webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > WebOS TVs now available from Amazon
WebOS TVs now available from Amazon
Like Tree4Likes

Old 04/04/2014, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Sad, I also love my Panasonic plasma...
Same here :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 04/04/2014, 02:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Yeah that's exactly what I meant. Typically only associated with high refresh rates. One manufacturer, Sony I think, calls it "Motion Flow". I originally was very turned off of BluRay because all of the demo TV's had that turned on, and I thought it was just how BluRay looked.
What you are describing is often called the SOE (Soap Opera Effect) where the picture looks more like watching a videotape camera playback than watching something that was filmed. It is not directly related to high refresh rates, but to "motion smoothing" features that the manufacturers think customers want to avoid "juddering" during fast motion scenes on a large screen. (Probably why Sony calls it "Motion Flow" where other brands call it "motion smoothing".) The advantage of a high refresh rate is you can turn motion smoothing to "off" or "low" in the settings and the fast refresh rate is still able to keep up with rendering the fast motion on the screen (like in sporting events or action movies).

I tried to convince my brother to turn off the motion smoothing on his new 46" Samsung LED TV, but he and the family actually liked it. To each their own. I turn it off on my TV.
NCCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 04/04/2014, 03:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Panasonic calls it IFC (intelligent frame creation). Used to add frames to 24p material so it runs "smoothly".

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 04/09/2014, 06:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I really like the way that stuff looks also. It makes it look much more realistic than what we usually get from american TV.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2014, 02:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

I just noticed that you also get a 12 Month subscription to Netflix with this purchase. Saahhhwweeeeet

Netflix Special Offer with Qualified LG Devices | LG USA

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2014, 01:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I just noticed that you also get a 12 Month subscription to Netflix with this purchase. Saahhhwweeeeet

Netflix Special Offer with Qualified LG Devices | LG USA
a couple of the amazon reviews have said that they didn't qualify, but i'm guessing that that was probably an error that has been updated by now. Could be wrong, though.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2014, 01:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

If you read lower down on the Amazon page, LG themselves addressed the issue and confirmed that it does qualify for the promotion. And they posted the link I posted above

Old 04/14/2014, 01:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
a couple of the amazon reviews have said that they didn't qualify, but i'm guessing that that was probably an error that has been updated by now. Could be wrong, though.
Yup... it's confirmed! The TV's do come with the Netflix subscription promotion. You fill out an on-line form, take a picture of (or scan) your receipt showing the purchase, and upload it on that page. It took about 2 days to get my confirmation and promotion code. Enter the code into the promotion/coupon box on your account page and it adds a credit to your account for the value of 12 months ($95.88).

Thanked By: Grabber5.0