webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Got one!!
LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Like Tree183Likes

Old 04/24/2014, 06:00 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Anyone know if it is available on a 32"? I don't have room for anything bigger in the bedroom.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I have found the following 32" LG TV with webOS in Austria for about €500,- (*):
LG Electronics 32LB650V - CINEMA 3D Smart TV mit webOS

I have also found it on Amazon UK, but not Amazon US.

(*) see LG Electronics 32LB650V Preisvergleich | Geizhals Österreich
Old 04/24/2014, 09:12 AM   #82 (permalink)

One thing that really makes this TV feel like webOS of old.... I find that I keep checking for software updates every day hoping for some new present!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ka1 and Grabber5.0 like this.
Old 04/24/2014, 10:25 AM   #83 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

So what is the current version number?
LG webOS 1.0?
webOS 4.0?
Old 04/24/2014, 10:45 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
I have found the following 32" LG TV with webOS in Austria for about €500,- (*):
LG Electronics 32LB650V - CINEMA 3D Smart TV mit webOS

I have also found it on Amazon UK, but not Amazon US.

(*) see LG Electronics 32LB650V Preisvergleich | Geizhals Österreich
Ugh! That is what I want, why aren't they selling it in the US?!

Edit: Yikes! That's $900 for a 32" TV.. no thanks! That is higher than the 42" Dave bought. If they release it here, it's going to have to be $400 or less before I consider it. Edit2: I guess it's more in the UK? The other site listed them at 499 Euros, which is about $700 US.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-32LB650V-...words=32LB650V

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/24/2014 at 10:51 AM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 04/24/2014, 10:47 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
LG webOS 1.0?
webOS 4.0?
Hahaha.. I always get asked these questions when I'm no where near the TV. Good question though, I'll check when I get home from work. I wonder what they do call the version. Once come updates start coming through I'm sure those version numbers will be posted just like the were when we got updates on our phones.

Old 04/24/2014, 10:53 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:

Edit: Yikes! That's $900 for a 32" TV.. no thanks! That is as much as the 42" Dave bought. If they release it here, it's going to have to be $400 or less before I consider it.

No doubt! I'd get one of those for my bedroom (and I don't even watch TV in there). The size is perfect and it is a webOS device, but YES that price is waaaaay to high for that size of screen. Who do they think they are? HP?? LOL

Old 04/24/2014, 10:54 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
No doubt! I'd get one of those for my bedroom (and I don't even watch TV in there). The size is perfect and it is a webOS device.

Here's an UK (English) site with the 32" info: Buy LG 32LB650V Smart 3D 32" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys
Yeah I'm looking to replace the TV in my bedroom, and a 32" with a narrow frame like that would be about the same size as my current TV, but I'm planning on spending less than $400.

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and HelloNNNewman like this.
Old 04/24/2014, 01:29 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Edit: Yikes! That's $900 for a 32" TV.. no thanks! That is higher than the 42" Dave bought. If they release it here, it's going to have to be $400 or less before I consider it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Europe always being MUCH more expensive than the US. The prices are just not comparible...
Misj' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2014, 02:25 PM   #89 (permalink)
Rnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Europe always being MUCH more expensive than the US. The prices are just not comparible...
Children, please... you don't know a country called "Brazil"...

Best Regards...
Old 04/24/2014, 04:08 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
Children, please... you don't know a country called "Brazil"...
True...but I sat trough the movie once...that should count for something
Misj' is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, HelloNNNewman and MudShark22 like this.
Old 04/24/2014, 09:54 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, to shamelessly bump my own post,

webos20090606 ?

UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBAStart ?
If there is a way, I haven't found it. I've tried these codes in numerous areas (any that allowed text input with the VK and nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
stupid question. On the enyo site (Supported Platforms | Enyo JS) I noticed that it's refered to as LG webOS 4 (I think that's the first time I saw a version number for the smartTV)...I assume there's an equivalent to the Device Info app on the touchpad. Just out of curiosity, could you confirm this version-numbering?
Quote:
LG webOS 1.0?
webOS 4.0?
Here are the current version numbers:
  • Software Version: 03.00.43
And more importantly....
  • webOS Version: 1.0.0-7606

Quote:
Have you hooked up the bluetooth keyboard yet? Would make posting from the tv a lot easier.
I looked further into this and found my earlier answer was slightly incorrect. While there is no keyboard option yet, I did find out that the TV does in fact come with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth radio is used as one of the options for hooking up wireless speakers (along with HDMI and Optical outputs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
You might be able to operate that Roku using the LG remote, if you go through the Device Connector setup on it. Maybe, I'm not too sure what all is supported through there.

IR remotes with an LG setting, or updateable/reprogrammable remotes should probably work for it. One of the big things about Enyo 2.3/Spotlight is the ability to work well with arrow-key navigation. :-)
If you know of (or can find) a way to do that, I'd love it! I've dug through all settings and am really surprised to find that Roku is not listed anywhere for add-on devices. That (and it's remote) are sorely missing and need to be added soon. <crossing fingers>

The system shows that the included 'Magic Remote' will run tons of outside devices - from DirecTV to Comcast and a myriad of other set-top boxes. They still have to add streaming players as an option.

Liked by Preemptive likes this.
Thanked by Misj', Preemptive
Old 04/24/2014, 10:41 PM   #92 (permalink)

Hey all, totally newbie to the site and to WebOS, but I've always loved LG TV's and when trying to dig up more info on WebOS I stumbled on this forum.

I'm definitely more of a TV guy than a mobile guy, so I'm hoping to learn a little from the WebOS side as well as maybe give some tips/feedback on the TV side.

So tomorrow I think I'm going to pull the trigger and pick up the 60LB7100
Donutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and HelloNNNewman like this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 04/25/2014, 04:31 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:

Edit: Yikes! That's $900 for a 32" TV.. no thanks! That is higher than the 42" Dave bought. If they release it here, it's going to have to be $400 or less before I consider it. Edit2: I guess it's more in the UK? The other site listed them at 499 Euros, which is about $700 US.

You can have a look at the english version of Geizhals (anyway Europe only):
LG Electronics 32LB650V | Skinflint Price Comparison EU

The cheapest version I have seen is for £ 380.56 @morele.net in Poland
(which is far above your limit, too)
Old 04/25/2014, 05:56 AM   #94 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
Hey all, totally newbie to the site and to WebOS, but I've always loved LG TV's and when trying to dig up more info on WebOS I stumbled on this forum.

I'm definitely more of a TV guy than a mobile guy, so I'm hoping to learn a little from the WebOS side as well as maybe give some tips/feedback on the TV side.

So tomorrow I think I'm going to pull the trigger and pick up the 60LB7100
Welcome to the number one (and one of the last standing) webOS-forums. Your comments on differences to older LG TV will be welcome and also tips and guides.
And be ready to post some pictures and perhaps you'll find some apps from this community on your TV soon
Old 04/25/2014, 07:08 AM   #95 (permalink)

So if its my understanding, does the magic remote not function as a possible controller for a cable box? I have time warner, so if I am on live tv, I have to pick up my time warner remote to navigate channels still? I was hoping the magic remote lets you program your cable box like a universal remote to navigate? Is that not true?
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2014, 09:36 AM   #96 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Here are the current version numbers:
  • Software Version: 03.00.43
And more importantly....
  • webOS Version: 1.0.0-7606
Thanks. I added that to the report. I wonder if the -7606 bit is actually device specific? Happy to hear other reports.

Also, if webOS is running the TV, I wonder what is that other software?
Old 04/25/2014, 12:45 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
So if its my understanding, does the magic remote not function as a possible controller for a cable box? I have time warner, so if I am on live tv, I have to pick up my time warner remote to navigate channels still? I was hoping the magic remote lets you program your cable box like a universal remote to navigate? Is that not true?
According to the system, you CAN use the magic remote to run a cable box. I'll look up the exact phrasing of this description for you...

Update: here's a picture of the Device Connector with the info on this:

"After Universal control has been set up, you can control your set-top box, Blu-ray player, home theater, etc. using the Magic Remote. this function only works with the Magic Remote."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0799.jpg (742.6 KB, 208 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/25/2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04/25/2014, 03:50 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
According to the system, you CAN use the magic remote to run a cable box. I'll look up the exact phrasing of this description for you...

Update: here's a picture of the Device Connector with the info on this:

Click to view quoted image

"After Universal control has been set up, you can control your set-top box, Blu-ray player, home theater, etc. using the Magic Remote. this function only works with the Magic Remote."
I was at a Best Buy checking it out and they had the 70" hooked up to a Sony bluray and a directv box, the magic remote was able to control both without a problem, still a little clunky using the on screen interface with bluray, but I use a harmony remote, so I'll probably stick to that for anything non WebOS related.

They showed me a cool video to show off future capabilities and I'm intrigued on how this will actually work http://lostremote.com/onetwosee-bloomberg-sports-and-lg-partner-to-create-interactive-connected-tv-experience-for-baseball-fans_b42093
Donutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 04/25/2014, 10:49 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutt007 View Post
I was at a Best Buy checking it out and they had the 70" hooked up to a Sony bluray and a directv box, the magic remote was able to control both without a problem, still a little clunky using the on screen interface with bluray, but I use a harmony remote, so I'll probably stick to that for anything non WebOS related.

They showed me a cool video to show off future capabilities and I'm intrigued on how this will actually work OneTwoSee, Bloomberg Sports, and LG partner to create interactive connected TV experience for MLB fans - Lost Remote
Very cool find! Thanks for sharing

Here's a snipet from the article and the video demonstrating the upcoming MLB live experience for LG TV's

MLB fans with an LG smart TV have reason to be excited this season. OneTwoSee, an interactive TV application company with a sports focus, and Bloomberg Sports have created a connected TV application that will bring interactive stats and advanced analytics to owners of LG smart TVs for the 2014-15 MLB season.

Old 04/25/2014, 10:52 PM   #100 (permalink)

The spec sheet for the new lineup was just released a couple of days ago:

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_1.png (421.2 KB, 181 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png Screenshot_2.png (217.9 KB, 181 views) Email Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LB6300 Series Spec Sheet.pdf (1.60 MB, 4 views) Email Attachment

Tags
42lb6300, lg webos, webos tv