webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > update firmware via usb on webOS?
update firmware via usb on webOS?

Old 05/24/2014, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

got myself 2 new LG smart WebOS TV's one 4K and one just a smart 3D

on the 4K one the LG store is completely available, as it has a higher software version

the regular one just says "COMING SOON" (not so smart tv)

anyhow, i called LG as when i tried to update the firmware on the non 4k one (03.00.68) it tells me there is no update found (they told me there is an available update but there is an issue with their system stopping updates)

yet when i go to LG's homepage (http://www.lg.com/za...uct/lg-42LB650V) there clearly is one which would take me to 03.00.85 ....

SOOOOO, i have downloaded the files, and put them on a USB drive, plugged them into the TV, but cant find how to manually install???

any help would be appreciated!
komat0se#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2014, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by komat0se#AC View Post

on the 4K one the LG store is completely available, as it has a higher software version

anyhow, i called LG as when i tried to update the firmware on the non 4k one (03.00.68) it tells me there is no update found (they told me there is an available update but there is an issue with their system stopping updates)

yet when i go to LG's homepage (http://www.lg.com/za...uct/lg-42LB650V) there clearly is one which would take me to 03.00.85 ....

SOOOOO, i have downloaded the files, and put them on a USB drive, plugged them into the TV, but cant find how to manually install???

If you have a smart phone or tablet there's a trick you can do.

Download the WebOS app and connect it to your TV. (It's a pretty good app and you should have it anyway!)

Tap the three bars in the upper left to bring up the menu and choose Setting.

Under TV software version click download and then install.
Donutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2014, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
If you have a smart phone or tablet there's a trick you can do.

Download the WebOS app and connect it to your TV. (It's a pretty good app and you should have it anyway!)

Tap the three bars in the upper left to bring up the menu and choose Setting.

Under TV software version click download and then install.
AH, i see what you mean on the APP, i had downloaded it but hadn't tried to use it at all, now there's a secondary issue i face here, neither of my LG TV's show for the app to pair with, their exact models are not listed on the compatibility, but i assume the fact that the TV is lacking an update could have something to do with it not showing. the TV im trying with is 42LB650V, there is a listing on the compatibility of the app for an LB6500....
Old 05/26/2014, 09:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
AH, i see what you mean on the APP, i had downloaded it but hadn't tried to use it at all, now there's a secondary issue i face here, neither of my LG TV's show for the app to pair with, their exact models are not listed on the compatibility, but i assume the fact that the TV is lacking an update could have something to do with it not showing. the TV im trying with is 42LB650V, there is a listing on the compatibility of the app for an LB6500....
You can try Wi-Fi direct, should be under network settings on the tv and in your smart phone or tablet should be under Wi-Fi settings
Donutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/2014, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
You can try Wi-Fi direct, should be under network settings on the tv and in your smart phone or tablet should be under Wi-Fi settings
no luck....LG have no idea either...the app works now by the way but does the exact same thing
Old 06/02/2014, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

for initial problem to update fw try this:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-settings.html
Old 06/29/2014, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Do you bought one of those televisions for me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrmarquis9 is offline   Reply With Quote