webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Got one!!
LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Like Tree183Likes

Old 04/17/2014, 09:02 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
Nice score Dave, made me look around at some local stores here in Calgary. There's a 55" for $733. On sale until the 23rd. Also a good deal, but bad timing for me.
That's an awesome price for a 55" TV! The new webOS 55" TV's are running $1399 with silver with feet on each side instead of a pedestal.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2014, 09:07 AM   #62 (permalink)

Hhgregg is carrying them as well. They're not in stores yet but they are available on their online store with free shipping to store. The problem is they're not advertising it as a "web OS Smart TV" it's just listed as a generic "Smart TV". Hopefully LG will work with retailers and distributors to make sure each webOS television is properly listed and advertised.
Liked by Rnp and HelloNNNewman like this.
Old 04/17/2014, 10:26 AM   #63 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Since the remote isn't programmable, it wouldn't work with a cable box either which means you would end up using a couple remotes. For me, since I cut the cord a while back, I end up with 2 remotes: The LG remote and one for my Roku. I could actually just use my cell phone for both since they both have Android Apps (I hate that Android feels like such a far lesser OS than webOS, but ended up being the standard).

Click to view quoted image

So yes, you should be able to use a universal remote with the LG. The menu key and arrows should move you through the cards (it worked like that with a spare remote I have, but some keys on mine needed to be remapped if I kept using it).
You might be able to operate that Roku using the LG remote, if you go through the Device Connector setup on it. Maybe, I'm not too sure what all is supported through there.

IR remotes with an LG setting, or updateable/reprogrammable remotes should probably work for it. One of the big things about Enyo 2.3/Spotlight is the ability to work well with arrow-key navigation. :-)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 04/17/2014, 10:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
That's an awesome price for a 55" TV! The new webOS 55" TV's are running $1399 with silver with feet on each side instead of a pedestal.
I suspect that might be a 2013 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
Hhgregg is carrying them as well. They're not in stores yet but they are available on their online store with free shipping to store. The problem is they're not advertising it as a "web OS Smart TV" it's just listed as a generic "Smart TV". Hopefully LG will work with retailers and distributors to make sure each webOS television is properly listed and advertised.
Look also for "2014 model", and see if webOS is in the picture.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2014, 11:00 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I suspect that might be a 2013 model...

Correct

Old 04/17/2014, 11:07 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
You might be able to operate that Roku using the LG remote, if you go through the Device Connector setup on it. Maybe, I'm not too sure what all is supported through there.

IR remotes with an LG setting, or updateable/reprogrammable remotes should probably work for it. One of the big things about Enyo 2.3/Spotlight is the ability to work well with arrow-key navigation. :-)
I did go through the device connector to set up the Roku 3 player. One thing about the new TV's is that they don't have all options running yet (some marked 'coming soon'). Not that this is what is marked in the device setup, but some things may be coming down the road for deeper integration.

There weren't any settings for the remote under the device settings. Actually, there was no setting for a Roku box at all (which really surprised me). It basically asks you what you are hooking up - giving you 5-6 choices (ie: phone, blueray, game system, other, etc...). I went through all choices to see if Roku (or any other streaming box) was listed, but couldn't find anything. I ended up choosing "other" and setting it up as "HDMI 1". I was a bit shocked that LG didn't have a choice for an extremely popular device like this. Wow. That's why I'm hoping that they will as they update the software as they work on it.

Thanked By: cujoq37
Old 04/17/2014, 02:17 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
I just got off of the phone with ABT Electronics and they have the webOS TV's in stock and ON DISPLAY! Whooohoooo! Even better.... the sales person said the 42" was on sale not long ago for $619 and they will honor that price! Plus it comes with a 12 month subscription to Netflix.

Gonna get ready and head up there to check it out! I'll take some pics if anyone is interested (I'll probably grab one if it looks good)

42LB6300 - LG 42" Black LED 1080P Smart HDTV With WebOS at Abt

UPDATE: Got One!!
review incoming soon(tm)?

wonder if any webOS dev can get to the innards.

*cough* UbuntuChroot on a bigass tv.
Old 04/17/2014, 02:19 PM   #68 (permalink)

oh found this locally.

Buy 42" LB630V LG Smart TV with webOS at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Televisions.

after i saw yours quoting $600ish i was kinda hoping for something lower in ££, unless there are cheaper models kicking around somewhere.

EDIT: found the one you quoted.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-42LN575V-.../dp/B00BS55OW0

time to throw some money away.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/17/2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Amazon's tracking Referal link removed
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2014, 02:37 PM   #69 (permalink)

INFORMATION:

Anyone who wants a great deal... I just confirmed this one: 42" webOS TV: $599 with Free delivery

Follow the directions - I checked the coupon code and it does work - drops the price down to $599

If you are just looking for a less expensive non-webOS TV, keep an eye on woot.com. They are on sale today

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/17/2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04/17/2014, 03:36 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
FYI... Attached is the Owner's manual for the new TV's. It shows setup and the remote, but points you to the on-screen user guide for operation help. I really hope they release a PDF file of that built-in user guide.
Nah, the pdf reader on the Touchpad is too bad anyway. A webOS app for the touchpad with instructions would be a nice gesture.
DocJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2014, 03:43 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
Nah, the pdf reader on the Touchpad is too bad anyway. A webOS app for the touchpad with instructions would be a nice gesture.
I want a PDF copy only because I want a hard-copy I can print. LOL I'm old-school that way

Liked by lagoldste likes this.
Old 04/18/2014, 07:03 AM   #72 (permalink)

So this is the 42LB630V you have purchased? Is there a difference in the remote that comes with it, compared to the other model 42LB670V?
Pietmeklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2014, 07:45 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
[INFO]
Anyone who wants a great deal... I just confirmed this one: 42" webOS TV: $599 with Free delivery

Follow the directions - I checked the coupon code and it does work - drops the price down to $599 [/INFO]

If you are just looking for a less expensive non-webOS TV, keep an eye on woot.com. They are on sale today
nope i did have the link for the exact model you quoted but for a model in the UK but somehow i ended up linking the wrong thing ¬ ¬

i must be finding the wrong stuff, pretty sure i found the 1 u mentioned on a uk site but upon closer inspection it was for >£800 and seeing yours at $600 i was expecting something at around £360ish.

weird
Old 04/18/2014, 02:47 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Me want one...

Gotta check with the budget keeper.
handbrake you mean.
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2014, 03:08 PM   #75 (permalink)

Here's the article from smartwatchfans.com - evidently LG is working on cross-hardware compatibility and released their SDK for devs...

LG announces Connect SDK to get apps on multiple smart TVs at once | Smartwatch Fans
nawadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2014, 04:18 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawadley View Post
Here's the article from smartwatchfans.com - evidently LG is working on cross-hardware compatibility and released their SDK for devs...

LG announces Connect SDK to get apps on multiple smart TVs at once | Smartwatch Fans
Yes, already posted: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-tvs-once.html

Old 04/23/2014, 03:07 PM   #77 (permalink)

Funny that in with the TV is one of their NFC 'Tag On' sticker which allows anyone who wants to share content with the TV to simply tap the tag and share as long as they are on the same WiFi network or Miracast. Must be another item they are working on yet, because it doesn't quite work as of now. I tapped the tag and it took me to a download that said it wasn't available for my TV yet. Nice.

I did get their SmartShare application to work between my computer and TV to allow the device to access any folder I specify for music, pictures, and videos. Took foorrreeeevvvvveeeeerrrr to download on the computer because of an incredibly slow connection on their end.

Old 04/23/2014, 03:24 PM   #78 (permalink)

Explains the lack of fanfare.. Sounds cool though. I hope they aren't doing a slow rollout because they are not confident, and ready with the hook to yank it back at any time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities!

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2014, 03:30 PM   #79 (permalink)

nah... I don't see them doing an HP with this one. They have a built a great experience with webOS and have a whole line of TV's coming with it. I think that once the app store hits and they have stuff in there to show off, we will see the advertising fly.

HP released the Touchpad WAY too early because of market pressure from Apple. Even the coders we were working with on the Beta team were shocked when a release date was announced. Definitely not the case with the LG televisions. The OS is smooth and well done. They have just a few strings to tie up. Nothing that I miss as a consumer right now though. Whatever they bring down the line is just 'icing' for my experience.

Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 04/23/2014, 03:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

Can't see myself buyig a webos tv that cannot work with my webos phone. Feel like crying
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42lb6300, lg webos, webos tv