webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > About LG webOS TV availability
About LG webOS TV availability
  Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By Greg Mair

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/03/2014, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor
 
akitayo's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,116
About LG webOS TV availability

Today just made a question to LG about webOS TV availabilty in the USA and South America, and LG answered I think is COUNTRY and not COUNTY on the answer that you can see below:




The link take us to: http://www.lg.com/common/index.jsp
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by ArchonAdvisors, Rnp
Old 02/04/2014, 04:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,536
Positive they meant country. The TV business is extremely highly regionalized, a bit like how cell phones in some parts of the world speak GSM 900MHz, some do GSM 1900, some do CDMA 900, some do CDMA 1900, except in TV land there's more like a handful (4 or 6?) of quite different technological standards, and an absolutely monstrous number of governmental regulations regarding them that range from country to country to country.
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cujoq37
Old 02/04/2014, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,686
they can take all the time they want, im sure they dont want to release something that may have a glaring bug/issue or any form of performance related quirk.

get it right, then release, personally im ok with that even if things take a bit longer, esp us lot, were good at waiting, we have achieved godlike lvls of skill in that regard.
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ArchonAdvisors likes this.
Old 02/04/2014, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
News Contributor
 
akitayo's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Positive they meant country. The TV business is extremely highly regionalized, a bit like how cell phones in some parts of the world speak GSM 900MHz, some do GSM 1900, some do CDMA 900, some do CDMA 1900, except in TV land there's more like a handful (4 or 6?) of quite different technological standards, and an absolutely monstrous number of governmental regulations regarding them that range from country to country to country.
and some countries are in the transition to change from analog to digital TV signal The TVs must allow both in those regions
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2014, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
News Contributor
 
akitayo's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
they can take all the time they want, im sure they dont want to release something that may have a glaring bug/issue or any form of performance related quirk.

get it right, then release, personally im ok with that even if things take a bit longer, esp us lot, were good at waiting, we have achieved godlike lvls of skill in that regard.
totally agree
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2014, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
boovish's Avatar
 
Posts: 746
I can't wait to buy one!
__________________
HP Think Beyond event link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2014, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Greg Mair's Avatar
 
Posts: 765
I'm more looking for a box with webos than a TV. $150 price range.
Greg Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 likes this.
Old 02/05/2014, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
I'm more looking for a box with webos than a TV. $150 price range.
Same here, no need for a whole new tv - but I want LG webOS. According to Gizmodo, webOS (without voice and gestures) will be on some LG Blu-ray players.

LG's WebOS TV Hands-On: An Awesome Resurrection
disdigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Grabber5.0
Old 02/05/2014, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
News Contributor
 
akitayo's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by disdigg View Post
Same here, no need for a whole new tv - but I want LG webOS. According to Gizmodo, webOS (without voice and gestures) will be on some LG Blu-ray players.

LG's WebOS TV Hands-On: An Awesome Resurrection
Yes webOS will be in blurays players and other devices that allows internet connection

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-gestures.html
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Availability fdezarra HP Pre 3 0 09/02/2011 11:34 AM
Best Buy Availability? joelpalm Palm Pre and Pre Plus 0 06/25/2009 01:40 AM
Open request to Palm: WebOS Emulator availability now! (WebOS dev momentum assured!) Goyena webOS Development 9 06/15/2009 07:45 PM
Ringtone Availability BOB FRANKLIN Palm OS Devices & Apps 1 02/27/2007 09:13 AM
Availability in CH Zerimar Palm OS Devices & Apps 0 10/03/2003 02:50 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0