Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Slightly irksome that this wasn't posted on this site... but... LG announces Connect SDK to get apps on multiple smart TVs at once | Smartwatch Fans

LG’s Connect SDK was announced today, promising to offer developers an easy way to create big-screen apps for Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, webOS, and (obviously) LG TV systems. The software development kit allows Android and iOS apps to be extended to the television, and the folks at Plex are already involved with it.

It’ll be awhile before this ecosystem matures and produces a strong family of TV-friendly apps, but it’s easy to see that happening sooner than later. There are way too many disparate TV ecosystems right now, and some kind of environment for simplifying development is likely very attractive to developers in the space.

If you happen to be one of those devs, you can start getting involved with Connect SDK over here. Which apps would you like to see supported on your set-top box?

Source: PRPRPR $Newswire$ / smartwatchfans.com
    Yeah.. Funny webOS gets mentioned on another MN site, but not the webOS site... o_O
    It wouldn't kill them to publish an article here once in a while, or allow some volunteers to post front page articles...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    eKeith likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah.. Funny webOS gets mentioned on another MN site, but not the webOS site... o_O
    It wouldn't kill them to publish an article here once in a while, or allow some volunteers to post front page articles...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Trying to do a little project to address that.

UPDATE: project kinda fell through, *sigh*
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/01/2014 at 10:16 PM.
    eKeith and Rnp like this.
    Someone linked to this: Chromecast: Understanding its Potential beyond Video Streaming | The EWD Files

Interesting possibilities for the chromecast. Obviously, after your $125 for that and a leap motion, you still need a TV. I wonder if the connect SDK would directly allow this kind of interaction with the TV. I know LG are in the exhibition / P.O.S. display market, so would probably want to offer this kind of capability.