webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > USB devices working with LG webOS TVs
USB devices working with LG webOS TVs
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21

Old 06/01/2014, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Perhaps we get a list of known working devices like keyboard, mouse, cams, headphones, card reader, hdd, sticks.

I'll start off with Logitech K400 (wireless Keyboard/Mouse-Touchpad)

<edited by moderator>
Update: why it is forbidden to post a link to another forum? "competing site" is a bit too much praise for the linked site ( 1,203 Total Posts 336 Total Members ) - and on top webOS userbase is not androids, so no real is losses by reading other webOS forums.
</update>

Anyone other devices up and running?

Last edited by gizmo21; 07/11/2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: removed link to competing site
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 06/01/2014, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Glad to hear there IS already a keyboard and mouse that work with them!

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2014, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I know (some) Microsoft USB keyboards work (wireless and non). I was kind of surprised at an earlier post that seemed to imply that some keyboards might not work, actually, but I can't remember where I read that.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2014, 01:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I know (some) Microsoft USB keyboards work (wireless and non). I was kind of surprised at an earlier post that seemed to imply that some keyboards might not work, actually, but I can't remember where I read that.
Think it was in the "Got one" thread, but it was mainly about BT devices.

The Logitech has the usual so called "unifying" RF USB reciever, so no bt:
Tastatur Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - Logitech
Old 06/02/2014, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ah, right, someone high up confirmed that Bluetooth HID profiles aren't supported. I'd expect practically any USB HID device would probably work to some degree, though.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/02/2014, 02:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Think it was in the "Got one" thread, but it was mainly about BT devices.

The Logitech has the usual so called "unifying" RF USB reciever, so no bt:
Tastatur Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - Logitech
I have an LG 42LB630V.
I have a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse which use one USB receiver from logitech.
They don't work when I plug the receiver in on the USB on the TV.
Joery Lemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2014, 05:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

What model is that Logitech setup? I wonder if it does weird things.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 06/24/2014, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just so you know, I had a Logitech mouse and keyboard which work with a small usb receiver. That did not work on the tv. I recently bought a new Logitech mouse and this one does work on the tv. Since my tv came without magic remote, it was very nice to finally be able to reorganize the apps so i dind't have to scroll to the far right end of the list everytime i want to open the smartshare app.
Joery Lemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2014, 09:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
Just so you know, I had a Logitech mouse and keyboard which work with a small usb receiver. That did not work on the tv. I recently bought a new Logitech mouse and this one does work on the tv. Since my tv came without magic remote, it was very nice to finally be able to reorganize the apps so i dind't have to scroll to the far right end of the list everytime i want to open the smartshare app.
That's good news - thanks for sharing! Looks like in the US you can grab one from Office Depot for $29

<<posts merged>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2014, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
If you press the up-arrow on the remote while a launcher item is selected in the apps launcher (not the home screen) then it should allow you to move it around.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 08/31/2014, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have tried several USB keyboards with my LG TV. They all work OK with apps which display a full virtual keyboard, but they don't work with the Youtube app, which displays its own special one line virtual keyboard. Has anyone found a way to make the Youtube app work with a keyboard?
coppice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2014, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I may be mistaken, but I believe that the Youtube app actually specifically ignores keyboard input. Might be worth annoying Youtube support about.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 11/28/2015, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

I ended up using YouTube via browser. It kinda works with a Logitech K400.

So far the only thing missing is the OSD remote. It can be called by the Magic Remote only. Anyone knows another way to take a screenshot without accessing that on screen remote?

Sent from my Lumia 720 via Tapatalk
Macco26 is offline   Reply With Quote