webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Got one!!
LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Like Tree183Likes

Old 05/01/2014, 09:50 PM   #121 (permalink)

I work at BestBuy and I saw a few of the webOS TV's we have in the back today. So great to see the webOS logo at BestBuy again!
Liked by Grabber5.0, HelloNNNewman and eblade like this.
Thanked by eblade, eKeith, HelloNNNewman
Old 05/02/2014, 02:05 AM   #122 (permalink)

I also look forward to buy one as well !
Does somebody already have tried to use the CI+ interface to directly have their cable or sat channels in the Live TV without using the decoder?
tolask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2014, 05:38 AM   #123 (permalink)

For the people in Europe, mainly Benelux. There's a nice webOS TV deal at iBood: Dagaanbieding ? iBOOD.com
spud101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 05/02/2014, 06:29 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
For the people in Europe, mainly Benelux. There's a nice webOS TV deal at iBood: Dagaanbieding ? iBOOD.com
Saw it too, bought one! Can't wait to receive it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/03/2014 at 01:33 AM.
g.vos is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 05/02/2014, 09:35 PM   #125 (permalink)

WOOHOO, went and checked for a manual update, just for kicks and turns out there was one!

The LG Store is now live!

Some minor changes to the interface as well!

Go to General Settings, about TV and check for updates!

More exclamation points!!!!
Donutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, Grabber5.0, HelloNNNewman and 2 others like this.
Old 05/03/2014, 01:36 AM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
WOOHOO, went and checked for a manual update, just for kicks and turns out there was one!

The LG Store is now live!

Some minor changes to the interface as well!

Go to General Settings, about TV and check for updates!

More exclamation points!!!!
DAYUM... figures that one his while I'm out of town! Did you get the Today card with the update?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/2014, 04:22 AM   #127 (permalink)

Some of Russian retailers started to sell LG's webOS TVs before official announce.
It seems that model number is different than in US.

LG 55LB870V

55" for ~$2380. Hmm...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ????? ??????-3.jpg (120.6 KB, 220 views) Email Attachment
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2014, 04:00 AM   #128 (permalink)

Yup, I did order this via the iBood deal of the day (I'm from belgium).
Which means I was able to buy the 42" LG tv with webOS for € 450 (= around 627 American dollars).
Expected delivery date is May 14th. I'm very curious and excited !

I just read this whole forum to find out more about the webOS that is driving the tv. For now it looks like a good choice. Although my personal opinion is that app developers will stick to Samung and Apple tv for a while, so i don't expect any good apps to come out for this tv. Nevertheless, everything that is important for me is already there:
- Wifi build in
- Android app to controll tv
- Android app to beam stuff from my smartphone to the tv
- supports DLNA

I do find it a pitty that, reading this form, it doesn't seem to support wireless keyboards ?
I have a wireless keyboard and mous from logitech, they both use the same micro usb receiver and i was hoping to plug it into the tv to use the keyboard and mouse.

But for what i gather here, the magic remote works great so it is not really that big of an issue.

Last edited by Joery Lemmens; 05/06/2014 at 12:10 PM.
Joery Lemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2014, 07:45 AM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
Yup, I did order this (I'm from belgium). Expected delivery date is May 14th. I'm very curious and excited !

I just read this whole forum to find out more about the webOS that is driving the tv. For now it looks like a good choice. Although my personal opinion is that app developers will stick to Samung and Apple tv for a while, so i don't expect any good apps to come out for this tv. Nevertheless, everything that is important for me is already there:
- Wifi build in
- supports DLNA

I do find it a pitty that, reading this form, it doesn't seem to support wireless keyboards ?
I have a wireless keyboard and mous from logitech, they both use the same micro usb receiver and i was hoping to plug it into the tv to use the keyboard and mouse.

But for what i gather here, the magic remote works great so it is not really that big of an issue.
Hi, I'm from Belgium too... do you plan to use the PCMCIA interface to plug a VOO/BelgacomTV card ?
tolask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2014, 09:09 AM   #130 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
Yup, I did order this (I'm from belgium). Expected delivery date is May 14th. I'm very curious and excited !

- Wifi build in
- supports DLNA

I suspect that a USB keyboard/mouse would work.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2014, 10:56 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I suspect that a USB keyboard/mouse would work.
I haven't tried the usb keyboard yet.. but i will in the next day or so and report back!
Brennan Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Joery Lemmens
Old 05/04/2014, 02:01 PM   #132 (permalink)

Hello Just got my new LG WebOS TV 50LB6500 down here in Mexico for around 865 dlls. Not the best price as everything is much more expensive here than in EEUU.

My TV shows.

software version: 03.00.48
webos version: 1.0.1-7611

What i would like to ask is if it is possible to install an app, which was not included in my TV, in this case Amazon. Mine includes Netflix, Vudu and some local service i really dont care, but the one I want, Amazon, is not there.

I run everything under a VPN so i can use my prime account and enoy the free instant videos on it over my kindle but it will be great if i could use my tv for it. The LG store is still not available and i dont even know if i will be able to install amazon once it is available, due region restrictions. So do you think there will be a way to install it or definitely not?

thanks.
eoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2014, 08:00 AM   #133 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

eoga,

maybe try Settings -> General -> About -> Check for Updates, and see if that picks up the store? Store may (or may not) have the Amazon app
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2014, 12:05 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolask View Post
Hi, I'm from Belgium too... do you plan to use the PCMCIA interface to plug a VOO/BelgacomTV card ?
Hi,

I immediatly looked up if it would be a good idea to use PCMCIA on this TV.

I currently have a Telenet subscription (telephone, tv, internet) with digibox. Using PCMCIA instead of the digicorder would be cheaper, and cleaner (no more digibox needed in the tv stand).

But:

- EPG (the Electronic program Guide) would only show 2 days ahead instead of the 14days now, and would show less information. So if you hear there is a good show coming on within a week or within 3 days you would not be able to program it to record.

- recording a show would be more difficult and would require, if i'm not wrong, to hook up an external drive to the TV. (could be that the LG has build in storage for this, i do not know this at this point)

- If recording does work, then you could no longer have 2 shows recording and watch tv at the same time I think, as the Telenet digicorder has 3 built in tuners but the tv does not I think. (again I could be wrong about this, I'm not sure)

- You could no longer use the Telenet Yelo TV app to record show via smartphone or to view recorded shows on your smartphone

- The LG tv is not listed on the Telenet site as TV that supports its CI+ module. Though it is possible that it will work, that would be just a guess I'm not willing to take.

So there are too many downsides for me to use the Telenet CI+module instead of the Telenet Digicorder
After 8.3 months of use, Telenet via CI+ is cheaper than using a digicorder, but that still does not make it worth it for me.
Joery Lemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2014, 02:32 PM   #135 (permalink)

Which apps are available in LG Store in US?
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2014, 02:43 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
Which apps are available in LG Store in US?
There are a couple of games that have been added. But the items I installed were the Crackle and Weather apps. There are 3 different weather apps, but one of them (weather4u - or something like that) never loaded. It installed, but would just sit on the 'please wait' screen so I uninstalled it.

It's a small offering out of the gate with those and the standard fair like Pandora and Picasa, but I did read about some of the larger name apps that should be coming. There are some company specific apps for cable companies (ie: wow and Rogers) and some entertainment apps for getting your entertainment 'news' (many names I've never heard of). I can take a couple of pictures of the app catalog when I get home.

Liked by Pilotovef likes this.
Thanked By: Pilotovef
Old 05/06/2014, 02:53 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
eoga,

maybe try Settings -> General -> About -> Check for Updates, and see if that picks up the store? Store may (or may not) have the Amazon app
I tried but there are no updated and no store available still for Mexico. I will try to connect the TV through my VPN to see if i can get the US store, which I am reading is ready available already hoping that i will be available to download Amazon Apps.

Does anyone knows where can we check the space available to install new apps and if the way to uninstall them is just to delete them from the main home menu?

thanks.
Old 05/06/2014, 03:25 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga View Post
I tried but there are no updated and no store available still for Mexico. I will try to connect the TV through my VPN to see if i can get the US store, which I am reading is ready available already hoping that i will be available to download Amazon Apps.

Does anyone knows where can we check the space available to install new apps and if the way to uninstall them is just to delete them from the main home menu?

thanks.
You could also always try and reset the TV and choose the US as the region location and see if that opens up your device for the US update. Dunno.

I've wondered about how to find out how much space is available on the TV for apps too. I haven't found any information on this so far, but there MUST be some hidden function yet to be leaked.

Old 05/06/2014, 03:32 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
You could also always try and reset the TV and choose the US as the region location and see if that opens up your device for the US update. Dunno.
I tried this but the TV doesnt give me the option to change the country. The option is in grey and no way to select it. I read somewhere that it automatically detected where your connection was located and selected this by itself with no option to change it. This is why I want to try connecting the TV through my laptop using a VPN.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 05/06/2014, 03:35 PM   #140 (permalink)

Ugh.. that would make sense (was worth a shot checking).

Tags
42lb6300, lg webos, webos tv