Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 266
Like Tree183Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Dave, I've balked at buying one of these now because the reviews are scaring me. webOS is amazing and I will eventually own one but among the biggest concerns are wifi connectivity issues (that sounds familiar), hazy screens, and "dirty" backlight effects on light colored or fast moving screens. Have you experienced any of that on yours? See the video for someone's initial review that showcases some of the shadowing of the backlight.

    First I've heard of the issue. I've had no issues with wifi connectivity and the display is gorgeous.

    The 'darkness' to the screen that the reviewer is complaining about (other than the grid pattern) is an active dimming system. I didn't like it either, but found the setting to turn it off and it made a world of difference for my tastes.

    I sold theater systems for many years and would have to say that the TV this guy is defective out of the box. It can happen on these devices if they were shipped in high humidity (can happen on cargo liners). I'd take it back instantly if I were him.

    As far as the motion and color issues - there are a ton of settings in the menu for video that allows you to really customize - including for compensating for motion. I didn't have to really change any of those, but I did tweak a few minor items. Once I sit down and run a video tuning DVD and really set the color temps I'm sure I'll have more info. But right out of the box, I'd have to say this guy simply was unfortunate in getting one that had screen issues and should exchange it. The larger webOS TV's that I saw on display didn't have any issues with the screens either. So I hope this isn't a production issue.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/15/2014 at 08:48 PM.
  2. #162  
    There was a 55 inch OLED version at my Local JB Hi Fi and I was pleasantly surprised. While it was dwarfed by larger 4k televisions, the image quality looked excellent and it only cost 6 thousand AUD. I was expecting more than twice that for an OLED television, but I still didn't buy one. My ten year old JVC plasma is still going okay.
  3.    #163  
    New quick ad that LG posted. They actually posted a whole series of these videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/lghella...f_id=3&sort=dd

    [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRU36_4qfGw[/YT]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2014 at 08:07 AM.
  4. #164  
    Quite elaborate review of the LG LB670V TV with measurements and other stuff...but in Dutch: LG 42LB670V: trage start voor webOS - Inleiding - Review - Reviews - Tweakers

    Hopefully your favourite translation-site doesn't result in gibrish. :-)
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Quite elaborate review of the LG LB670V TV with measurements and other stuff...but in Dutch: LG 42LB670V: trage start voor webOS - Inleiding - Review - Reviews - Tweakers

    Hopefully your favourite translation-site doesn't result in gibrish. :-)
    They're positive in general, but due to the fact they tested a model of the TV with a single core processor it's "laggy" at times. Something I haven't seen in other reviews that tested models with a quad-core processor
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Dave, I've balked at buying one of these now because the reviews are scaring me. webOS is amazing and I will eventually own one but among the biggest concerns are wifi connectivity issues (that sounds familiar), hazy screens, and "dirty" backlight effects on light colored or fast moving screens. Have you experienced any of that on yours? See the video for someone's initial review that showcases some of the shadowing of the backlight.

    I checked out one instore. I was very impressed with the webOS interface. And there was no sign of the blotchy picture show in the video. If I had not just bought a 60" Samsung, I would be in line for one.
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Have you hooked up the bluetooth keyboard yet? Would make posting from the tv a lot easier.
    We do not support the profile yet. Currently we only support Bluetooth audio profile for headphone. Will we support it later? It all depends upon the voices from the field.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by David Min1 View Post
    We do not support the profile yet. Currently we only support Bluetooth audio profile for headphone. Will we support it later? It all depends upon the voices from the field.
    For me...On a scale of 1 to 10, keyboard support would be about a 3 for me. But supporting bluetooth headphones would be about a 9 on that scale! I know the TV's show support for hooking up external speakers via bluetooth, but I REALLY hope LG adds the support for other Bluetooth headphones (ie: Plantronics, Klipsch, etc...) THAT would be huge item for me since the TV's don't have a headphone jack.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/20/2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by David Min1 View Post
    We do not support the profile yet. Currently we only support Bluetooth audio profile for headphone. Will we support it later? It all depends upon the voices from the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
    ...

    I do find it a pitty that, reading this form, it doesn't seem to support wireless keyboards ?
    I have a wireless keyboard and mous from logitech, they both use the same micro usb receiver and i was hoping to plug it into the tv to use the keyboard and mouse.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Have you hooked up the bluetooth keyboard yet? Would make posting from the tv a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    How odd... On a smart TV with a web browser, supporting BT keyboard seems like a natural fit. Would sure make using it for anything besides browsing a whole lot easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Well the TV is linux at its core. Perhaps a USB BT dongle can be plugged in? Of course, it would have to have a location in settings to allow connections...perhaps a future update or app in the store could make that hack a reality.
    well here seems to be some interrest in keyboard support, wouldn't it be nice to use the webOS TP BT keyboard and be able to use our "cards"-key to open the card menu and slide through the menu with arrrow keys.. <<< btw. possible equipment sales with own bt LG webOS keyboards
  10.    #170  
    LOL... OK you win But I'm really hoping for BT headphone support too
  11. #171  
    hey was just collecting what was there and btw. David already mentioned support of bt audio for headphone.

    btw welcome to our board David Min (vice president of LG Electronics Inc.'s software center)
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    btw welcome to our board David Min (vice president of LG Electronics Inc.'s software center)
    Wow! This is certainly the place where the top webOS people are!

    Welcome Mr Min!
    Rnp likes this.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    hey was just collecting what was there and btw. David already mentioned support of bt audio for headphone.

    btw welcome to our board David Min (vice president of LG Electronics Inc.'s software center)
    Wonder what headphones then. I tried to pair mine and they never showed on device discovery. I have tried both a set of Plantronics BackBeat 906's and a set of Klipsch Image One BT headphones. Neither would come up on discovery.

    And yes.... a HUGE welcome to David Min!! Thanks for joining us!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/19/2014 at 11:18 PM.
  14. #174  
    I am happy to say I just got my LG smartv with webOs yesterday.

    I have a 42" model. I really like the looks of it. I was sad to see that it did not ship with the magic remote but instead with a regular remote. But since it was a good offer (here in Belgium from iBood), I dind't really expect the magic remote to be there.

    Setup was a breeze, no problems at all with scanning the cable and connecting to the wifi. I was happy to see that when i opened smartshare, i saw a lot of pictures from my pc (i run serviio on there which shares content via dlna). So that also works nice although slow, but let's say that might be due to the wifi connection ?

    I see there is a big button in the menu 'lg store' but it does nothing other than saying 'coming soon'.

    But I had a real problem to play a slideshow on the tv from a USB flash drive.
    We just got our wedding pictures so I decided to put them on USB to show on the tv. When plugging in the usb, the tv recognised it and the options were to switch to usb or to ignore. We chose to ignore then because we were finishing off watching a program.

    A minute later, the program was done and i wanted to watch the contents of the usb stick. Like on Samsung smart tvs i'm used to and on a normal lg tv that i've used, i went to 'source'. Unfortunately, you cannot reach USB from there. Weird !

    So I opened up the smartshare app. There I discovered you can select which input you would like (network, usb, ...) i made sure to checkout everything but the USB. I did saw the pictures of the usb but I was not able to browse folders from there. Since I had another folder with lots af pictures I had to scroll trhough them. Annoying.

    But it got real annoying when suddenly, without input from me, it showed 'hdmi 1' and switched to the tv. I did everyhing again, this time got to the good pictures and started the slideshow. It worked... For a minute, then the exact same thing happened: it switched to the tv without me doing anything. This a few times and i got frustrated so I let it be.

    This morning I tried again, and noticed that the 'Device connector' is actually what i needed. From there i can select USB. I can browse folders inside the USB. But... same problem, switched to tv after a while. Thinking I have a bad USB drive, (was possible, sometimes it had strange issue where you could not delete some pictures on it, whereas you can delete other pictures). So I tried anothe USB drive. But that one only had 20MB free. So i put 19MB of pictures on it and tested on the tv.

    When browsing the content, the tv showed the miniatures of pictures on it. But I could not start slideshow: when I did that, the screen stays black. Now i think that is because when viewing a slideshow, LG creates a new folder on your drive (named LG... something). I think it put files in there for some reason for the slideshow, and because I had only 1MB free, that didn't work and the slideshow stayed black. Weird. I don't know why lg needs to create a folder, i don't know why it doesn't say clearly 'hey dude, i need more free space on this drive to create a slideshow' and is for now, i am still unsuccessful in playing a slideshow on the tv without it being shut off and switched to tv suddenly for no apparent reason.

    Anyone else has this ?
    I will try tonight if I can find another usb flash drive withenough space on it and will try again with that and hopefulle it solves the issues.

    For now my feeling is: nice tv but it still needs work.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
    I am happy to say I just got my LG smartv with webOs yesterday.

    I have a 42" model. I really like the looks of it. I was sad to see that it did not ship with the magic remote but instead with a regular remote. But since it was a good offer (here in Belgium from iBood), I dind't really expect the magic remote to be there.

    Setup was a breeze, no problems at all with scanning the cable and connecting to the wifi. I was happy to see that when i opened smartshare, i saw a lot of pictures from my pc (i run serviio on there which shares content via dlna). So that also works nice although slow, but let's say that might be due to the wifi connection ?

    I see there is a big button in the menu 'lg store' but it does nothing other than saying 'coming soon'.

    But I had a real problem to play a slideshow on the tv from a USB flash drive.
    We just got our wedding pictures so I decided to put them on USB to show on the tv. When plugging in the usb, the tv recognised it and the options were to switch to usb or to ignore. We chose to ignore then because we were finishing off watching a program.

    A minute later, the program was done and i wanted to watch the contents of the usb stick. Like on Samsung smart tvs i'm used to and on a normal lg tv that i've used, i went to 'source'. Unfortunately, you cannot reach USB from there. Weird !

    So I opened up the smartshare app. There I discovered you can select which input you would like (network, usb, ...) i made sure to checkout everything but the USB. I did saw the pictures of the usb but I was not able to browse folders from there. Since I had another folder with lots af pictures I had to scroll trhough them. Annoying.

    But it got real annoying when suddenly, without input from me, it showed 'hdmi 1' and switched to the tv. I did everyhing again, this time got to the good pictures and started the slideshow. It worked... For a minute, then the exact same thing happened: it switched to the tv without me doing anything. This a few times and i got frustrated so I let it be.

    This morning I tried again, and noticed that the 'Device connector' is actually what i needed. From there i can select USB. I can browse folders inside the USB. But... same problem, switched to tv after a while. Thinking I have a bad USB drive, (was possible, sometimes it had strange issue where you could not delete some pictures on it, whereas you can delete other pictures). So I tried anothe USB drive. But that one only had 20MB free. So i put 19MB of pictures on it and tested on the tv.

    When browsing the content, the tv showed the miniatures of pictures on it. But I could not start slideshow: when I did that, the screen stays black. Now i think that is because when viewing a slideshow, LG creates a new folder on your drive (named LG... something). I think it put files in there for some reason for the slideshow, and because I had only 1MB free, that didn't work and the slideshow stayed black. Weird. I don't know why lg needs to create a folder, i don't know why it doesn't say clearly 'hey dude, i need more free space on this drive to create a slideshow' and is for now, i am still unsuccessful in playing a slideshow on the tv without it being shut off and switched to tv suddenly for no apparent reason.

    Anyone else has this ?
    I will try tonight if I can find another usb flash drive withenough space on it and will try again with that and hopefulle it solves the issues.

    For now my feeling is: nice tv but it still needs work.
    Ouch... I wanted to buy one, but now I'm not that sure...
    Did you check that no firmware is currently available for you to install?
  16.    #176  
    @tolask - I'll throw some pictures on a USB stick and try it on my TV. I'm really very surprised that your TV didn't come with the Magic Remote! I've got the 42" also and it came with mine (USA). I'd check into that and make sure it wasn't a mistake!
  17. #177  
    Yeah that's a nasty bug they need to fix. I don't often view pics on my TV, but that would be very annoying. One common theme I have seen viewing pics from an SD card or USB stick using a TV or Bluray player, is that they tend to have awful interfaces and are pretty slow and frustrating. webOS needs to break that mold!
  18. #178  
    Joery,

    I can't speak to the problems that you came across, but I'm not sure if you noticed that there is a "Folder" view available in SmartShare as well, or if you were saying that the Folder view did not show your USB device, only the Device view did?

    David Min,

    Hi!! Welcome to the biggest webOS community on the planet :-)

    HelloNNNewman,

    Some countries receive Magic remotes, some countries receive regular remotes. Hopefully everyone gets a good experience regardless of which remote :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
    I am happy to say I just got my LG smartv with webOs yesterday.

    I have a 42" model. I really like the looks of it. I was sad to see that it did not ship with the magic remote but instead with a regular remote. But since it was a good offer (here in Belgium from iBood), I dind't really expect the magic remote to be there.

    Setup was a breeze, no problems at all with scanning the cable and connecting to the wifi. I was happy to see that when i opened smartshare, i saw a lot of pictures from my pc (i run serviio on there which shares content via dlna). So that also works nice although slow, but let's say that might be due to the wifi connection ?

    I see there is a big button in the menu 'lg store' but it does nothing other than saying 'coming soon'..
    Are you sure it's a WebOS model? It was my understanding that all WebOS models come with the Magic Remote, you might have the newer "regular" smartTV platform. Is this the TV you got? 42LB5800

    If it is indeed a WebOS model and it still says coming soon on the LG Store sounds like you need to do an update, just go to about TV and click software update, it might just fix the issues with the USB as well, not sure about that though, but you need the update anyway!
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
    Are you sure it's a WebOS model? It was my understanding that all WebOS models come with the Magic Remote, you might have the newer "regular" smartTV platform. Is this the TV you got? 42LB5800

    If it is indeed a WebOS model and it still says coming soon on the LG Store sounds like you need to do an update, just go to about TV and click software update, it might just fix the issues with the USB as well, not sure about that though, but you need the update anyway!
    Hi Donutt007... see the post up above (#176) from eblade:

    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    ..... Some countries receive Magic remotes, some countries receive regular remotes. Hopefully everyone gets a good experience regardless of which remote :-)
    And different countries have different update and update schedules. He is not in the US, so there may not be an update available yet for him.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11/11/2011, 01:38 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/27/2011, 03:59 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03/06/2011, 06:45 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/21/2010, 05:51 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06/15/2009, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions