webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG`s SVL Developers explain webOS TV.Video.
LG`s SVL Developers explain webOS TV.Video.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By akitayo

Old 02/02/2014, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

LG`s SVL Developers explain webOS TV.Video.

LG`s SunnyValle Lab Developers explain the objective and features of the LG`s webOS Smart TV recently unveiled at CES 2014.

They explain the 3S: Simple Connection, Simple Switching and Simple Discovery. From the Press Release:

Simple to Connect, Easy to Use.

The webOS platform, which will be implemented in more than 70 percent of LG’s Smart TVs in 2014, greatly simplifies the smart TV experience. Its ease-of-use makes content searching and viewing, connecting with other devices, and even the initial setup process incredibly smooth. The first time the user turns on the webOS-enabled LG Smart TV, an animated character named BeanBird appears onscreen to help get connected and walk the use through the setup process. All the viewer has to do is shake the Magic Remote or press the OK button to receive further advice from the winged virtual facilitator. webOS can instantly recognize when and what kind of external device has been plugged into the TV and brings up a pop-up menu listing all relevant options for the user to choose from.

Instant Access and Easy Content Switching.

The new Launcher, a left-to-right scrollable menu that runs along the lower portion of the screen is one of the most distinctive features of webOS. The Launcher makes it possible to switch between broadcast TV, smart TV content and media stored on external devices without having to return to the Home screen. It allows the viewer to simultaneously watch a show, play a game or browse the internet while searching or downloading other content. What’s more, Live Menu, which can be opened while viewing the TV, keeps the search, recommendation and channel options within easy reach.

Content Discovery Made Simple.

The webOS development team in LG’s Silicon Valley Lab created the unique Today menu as a one-stop content recommendation service, suggesting popular TV shows, programs that have been missed as well as full-feature movies. Running horizontally along the center of the screen, the Today bar can also be scrolled up or down via the Magic Remote wheel to reveal more exciting viewing options.

LG’s webOS also offers access to the LG Store’s comprehensive collection of apps. The LG Store lets users browse the most-viewed and most-downloaded items available from across the Smart TV platform, including broadcast TV programs and the latest games. The logically organized categories, which include 3D content, games and movies, employ thumbnail images for fast and convenient selection of content.
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by eKeith, HelloNNNewman, Pilotovef and 4 others like this.
Old 02/03/2014, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Click on the YouTube link just above the picture or here if you want to "like it":
LG`s SVLab Developers explain LG`s webOS Smart TV objective and features. - YouTube
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2014, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Yet they fail to tell us when they will be available. I WANT ONE NOW!
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2014, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
News Contributor

LG have to launch those webOS TVs ASAP or will lose the buzz.
Thanked By: usafandersons
Old 02/03/2014, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
LG have to launch those webOS TVs ASAP or will lose the buzz.
I hate to say, but a TV launch it isn't much fanfare or buzz....Even though I like WebOS but this TV announcement just it isn't much to talk about. Im sure that those television that are categorized as smart TV, will be so expensive that many will be left out and without consumers willing to spend $3,000 to $4,000 dollars on them WebOS will be limited on the market.

For me I want an smartphone more than ever (because my Palm's Pre 3, its getting very long in the tooth), not silly televisions from LG that in my household has very limited use to buy a smart TV due to the fact(while Im looking to buy a new TV) smart TV aren't much an attraction to me. Mostly I have plugged into my TV an Apple TV/ Microsoft Xbox One/ Smart Blue-ray player with apps like Netflix, Slacker radio and Pandora...that's all the smartness of my TV can get...so no need for LG TV's(sorry thats simply my opinion)...maybe in the future these smart television will be available(owned) in every household much like 1080p HD TV are right now, but today smartTV seems like a fad
Old 02/03/2014, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
I hate to say, but a TV launch it isn't much fanfare or buzz....Even though I like WebOS but this TV announcement just it isn't much to talk about. Im sure that those television that are categorized as smart TV, will be so expensive that many will be left out and without consumers willing to spend $3,000 to $4,000 dollars on them WebOS will be limited on the market.

For me I want an smartphone more than ever (because my Palm's Pre 3, its getting very long in the tooth), not silly televisions from LG that in my household has very limited use to buy a smart TV due to the fact(while Im looking to buy a new TV) smart TV aren't much an attraction to me. Mostly I have plugged into my TV an Apple TV/ Microsoft Xbox One/ Smart Blue-ray player with apps like Netflix, Slacker radio and Pandora...that's all the smartness of my TV can get...so no need for LG TV's(sorry thats simply my opinion)...maybe in the future these smart television will be available(owned) in every household much like 1080p HD TV are right now, but today smartTV seems like a fad
It is OK what you just said, some persons just like the TV and not an Smart TV, as well.

I have the feeling LG will not wait to have a tremendous demand of smart webOS TVs in order to make LG webOS smartphones , they will make them anytime.