1.    #1  
    The first TFLN client for WebOS!

Based off of FMLshake:
    Just shake your device or tap the logo to read a random story from Text From Last Night.

Link
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (31.8 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (29.4 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (31.8 KB, 22 views)
    Going to be honest... don't see why you don't just bundle this with FML? Maybe have the drop down menu select the service to use. Less cluttered the Pre is the better.
  3.    #3  
    I thought about going this route but I personaly only use fml. Not tfln,mlia, etc. When I'm done with the whole series, I have a all in one app planned similar to how you mentioned. Don't think of it as clutter, think of it as options. Those who want all can get the whole suite, those who want only one thing, have that option as well.

But thanks for the feedback, I'll think over it a little more.
    I actually like that idea too. I'd rather have TFLN, FML, MLIA, etc all in one app letting me switch between them.

On a related note, I'm still getting the "Access Denied" error when I try and click on the link above, and Preware is not showing this yet. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    sooo. where can i get this?
  6.    #6  
    It is still waiting PreCentral's approval. I have no idea why they are taking so long. lol

Here is a link in the mean time:
    Link
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Ozmodiar; 12/01/2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    thanx
    I really like the update that allows me to send these to my friends via SMS or email.
  10.    #10  
    Well thanks! I actually have an improved method for the shake functionality that I will be uploading shortly.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Can you add an option to turn the shake off? I would rather just touch a "next" button.

On a related note, how about making the spacebar an additional "next" button?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    Just tap the logo instead.
    Honestly, I don't like how that is setup. The way I hold the Pre in my hand, it would feel much more natural to click a button in the bottom left corner, opposite of where the SMS/email share button is. I don't like reaching all the way up to the top of the screen.

And I would love it if you could include a toggle to turn off the shake to advance. Too often I find my self accidentally advancing to the next item before I'm done reading the current one. Also, I think it would be a nice alternative to be able to use the spacebar to advance to the next item as well.
  13.    #14  
    Hmm, I'll look into it. Mostly I use the logo button, when I am reading them horizontally.

I also have an improved shake method that should get rid of the multiple load problem.

Please make sure you have version: 0.1.95 for the improved shake method.
  14.    #15  
    TFLNshake landed in the app catalog today. It costs $.99 and does not have any advertisements. I will keep the ad supported version available on PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    All in one app would rock, but love the apps so far.
    funny, funny, funny
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My version of the app keeps stating "Maintenance Mode." What's up with that? Does it have anything to do with the changes made to the TFLN parent site? Will that change at all?
  18.    #19  
    Yes, the way the app parses the TFLNs broke with their new design. A full fix is in the works, right now the texts are less "pretty" than before.
    you should add the picture version that the iphone has. that would be awesome