webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG webOS TV: Got one!!
LG webOS TV: Got one!!
Like Tree183Likes

Old 05/30/2014, 09:35 AM   #201 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

well as it is a mixture of two external reviews (one even posted in this thread some pages up), i thought i just post it here. i mainly wanted to share the formats and perhaps get some owners reactions on the negative sides mentioned.
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 06/03/2014, 10:10 PM   #202 (permalink)

I guess I'm rather spoiled with this site. Palm employees used to monitor this site and answer questions. But there is absolutely no place to find out anything about the LG TV's in detail. Their built in 'help' system is crap unless you are a beginner wanting to know how to program channels or something. But if you want to know something more, there is no one to ask.

For example... we had one LG employee post on here saying that the televisions had the ability to pair to bluetooth, but I've tried 2 different (well known) brands and nothing. I love webOS and would love to support LG, but I'm getting a bit peeved with not having anyone/anywhere to ask questions and get answers.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2014, 04:22 AM   #203 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I started a thread with the generic (hopefully search engine friendly) title of http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-tv-forum.html . I'm not yet in the market for a new TV, so have nothing to add, but having announced your purchase here, it might be worth raising you likes / dislikes & solutions there. Hopefully, it will be monitored by LG & attract new forum members searching for information. Some may get interested in the wider webOS world.
Old 06/04/2014, 04:27 AM   #204 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I guess I'm rather spoiled with this site. Palm employees used to monitor this site and answer questions. But there is absolutely no place to find out anything about the LG TV's in detail. Their built in 'help' system is crap unless you are a beginner wanting to know how to program channels or something. But if you want to know something more, there is no one to ask.

For example... we had one LG employee post on here saying that the televisions had the ability to pair to bluetooth, but I've tried 2 different (well known) brands and nothing. I love webOS and would love to support LG, but I'm getting a bit peeved with not having anyone/anywhere to ask questions and get answers.
Where did someone say that? I remember someone saying that the HID profile wasn't supported..
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2014, 06:27 AM   #205 (permalink)

Purchased a 60LB7100. Love it. Set up was so easy. Love the magic remote. Feels like webOS, as I own a TouchPad and aPalm Pre. Cant wait to see what LG and the WebOs crew adds in the future.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/04/2014 at 07:49 AM.
guggie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and paisley99 like this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 06/04/2014, 07:50 AM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guggie1 View Post
Purchased a 60LB7100. Love it. Set up was so easy. Love the magic remote. Feels like webOS, as I own a TouchPad and aPalm Pre. Cant wait to see what LG and the WebOs crew adds in the future.
Congrats guggie1 - let us know your impressions as you get used to it

Old 06/05/2014, 11:27 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Where did someone say that? I remember someone saying that the HID profile wasn't supported..
This post: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3419298

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Min1 View Post
We do not support the profile yet. Currently we only support Bluetooth audio profile for headphone. Will we support it later? It all depends upon the voices from the field.
The profile he said they didn't currently support was BT Keyboards

Old 06/09/2014, 11:15 PM   #208 (permalink)

I got the 60lb7100 a few weeks ago it's a good tv WiFi driver is shotty but not bad needs an update and more apps on the store really like the image mirroring. 3d is really good on this one if you tweak it yourself and this tv really good for gaming make sure to switch to game mode after you switch the input it'll save it on that input so you don't have to worry about changing it if your looking for 3d movies <edited by moderator> if anybody figures out how to put a modded version of plex let me know also if you go to settings and click General scroll down and click on about this tv you can update it there mine didn't have auto update enabled originally

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: discussions of illegal download sites not allowed
kushbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/2014, 08:35 AM   #209 (permalink)

Hello there guys,

I wonder if there are any advantages regarding the speed of CPU or RAM memory (or similar things that have influence on smooth user interface) in higher models. For example if I buy 47LB730V or 50LB670V or 55LB630V instead of 47LB630V do I get higher performance and smoother UI? Thanks for answers.
xxmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2014, 10:52 PM   #210 (permalink)

Has the US LG Store come out yet? I've been trying to search it up but haven't find any answers besides dates for other countries. Thanks!
Rigo Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/13/2014, 01:08 AM   #211 (permalink)

hy guys.
I just want to share with you my experience with the new lg tv's! I bought few models for my home.
Let's start with the top of the line LG 65UB980 (4k web os TV - ub980 is the code for Europe) I think for USA is 65UB9800. I have the TV for 3 weeks now and I like it a lot. i have linker it with the new receiver from Yamaha that can passthrough 4K signal. Also I have one DUNE HD player linked to it. i want to add a popcorn or new version of dune player but i wait for some 4k native player. I will also link it with a sony ps4, but wasn't able to get one till now regarding availability in my country, but i will buy one from ebay next week. it's also linked with wy new computer with a Asus AMD 290X graphic card (top of line) and it works smooth on 4k resolution at 30 HZ. The TV does't have a Disply Port Input. Hoever it has HDMI 2.0 inputs for 60HZ and 4k. But my graphic card doesn't support 4k at 60 hz . may in the future with new graphic card or maybe some new drivers should be fixed. I also get 4 k on the tv with my MAC Book pro (latest model) but also the same 4k at 30 HZ.
For the web OS i can say I like it, works very smooth. Only it's get stuck for about 25 seconds (but not stuck completely - working harder) when I power ON the TV. I also have it working with digital cable with around 140 channels (from which 25 HD). i works great, but for faster scrolling trough programs i use the "old style" remote control.
I also got LG 42LB7300 (42LB730V) and 55LB6700 (55lb670V) . When i bought these tv's I also bought one for my parents bedroom Samsung 55HU8500. I just want to say it's a GREAT tv.
Getting back to WEB OS i think it's only a child in the TV industry but has the potential to grow very fast..If you have any questions i can answer . have a nice weekend
Marius Saplacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by gizmo21, HelloNNNewman
Old 06/13/2014, 07:35 AM   #212 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Saplacan View Post
hy guys.
I also got LG 42LB7300 (42LB730V) and 55LB6700 (55lb670V) . When i bought these tv's I also bought one for my parents bedroom Samsung 55HU8500. I just want to say it's a GREAT tv.
Getting back to WEB OS i think it's only a child in the TV industry but has the potential to grow very fast..If you have any questions i can answer . have a nice weekend
Thx for your feedback.

Can you tell me how the display quality and speed (channelchange, loading times...) of the two smaller LG models are (perhaps compared to the big/expensive one).
I heard a lot about corner shadows and DSE Dirty Screen Effect (DSE Test - YouTube) with the lower price LB650V devices.
Old 06/17/2014, 01:46 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Thx for your feedback.

Can you tell me how the display quality and speed (channelchange, loading times...) of the two smaller LG models are (perhaps compared to the big/expensive one).
I heard a lot about corner shadows and DSE Dirty Screen Effect (DSE Test - YouTube) with the lower price LB650V devices.
Hy. Sorry for late answer but was in business trip.
The display quality of the 730 model is great. also the speed of the TV. for the 670 model i can say it's a bit slower.
But only when i power on the TV. i only played very high quality on the 4 k model. i will also do it on the other two models next days. the othe two models play a lot of cartoons from you tube . my wife plays cartoons for my liilte boy. the new app from you tube can pair the the tv with other computers or you tube apps from mobile devices. a great feature .
Marius Saplacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by gizmo21, HelloNNNewman
Old 06/17/2014, 05:43 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigo Ortiz View Post
Has the US LG Store come out yet? I've been trying to search it up but haven't find any answers besides dates for other countries. Thanks!
Yes, the LG Store has come out for the US models and it seems to be rolling out bit by bit to other countries, but not sure on where.

Old 06/21/2014, 09:23 AM   #215 (permalink)

How to delete installed (from LG Store) apps?
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/2014, 04:01 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
How to delete installed (from LG Store) apps?
It's actually pretty easy to delete an application from the TV. Just scroll to the right of the menu bar and you will see the smaller icons. Click and hold on the app you want to delete and lift the icon up off of the bar. You will now get the ability to either move the icon to another (reorder) on the menu, or delete the app with the little "x" above the icon. Click this little "x" and you will delete the application.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0011.jpg (689.9 KB, 135 views) Email Attachment

Thanked By: Pilotovef
Old 06/29/2014, 08:19 PM   #217 (permalink)

FYI... reminder for those who have TV's in the US market - there is supposedly a large software update scheduled for tomorrow (6/30). Hopefully they will stay on schedule and bring some new stuff

Old 06/30/2014, 12:00 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
FYI... reminder for those who have TV's in the US market - there is supposedly a large software update scheduled for tomorrow (6/30). Hopefully they will stay on schedule and bring some new stuff
Have you any news?
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2014, 12:05 PM   #219 (permalink)

At work right now... I'll check it the moment I get home though.

My phone won't pair to my TV because I'm at work, but the phone's app shows the current version as 03.23.22. Not sure what my TV has right now, but that version sounds familiar. Perhaps the update hasn't been released quite yet.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2014-06-30-12-08-20.png (101.8 KB, 85 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/30/2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06/30/2014, 12:48 PM   #220 (permalink)

I just checked what version I have andmy cellphone show 03.23.06, so older than your and just click on download from the cellphone and it show a new versio 03.23.23 newer than your.
eoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman

Tags
42lb6300, lg webos, webos tv