Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennan Rowe View Post
    The Smartshare works just fine on the TV (it comes with some stock images and small mp3s) and works great for viewing stuff off a flash drive for example.

But yeah the Smartshare app for Android will be cool so we can share stuff wireless through the phone to the TV easily. (since not all android devices have Wi-Fi Direct)

I got the SmartShare to work with my computer by downloading and installing their SmartShare software for the PC. You can choose and send a file like a movie to your TV from your computer and it will instantly start playing. But yes, the Android app for instantly sharing pictures and videos is what I was referring to. I've also got a Roku 3 player that allows me to plug a USB drive into and share, but still not the same. At least LG is letting people know that it's coming (insert 'in the coming months' joke here... LOL).
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I got the SmartShare to work with my computer by downloading and installing their SmartShare software for the PC. You can choose and send a file like a movie to your TV from your computer and it will instantly start playing. But yes, the Android app for instantly sharing pictures and videos is what I was referring to. I've also got a Roku 3 player that allows me to plug a USB drive into and share, but still not the same. At least LG is letting people know that it's coming (insert 'in the coming months' joke here... LOL).
    The SmartShare PC server is either a modified or simply a rebranded Plex. Plex also works in legacy webOS using the nice Plex app from the HP store. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The SmartShare PC server is either a modified or simply a rebranded Plex. Plex also works in legacy webOS using the nice Plex app from the HP store. :-)
    I've got Plex installed and have used it for years (I really wish LG would get an xbmc app running instead as there is so much more you can do with it). The thing I've found with Plex is that I tend to get a bit of buffering for some reason and don't get that if I use PlayOn instead. **Oh, BTW... if any of you aren't using PlayOn - get it. It adds a TON of extras to your TV - but... you have to have a streamer like a Roku box to take advantage (but those are cheap now).

Because the Plex app seems to be a bit less smooth than streaming through my Roku, I've just been using that. I'll have to check my Plex settings to make sure those aren't causing issue too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've got Plex installed and have used it for years (I really wish LG would get an xbmc app running instead as there is so much more you can do with it). The thing I've found with Plex is that I tend to get a bit of buffering for some reason and don't get that if I use PlayOn instead. **Oh, BTW... if any of you aren't using PlayOn - get it. It adds a TON of extras to your TV - but... you have to have a streamer like a Roku box to take advantage (but those are cheap now).

Because the Plex app seems to be a bit less smooth than streaming through my Roku, I've just been using that. I'll have to check my Plex settings to make sure those aren't causing issue too.
    Maybe Plex is re-encoding the stream?. I've never used it, so I'm just thinking of possibilities. So PlayOn is an alternative media server then as I understand things.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have used smartshare to see a 3d movie from my Go Flex Home NAS and everything was great, DTS sound to my home-theater, and no buffering at all, I have it wired and not wireless though, The only proble i found was that i couldnt ru the subtitles dont know if it is something related to my NAS ot not. But so far the TV has been great.

Hope they will bring a lot of applications as right now the store seems to be under construction which make me a little nervous.
    Youtube has changed the web app, I see a pair to tv option under settings. Can someone with a webos tv or any kind of connected device and a webos phone test it to see if it works. Thanks.
    Anyone has a working LG Store? Here in Russia it's not accessible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12