webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Sync with iPhone or?
LG webOS TV: Sync with iPhone or?

Old 06/15/2014, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

I just bought a LG 42LB650V and in the store they told me that it was easy to connect the tv with iPhone and iPad. That was a week ago and I still haven't found a way to do it.

So, does anyone know if there is an easy way of doing this?
mikaelbruer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 04:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

What do you mean by 'connect with' the iPhone or iPad'? There are a couple of LG apps for the TV's... a remote control, and a smartshare app (to share video and pictures with the TV), but the smartshare app isn't going to be fully functional for a 2-3 months yet. Just look for the apps in the Apple store.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2014, 05:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
What do you mean by 'connect with' the iPhone or iPad'? There are a couple of LG apps for the TV's... a remote control, and a smartshare app (to share video and pictures with the TV), but the smartshare app isn't going to be fully functional for a 2-3 months yet. Just look for the apps in the Apple store.
I mean similar to airplay. That I can play content from my iPhone on my LG tv.

I've tried to find things in app store. Maybe it's because I live in Sweden, but can't find anything that seems to solve my problem. The LG store isn't avaliable here yet.
Old 06/15/2014, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

You mean this?
Connect SDK Developers

Connect SDK is here
Connect SDK Supported Features

Supports iOS & Android, but it may be a while before someone actually makes an app.
Old 06/15/2014, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
You mean this?
Connect SDK Developers

Connect SDK is here
Connect SDK Supported Features

Supports iOS & Android, but it may be a while before someone actually makes an app.
I'm not sure. I got the impression that it wouldn't need any addons or so. More like it should just work with the software in the tv as it is.
Old 06/16/2014, 07:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Maybe try something with Upnp support? There should be apps for that.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg webos, lgwebos