller. I used an old original XBox remote with 3.5mm headphones plug, connected to my laptop. I use Mint Linux 17 with the default Banshee audio app. If you are using the Audio file from the above link, make sure you use the file "serv-ok-ok". Also I soldered the wires for convenience, you dont have to so that you can re-use your remote control.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LG_UB950T_Area_Option.jpg (103.8 KB, 119 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg ms_remote_for_LG.jpg (196.0 KB, 109 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by Phez; 01/04/2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01/04/2015, 11:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Set to 1793 for us then reboot change service country to US then install Hulu and Netflix. Change code back to original restart tv and then change service country back to Australia and re-tune TV.

Thanked By: Phez
Old 01/04/2015, 02:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxdavid View Post
Set to 1793 for us then reboot change service country to US then install Hulu and Netflix. Change code back to original restart tv and then change service country back to Australia and re-tune TV.

Thanks Alexxdavid,

Was the AmazonPrime app also available from the US LG Store?

Do you have the UK code so that i can install BBC iPlayer?

Think it would be great to compile a list of codes and any relevant apps that maybe of value.

UPDATE: I believe I found the following codes, haven't confirmed

LG Area Code for WebOS

1793: USA / CANADA / MEXICO
3122: UK Tuner / All European countries for LG Services Location content
4834: VIETNAM

Last edited by Phez; 01/05/2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 01/04/2015, 05:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Armo View Post
I have a logitech One remote so i could connect to the hub. There is an app on the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.lgsm&hl=en

I couldnt get it to work with just wifi as my phone doesnt have IR built in so I used the harmony app to emulate the TV remote that this andriod app has built in
FYI, I have contacted the developer of the App after I had purchased it. I have an LG G2 and it does not work! Ironic that an LG phone doesn't work with an LG TV.

In my situation, the app was of no value at all as the UB950T can only enter the Service Menu via IR and not WiFi.

For anyone in the same situation, which is pretty specific, you will encounter an issue after entering the service mode as you need to enter in the service mode digits which I couldnt do with the remote that came with the TV (no numeric keypad on the remote, only smart remote).

To over come this issue of numeric key entry for the service menu, I used the 'Quick Remote' app built in to the LG G2 and added my TV first. Once configured, I used the homebrew iR remote I made to activate the service menu, then continued using the 'Quick Remote' to enter in the numeric values and navigate the service menu.

It is a bit cumbersome, but it works if you have the LG G2 and nothing else available.

UPDATE: Borrowed friends Samsung S4 and app works perfectly. No need for homebrew IR.

Last edited by Phez; 01/05/2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01/05/2015, 02:34 AM   #30 (permalink)

Thanks so much guys!

I had a logitech remote so this was easy as!

Thats awesome work!
Snicko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2015, 10:24 AM   #31 (permalink)

Hi Snicko,

Which remote model did you use and what steps did you followed to access ez adjust?

Old 01/05/2015, 02:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hi All,
I used a Logitech harmony 650 that i have for my main LG tv and just added the ezi adjust button in the myharmony software - took a minute..
Went to my web os tv in the bedroom, pressed ezi adjust, went to area settings, changed the code to the US one as listed by you to 1793.
Changed the Services Settings to USA then turned tv off, turned back on downloaded Netflix & Hulu.
EZI ADJUST menu, Turned Country code back to 4816 (victoria) and changed services location to Australia.
Rebooted and signed into netflix and hulu - no problems

Didnt even need to retune my tv stations
Old 01/05/2015, 06:27 PM   #33 (permalink)

Great to see people sharing in this forum.

I have there a lot of content and apps we do not have accesses to in the Australian LG Web OS store.

I have also used the UK code 3122 and downloaded BBC iPlayer app and watched 1080p documentaries and BBC Sport app to see all the Premier league soccer/football highlights and some great F1 stories that we dont get in Australia.

Also, if you have an Amazon Prime subscription i can confirm it works when you download the Amazon app as well. Watched movies in 1080 with no issues.

Quite a number of European TV stations have their own app as well. E.g RT, FranceTv if people are interested.

I did have create and log in with an LG Account to dowmload some apps and it would not allow my existing LG account to be used so i created a new email address and that solved the issue.

For our Kiwi friends i found no NZTV app like you have on Apple iOS and Samsung which is a shame as they have some good content.
Old 01/06/2015, 12:03 AM   #34 (permalink)

Happy that you all got it!
Mick Armo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2015, 03:20 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phez View Post
Great to see people sharing in this forum.

I have there a lot of content and apps we do not have accesses to in the Australian LG Web OS store.

I have also used the UK code 3122 and downloaded BBC iPlayer app and watched 1080p documentaries and BBC Sport app to see all the Premier league soccer/football highlights and some great F1 stories that we dont get in Australia.

Also, if you have an Amazon Prime subscription i can confirm it works when you download the Amazon app as well. Watched movies in 1080 with no issues.

Quite a number of European TV stations have their own app as well. E.g RT, FranceTv if people are interested.

I did have create and log in with an LG Account to dowmload some apps and it would not allow my existing LG account to be used so i created a new email address and that solved the issue.

For our Kiwi friends i found no NZTV app like you have on Apple iOS and Samsung which is a shame as they have some good content.
Awesome thanks - what was the app for F1? was it just bbc or sky?

I hadnt thought of getting the UK apps
Old 01/07/2015, 04:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicko1 View Post
Awesome thanks - what was the app for F1? was it just bbc or sky?

I hadnt thought of getting the UK apps
The app was called BBC Sport. Separate from the BBC iPlayer app.
Old 01/08/2015, 09:30 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi All,
I used a Logitech harmony 650 that i have for my main LG tv and just added the ezi adjust button in the myharmony software - took a minute..
Went to my web os tv in the bedroom, pressed ezi adjust, went to area settings, changed the code to the US one as listed by you to 1793.
Changed the Services Settings to USA then turned tv off, turned back on downloaded Netflix & Hulu.
EZI ADJUST menu, Turned Country code back to 4816 (victoria) and changed services location to Australia.

How did you added the ezi adjust button using the myharmony software ?
I've looked in the software but cannot see any where to enter the hex for ezi adjust, or find a pre defined option.

Edit: Turns out my TV model didn't have the option in the myharmony software. Use LG 47LE5300-UC if you dont see the option for your TV.

Last edited by plas; 01/08/2015 at 11:34 PM.
plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2015, 12:47 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi All,

Wow. Very helpful. Thank you. I can now access the ERZadjust menu, and can change the country codes. When I go back into the LG Home menu, Netflix is there, but will not load. Also the LG Store does not populate with Apps, so I cannot download any. Other services like YouTube work just fine. Any idea what I am missing?
Andrew Murdoch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2015, 03:27 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Murdoch1 View Post
Wow. Very helpful. Thank you. I can now access the ERZadjust menu, and can change the country codes. When I go back into the LG Home menu, Netflix is there, but will not load. Also the LG Store does not populate with Apps, so I cannot download any. Other services like YouTube work just fine. Any idea what I am missing?

Make sure you change the service location in the standard settings, mine always defaulted to other after changing the country code and the store would be blank.
plas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2015, 10:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plas View Post
Make sure you change the service location in the standard settings, mine always defaulted to other after changing the country code and the store would be blank.
First - thank you so much for helping.

I have set the Country Services to USA - no difference I am afraid. Same, same Canada and Mexico - the other two options with the 1793 code. I have also tried it for the UK - again, Netflix and BBCiPlayer are in the WebOS menu, but neither will load, the LG Shop will not populate, and I cannot sign in to LG Account (even having having set one up in the USA).

Can I ask which version of WebOS you have? Mine is 03.23.31.

Ta much
Andrew Murdoch1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv