webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Who are the consumers in question?
Who are the consumers in question?
Like Tree5Likes

Old 01/08/2014, 06:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
I'm seriously thinking about this...

I have a Sony box for Google TV and would ditch that for a smart TV - if it plays out correctly. By the time these hit in the US we will know a lot more. AppWorld next month will bring a slew of news about what content is going along for the ride.

My particular problem is - will they make a webOS TV in the smaller size I need for my space. Around 32-40" would be optimal
I'm thinking about it too. I get promoted in April and my wife has been bugging me about what I want as a celebratory present. I'm thinking this might fit the bill. As far as size is concerned I think something in the 50s would be about right for my space. But 4k is bleeding edge...aka expensive!
Liked by Buddy1969 likes this.
Thanked By: Buddy1969
Old 01/08/2014, 09:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

I use a projector in living room, I'm sure they will have similar tech for projectors, so I'll check it out when the time comes. Speech and hand gestures could come in handy for times when I can't find the remote

But more or less any purchase will be to support webos like how I bought a touchpad knowing I'm not a tablet guy, but had to have it because it had something to do with palm. Question is will they ever produce a phone that I would want to buy. If they make something that's barely recognizable as a webos phone would I want it or just give up

I suspect that the chances of seeing a new phone that works like my pre2 are almost zero, but that's what I want. The horror
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2014, 09:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
I'm thinking about it too. I get promoted in April and my wife has been bugging me about what I want as a celebratory present. I'm thinking this might fit the bill. As far as size is concerned I think something in the 50s would be about right for my space. But 4k is bleeding edge...aka expensive!
Doesn't have to be 4K. Maybe webOS will be on an HD set.
Old 01/09/2014, 12:40 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
I suspect that the chances of seeing a new phone that works like my pre2 are almost zero, but that's what I want. The horror
this is what i want too. it doesn't look like it's coming. which makes me wonder, what else can be done? how do we build a Pre4 at home? Can a Pre3 be retrofitted with LTE receivers? Can the known bugs be isolated and eliminated? Can the software be brought up to date to maintain the usual synergy connections and browser functionality?

nevermind how long HP servers will be up. i'd like step by step instructions to put LTE gear in a Pre3 and a metadoctor to bring it to 2.3.0 at least. c'mon. how much will this cost?
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2014, 01:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You can make a Touchpad 4G/Go do proper 4G, Pre3 will be more challenging if not impossible :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Last edited by Herrie; 01/09/2014 at 09:48 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2014, 09:09 AM   #26 (permalink)

Is there any chance that it will be possible to upgrade/update the current LG smart TV's to webos? I am in the market for a new TV and want to get it before my superbowl party in a couple of weeks. There are some good deals on the both current LG and Samsung smart TV's and if there is a possibility of getting webos down the road, that would give LG an advantage.
yancem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2014, 11:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yancem View Post
Is there any chance that it will be possible to upgrade/update the current LG smart TV's to webos? I am in the market for a new TV and want to get it before my superbowl party in a couple of weeks. There are some good deals on the both current LG and Samsung smart TV's and if there is a possibility of getting webos down the road, that would give LG an advantage.
I've not heard anything to indicate there will be a port of webOSTV to existing LG TV models. So far as I can tell they made significant upgrades to the processor and RAM for the webOSTV platform to run as smooth as it does.

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote