webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Got one!!
LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Like Tree183Likes

Old 07/07/2014, 02:41 AM   #241 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Which lines of webOS TVs are you talking about when just posting inch sizes? There are several lines from LB5xxx (EU LB5xx) via LB8xxx (EU: LB8xx) to UHD(4K)-models UB9xxx (EU UB9xx) .
I guess those cheap ones are from one of the lower 6xxx lines?

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...&id=1396941506
Old 07/07/2014, 06:38 AM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_March View Post
I'm a BlackBerry 10 user but I do like webos. I have a touch pad and wanted to try a pre 3 but that wasn't released here. But I do have the 42" in my amazon cart waiting to buy. The problem is I'm seeing way too many complaints so now I'm still waiting.
Hi D_March, what are those complaints about?
Old 07/09/2014, 02:47 PM   #243 (permalink)

I got the 42in with the magic remote. It's a really great TV! WebOs is very fast and responsive. I would recommend this TV. I use Netflix the most and it is very fast!

Tip: When I first got it, the picture seemed dim to me. I changed the energy saving option from Auto to Minimum.

TV
Pros: Very responsive. Can have multiple apps open. Integration with other devices. Lots of input options.
Cons: When you first start TV, channel is displayed instantly, but not all features are readily available. It takes a minute to 'boot up'. For example, I turned the TV on to watch the World Cup. I immediately wen to the menu to enter the specific channel number, but there was a busy cursor that said 'loading'. After about 30 to 45 seconds it works fine.

Magic remote.
Pros: I love the scroll wheel! Feels good in your hand.
Cons: Have to bring up menu to enter a specific channel number or use 'Flashback'. There are these colored buttons which seem to do nothing. It would be nice if one of the buttons could be programed to the 'Flashback' feature.

Also I downloaded the LG TV Remote app, but my model LB6300 does not seem to be supported yet
Waterdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2014, 08:05 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
You probably would see as many complaints about the Z10 (or 30) too... I love my TV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalx View Post
Hi D_March, what are those complaints about?
Mainly just comments I saw on this thread. But I'm definitely going to get the 42" version in my amazon cart.
grover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2014, 05:15 AM   #245 (permalink)

Hi guys my 1st post here and im glad im here and welcome you all.

I own a 55 UB950v and overall im am pretty happy with it with my only problem so far the inability to pair the TV any bluetooth headset.
herodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2014, 06:51 AM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herodium View Post
Hi guys my 1st post here and im glad im here and welcome you all.

I own a 55 UB950v and overall im am pretty happy with it with my only problem so far the inability to pair the TV any bluetooth headset.
Hi herodium - Welcome to the webOS Nation Forums!

Yes, I agree with you about the BT headsets. We have a bug list going on in this thread and a member reported yesterday that they found the TV's do work right away with LG Bluetooth headphones. I'm just waiting for them to add support for other companies. In the meantime, I have a set of Sennheiser wireless headphones that I ended up hooking up to the TV. Because the headphones only have RCA jacks (and the TV doesn't) I used the optical out of the TV into a optical-to-analog converter and hooked them into that. It wasn't expensive and works great.

However... having the TV's support other brands of BT headsets is a must in the near future.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/29/2014, 07:05 AM   #247 (permalink)

thx m8 for the info..

So far im using my Yamaha headphone output with 5 meter cable to plug my headset... you know for me is crucial because family wise (married with 1.5 year old son) i cannot in the night see anything with the sound up in tv.. so headphones late at night is a must..
herodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2014, 04:14 AM   #248 (permalink)

hi guys,

i'm from Italy and i got and 42LB650V (should be the same model of LB6500 in the USA). Nice tv but just two "issues"

1- clouding, i hoped that was only on Sammy but LG suffer the same problem..
2- TV seems slow, not fast like in all review, may be because it's the entry level and has a weak processor?

Thanks
lynx_deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2014, 05:23 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
The very best way to watch stuff from your computer is to use a device like the Roku because it has free apps that can stream from your computer over the same network without having to actually go to the computer to start the stream.

Otherwise, without a separate streaming device you can still stream directly to your TV from your computer easily as long as they are on the same network. Just download and install the SmartShare app on your computer and have it scan for all of you Movie/Pictures/Music content (only have to do it once).

Click to view quoted image

From there:
  • Start the app on your TV
  • On the PC - choose the file you want to share

Click to view quoted image

• Right-Click on the file and choose "share to" and select your TV.
  • Video will start up on your TV right away.
Thanks. I'll look into this. It seems like a step backward from just being able to browse the shared directories from a Windows machine that their much older Bluray players could do. Oh well.......
hrminer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2014, 03:21 PM   #250 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You can also do a full media scan in Windows Media Player (Win7+ i think) and the TV SmartShare can find them that way...
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 08/01/2014, 04:07 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
You can also do a full media scan in Windows Media Player (Win7+ i think) and the TV SmartShare can find them that way...
I'll have to try that. Right now, I just use the MediaPlayer app on my Roku to do this stuff. Hopefully LG will come out with an app that makes it that simple.

Old 08/03/2014, 03:05 PM   #252 (permalink)

Was surprised (and a disappointed) to see that the 42LB6300 doesn't have Bluetooth? Couldn't find it in the functions anywhere and was thinking maybe it's just not activated, but then realized that the little logo is nowhere on the box and Bluetooth isn't mentioned at all in the manual. So what model should I have gotten instead?
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2014, 03:47 PM   #253 (permalink)

The 42LB6300 does have Bluetooth. So far, they seem to be supporting their own BT headphones, but hopefully as the teams keep updating the OS there will be support for more and more devices.

You can manage BT devices (if you have a supported device) by going to the menu > sound > sound out > LG Sound Sync (wireless) > then press "Device Selection". Put your headset in pairing mode and see if it pairs.

Old 08/04/2014, 12:16 PM   #254 (permalink)

Quote:
The 42LB6300 does have Bluetooth. So far, they seem to be supporting their own BT headphones, but hopefully as the teams keep updating the OS there will be support for more and more devices.

You can manage BT devices (if you have a supported device) by going to the menu > sound > sound out > LG Sound Sync (wireless) > then press "Device Selection". Put your headset in pairing mode and see if it pairs.
Aha! Thanks for that.
Old 08/14/2014, 11:02 AM   #255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
* or perhaps the return of "pre-thinking of webOS" - a screen-wide infobar would pop up at the bottom asking if you’d like to switch inputs
I don't believe you could call this an example of "Pre-thinking". According to the article, the reason behind them putting up that bar wasn't to pre-think an action, but by putting up a bar spanning across all 12 dimming zone columns of the display, it forces the LED backlighting to stay active and reduces 'blooming' that way. Kind of a sneaky/smart way of working around a display issue.

Old 08/15/2014, 09:44 AM   #256 (permalink)

Gawd... the 'Today' feature is worthless as it stands. It's a good idea, but if they are only going to use it to advertise movies available through pay services - they need to give an option to remove it from the bar, or ideally allow us to choose feeds for that bar!

LG REALLY REALLY needs to allow users to disable feeds from sources other than those they want to see. Example: allow me to display info from sources I pay for like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.... and kill off feeds from pay sources like CinimaNow, MGo, etc.

I totally understand that LG has partners like those services that they want to support, but frakkin allow us to choose the turn off those feeds! That really irks me. /rant

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/15/2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: clarify
Liked by marcedhk likes this.
Old 08/15/2014, 09:58 AM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Gawd... the Today feature is worthless as it stands. It's a good idea, but if they are only going to use it to advertise movies available through pay services - they need to give an option to remove it from the bar.

Otherwise... they REALLY REALLY need to allow users to disable feeds from sources other than those they want to see. Example: allow me to display info from sources I pay for like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.... and kill off feeds from pay sources like CinimaNow, MGo, etc.

I totally understand that LG has partners like those services that they want to support, but frakkin allow us to choose the turn off those feeds! That really irks me. /rant
Agreed! I hardly ever rent a streaming movie - a couple times a year at the most. What would be useful would be if we could configure it to just bring up stuff from the channels/services we regularly watch. They could still keep a Sponsored/Premium Results section in there to promote stuff from their content partners, but the bulk of it should be stuff we are actually interested in.
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 08/17/2014, 03:56 PM   #258 (permalink)

Now I have a dilemma! Microcenter has the 55lb7200 on sale for 899 which appears to be a great price and they have the 60" plasma on sale for 599. Plasma doesn't have webos. Is it worth getting webos? Both pictures are good but the plasma has the old smart tv. ugh. But it is a bigger screen and the plasma looks good. 7200 has a great picture and 3d, which I have never even seen.
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/17/2014, 09:47 PM   #259 (permalink)

Personally, I'd go with the 7200 - not just because of webOS, but mainly because the drawbacks (to me) of plasma outweigh the positives. Yes it does have a truer black level and great picture, but they develop screen burn extremely easy and viewing angles are more drastic compared to other options (not major, but enough of a drawback for me). With proper settings, a non-plasma can be a beautiful picture. Plasma TV's are going cheaper because companies of stepping away from them. Outside of that, yes, webOS does make an additional difference in tipping the scale. /2cents

Old 08/18/2014, 07:05 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery Lemmens View Post
Thanks for the info David !

Please note that some of the LG tv models with webos are shipped without magic remote, which is my case. If you only have the 'normal' remote and not the magic remote, and you try to use the browser or the youtube app, then bluetooth keyboard support is suddenly very important to me.

So I would love it if this feature would one day come with a software update.

Download LG TV App in your Smartphone so u can acess keyboard as well pointer...note both devices needed to be connected with same wifi...

thanks
sohail_md786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42lb6300, lg webos, webos tv