webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Video: What are LG`s plans for webOS?
Video: What are LG`s plans for webOS?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By akitayo
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 3 Post By akitayo
  • 2 Post By eblade

Old 01/31/2014, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

Video: What are LG`s plans for webOS?

This video I just edited and it is a complement to before information:

Bae-Geun Kang, Head of TV software development details the plans LG have for webOS in the near future:

"LG Smart TV with webOS platform will become the core device that connects all your electronic appliances in your home. We plan to operate this OS in other devices as well to improve connectivity, making content sharing easier and more intelligent.

It will allow smarter services by converging advanced webOS technologies for users in the near future."

On a before post Samuel Chang, Corporate VP, Division Head of LG Silicon Valley Lab [webOS] and Smart TV Innovation at LGE:

"We want webOS to like to bring other products, says Chang. All devices that connect to the internet are one possible option"

According to LG , HP not success with webOS was because the hardware not because of the software.
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp and MAMISHO like this.
Thanked by ArchonAdvisors, Rnp
Old 01/31/2014, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

The speculation will never end it seems. Good find! You should write for pivotCE!

Of course he could mean the webOS Toaster is right around the corner...
Liked by boovish likes this.
Old 03/02/2014, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
The speculation will never end it seems. Good find! You should write for pivotCE!

On home appliances and mobiles, as well
Old 03/15/2014, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

After the years of hardened hopelessness for webOS, this is some good news I am having a hard time to get excited about. But seeing that the actual thought of webOS synergy of device is still around is shockingly amazing! It put a smile on my face.
Old 03/15/2014, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
After the years of hardened hopelessness for webOS, this is some good news I am having a hard time to get excited about. But seeing that the actual thought of webOS synergy of device is still around is shockingly amazing! It put a smile on my face.
The hope for everyone around since it was Palm, for LG powered webOS smartphone still strong out there and I am sure this time is for good . Late 2014 or early 2015 at CES is my bet for the first devices and I keep my smile for that too.

Liked by ArchonAdvisors, jrb363 and MartinH@webos like this.
Old 03/17/2014, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post

I would totally buy that.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ArchonAdvisors and MartinH@webos like this.
Old 03/17/2014, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I would totally buy that.
Actually I need a new Toaster right now. And next I need a new phone and then a 7 inch tablet to GO.

GO webOS GO !
MartinH@webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2014, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Is this the start of something BIG????? I hope so, I am ready for some unbelievable NEW and EXCITING STUFF!!!
jteply13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2014, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteply13 View Post
Is this the start of something BIG????? I hope so, I am ready for some unbelievable NEW and EXCITING STUFF!!!
Yes it is, stay tuned.