webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > roll call: webOS TV owners
roll call: webOS TV owners
Like Tree11Likes

Old 04/09/2014, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Well, tell us the details. Order one yet? Actually get one yet? There are a small number of reviews popping in on Amazon and Fry's, so there must be someone out there, right? :-)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Choorp likes this.
Old 04/10/2014, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Only review I've seen so far is this one:
LG 47LB6300 Review - 47" 1080p IPS 120Hz WebOS Smart LED TV

Google says the link was posted 5 days ago (as the article itself doesnt show a date on the site)
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2014, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I think I have my wife convinced. I'm claiming it's my birthday, promotion, and father's day presents wrapped into one. But if I'm getting it, it'll be the 240Hz, 55" model.
Old 04/10/2014, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've almost pulled the trigger on a new TV a few times, but am waiting to see how the new LG line looks in person (and in reviews). Definitely interested in this thread in case anyone does indeed get one.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2014, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

as i'm still on analog tube 28" so i'm interested . But want to have hands on to see if that can beat the raspberry on my tube.

Last edited by gizmo21; 04/11/2014 at 05:29 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2014, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
I think I have my wife convinced. I'm claiming it's my birthday, promotion, and father's day presents wrapped into one. But if I'm getting it, it'll be the 240Hz, 55" model.
First review on pivotCE from you then Alan? ;-)

I don’t care about webOS on TVs | pivotCE
Old 04/10/2014, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:

She forgot about the Go quickly then :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 04/10/2014, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
Congratulations on all of those points! :-)

I'm hoping that Best Buy will get them before I fly out to Cali next, so I can have a look at one in a store before I go on spring break with the kids. Since I'm going on spring break with the kids, I won't have the money for a new TV for a while. :| The 40 inchers are in my price range, but I dont really want to replace a 52 with a 42, y'know. And I got the best deal ever on the 52" projection model sitting in my house right now -- my lady's boss gave it to us free just to take it off his hands.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 04/10/2014, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Preemptive, I said it's not what I WANT but I didn't say I wouldn't get one!

Herrie, yeah I made money on my trip that more than paid for it so she doens't care.

eblade, thanks!
Liked by HelloNNNewman and Preemptive like this.
Old 04/10/2014, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
And I got the best deal ever on the 52" projection model sitting in my house right now -- my lady's boss gave it to us free just to take it off his hands.
Nice deal! Years ago (when I worked in the Audio/Video industry) I had one of my customers give me his old 40"-180" projection system (one that you pointed at a wall or screen). It was awesome at that time, but would look like crap by today's standards. I'm with you on the screen size. I'm preferably in the ~40" range for pricing, but might go a bit larger once I look seriously and compare options. I cut the cord a couple of years ago, so the number of HDMI inputs is important too (surprisingly, even at 40"+ there are still many with only 1 or 2 inputs).

WootPlus had Samsung's on sale for a couple of days, but I figured prices will stay low on these things. Plus, I really want to play with an LG webOS television before I do anything.

Old 04/10/2014, 02:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

I will likely buy one as I am replacing a 2004 42" panasonic plasma EDTV in the basement.
Not sure on how large; but nothing over 50"

Have to wait until tax refund arrives though as I need to buy a wall mount too.
Will post pics here when I do purchase (probably in Mid-May)

- T
Old 04/10/2014, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

If they would only have a plasma with webOS I would already have one.... Want 55"+ and OLED is out of budget for the next couple of years...

Old 04/10/2014, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
If they would only have a plasma with webOS I would already have one.... Want 55"+ and OLED is out of budget for the next couple of years...

I'm going to make a guess that the Plasma sets have completely different insides from the rest of the sets.. I could be wrong, though. Maybe they just all have the 2013 model's insides. Just a theory.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 04/26/2014, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

I just got my 42'' in yesterday and I didn't have time to check out every feature but it is quite amazing. although it doesn't have the look of mobile webos, it certainly has the feel.

the magic remote is awesome and works flawlessly and switching between displays/apps is really quick.

even the built in speakers are great!

I'll have to play around with it more
Brennan Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and eblade like this.
Old 04/26/2014, 02:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Rowe View Post
I just got my 42'' in yesterday and I didn't have time to check out every feature but it is quite amazing. although it doesn't have the look of mobile webos, it certainly has the feel.

the magic remote is awesome and works flawlessly and switching between displays/apps is really quick.

even the built in speakers are great!

I'll have to play around with it more
Welcome to the club!

Liked by eblade likes this.
Thanked By: eblade
Old 04/27/2014, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Its funny I was sort of half following LG acquisition of WebOS, and I'm like... I need a new TV!
having a Palm Pre Plus back in the day and more recently a HP Veer, of course I'd get a WebOS tv!!

But I didn't realize the TVs *just* came out... can't wait to see what the TV will be capable of doing in the next 6-8months!

"LG store ...coming soon"
Old 04/27/2014, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm with you! Some of the stuff they have says it will be out "in the second half of 2014" (ie: smartshare). I'm hoping they get some great developer response for apps.

Old 04/28/2014, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I'm with you! Some of the stuff they have says it will be out "in the second half of 2014" (ie: smartshare). I'm hoping they get some great developer response for apps.
The SmartShare app isn't included with the systems yet?
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 04/28/2014, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's the screenshot of the phone app. It opens to this screen saying it will be updated in the second half of 2014. Then it just opens the TV remote app (which is a separate app).

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2014-04-28-12-32-44.png (209.7 KB, 76 views) Email Attachment

Old 04/28/2014, 10:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
The Smartshare works just fine on the TV (it comes with some stock images and small mp3s) and works great for viewing stuff off a flash drive for example.

But yeah the Smartshare app for Android will be cool so we can share stuff wireless through the phone to the TV easily. (since not all android devices have Wi-Fi Direct)

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/28/2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: hit 'edit' instead of 'quote' no changes made