Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Beerology 101 is the new version of Beerology.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/beerology

Beerology 101 allows you to browse through countless beers, see detailed information on the beer such as ABV Calories Carbs Style Color Origin Brewery etc...

Send beers to friends via SMS.
    Rate beers you've tried.
    Read/write reviews for all beers.
    Add beers to your favorites list.
    Based on your weight/gender calculate how much of a beer you can consume.
    Find new beers from all over the world.
    Add your favorite beers so others can enjoy.

All beer information is stored server-side. Beerology's database updates every time you start the program.

This version will expire in November.

Known Issues:
    Checkmarks do not save. FIXED
    Favorites do not show up. FIXED
    Filterlist on the main list does not work. FIXED

Other Notes:
    Most beers do not have reviews and ratings yet.
    The more users rate/review, the more useful Beerology can become.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It would be cool to see the ratings of each beer in the list as you are browsing.

It is kind of hard to read the black font of the named beers with a background like you have.
    Looking and Dos Equis XX. the box for beer info is not formatted correctly. write first review is falling out of the baox an Tasted check box is hanging on the right side of the box.

It looks as if that the 2.5 stars (the ratings cell) is pushing the tasted/review cell.
    love the idea behind it - can't wait to see future versions
    Now this is an app I can really get into. I volunteer to start testing and reviewing product!
    Hi I'm a pretty big beer advocate and been looking for a app on the pre to satisfy my hobby. I like the direction this app is going I just have a couple things I think you should add.

When adding a beer there should more style's listed instead of just Ale, Lager, Stout, Ports. You should add the other styles to make it more detailed. I don't know how hard it will be to do this but I think the app would benfit more and educate people more on what there drinking. Heres a link of the different beer styles

Beer Styles - BeerAdvocate

My next suggestion would be a way to also search for the beer your looking for if you know what the name is. Like for example " I load the app and see the beers I want to find Spaten Opitmator so I type it and it brings up the beer or if it can't find it have it says can't find it would you like to add this beer. Basically the same way you search for apps by typing them in the App Catalog.

Also maybe a way to upload a picture of the beer to put in with the beer. That you could upload from your phone. That would just be a nice touch .

Anyways thats my 2cents keep up the good work scott! My reviewers name on the App is JZBeerman
    great once they get the fav's and tasted problems fixed
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Love the concept, the database is woefully inadequate though.

IMO, to be worthwhile, it really needs to tap into a much much much more comprehensive database (i.e. Beer Advocate).

As acidic15 said, there needs to be more categories. I suggest using the BJCP ones.

It would also be nice to have information like IBUs, OG and FG, variety of hops, variety of malts etc.

Nobody who likes good beer gives a crap about carbs and calories, and if you don't like good beer, a program like this is useless because you already know all there is to know about Bud Light.

It would also be nice to group beers by brewery, and a location aware feature that notifies you of nearby brewpubs, breweries, beer stores or highly rated regional beer you haven't tried yet (or tried but want again) would be awesome.

I'd also love to see a wishlist for beers I want to try but haven't yet.
    I disagree. I like good beer and I care about calories. What I don't give a crap about is the variety of hops, malts, etc. I don't want to make the beer, I just want to drink it.

This will be a great app as you add more beers and add search features. I agree with acidic15 that more types would be nice. Maybe even the ability to list beers by type like the web site acidic15 provided.

Thanks for making this app!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I disagree. I like good beer and I care about calories. What I don't give a crap about is the variety of hops, malts, etc. I don't want to make the beer, I just want to drink it.

This will be a great app as you add more beers and add search features. I agree with acidic15 that more types would be nice. Maybe even the ability to list beers by type like the web site acidic15 provided.

Thanks for making this app!
    Beer connoisseurs generally do give a crap about the variety of hops and malts. Not caring is like having a salad and not caring about the type of veggies and salad dressing that goes on it but still saying that you like good salads.

And you're far more likely to find that information than you will the amount of carbs and calories for most beers that aren't mass marketed.
  11.    #11  
    Version 0.6.2 Released.

Small update:
    Added BJCP styles.
    Fixed various styling issues.
    Fixed Add a Beer ABV bug.
    Cleaned up code.
    Backend work.

I am still trying to work out the filterlist, favorites and taste features.

Thanks to everyone who is submitting Beers and/or Reviews! I try to approve beers as quickly as possible.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    Version 0.6.2 Released.

Small update:
    Added BJCP styles.
    Fixed various styling issues.
    Fixed Add a Beer ABV bug.
    Cleaned up code.
    Backend work.

I am still trying to work out the filterlist, favorites and taste features.

Thanks to everyone who is submitting Beers and/or Reviews! I try to approve beers as quickly as possible.
    I'm only seeing a handful of BJCP styles. Am I missing something?
    I really like this app! Just took it shopping with me and added a new beer to the list. I intend to have lots of fun with this
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    I'm only seeing a handful of BJCP styles. Am I missing something?
    I chose, at least for now, to only include the main categories found here:
    BJCP 2008 Style Guidelines - Index

If the desire increases, I'll gladly add all the styles found here:
    http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf

I don't want to have too many choices for the user as it may seem overwhelming scrolling through the countless styles.

Feedback?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    I chose, at least for now, to only include the main categories found here:
    BJCP 2008 Style Guidelines - Index

If the desire increases, I'll gladly add all the styles found here:
    http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf

I don't want to have too many choices for the user as it may seem overwhelming scrolling through the countless styles.

Feedback?
    Maybe be able to have subcategories? There's a big difference between an American Pale Ale and an American Brown Ale, or a Dry Stout and a Russian Imperial Stout, even though they are in the same broader category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Beer connoisseurs generally do give a crap about the variety of hops and malts. Not caring is like having a salad and not caring about the type of veggies and salad dressing that goes on it but still saying that you like good salads.

And you're far more likely to find that information than you will the amount of carbs and calories for most beers that aren't mass marketed.
    Ditto!
    I think this app could be great with a couple changes.

My biggest gripe is the way the list starts. There needs to be a more filtered version. Like- have the main page have an a-h I-p q-z to sort the beers by. It takes a long time to get to Stone IPA, for example.

Another sugesstion is to somehow link this to Beer Advocate for ratings and more detailed infromation.

Just my thoughts.
    I love the App considering I'm a craft beer distributor. I would like to see a couple things added. One is beer availability, a lot of the beers we sell are available only at certain times of the year, therefore the app won't send someone looking for something that's not available at the time. The check marks were mentioned and would be a good fix. Another would be to give users the ability to log in. That could show users how many people are logged in. That could also show who added the content that is being viewed. I don't believe that would be a problem considering the additions are approved before they're added. I could think of a lot more but this post is becoming too long. I'll hit back later. I'm very glad to see the update, and hope to see more. Thanks!
    Also, there needs to be an "IPA" category added.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeusinger View Post
    I love the App considering I'm a craft beer distributor. I would like to see a couple things added. One is beer availability, a lot of the beers we sell are available only at certain times of the year, therefore the app won't send someone looking for something that's not available at the time. The check marks were mentioned and would be a good fix. Another would be to give users the ability to log in. That could show users how many people are logged in. That could also show who added the content that is being viewed. I don't believe that would be a problem considering the additions are approved before they're added. I could think of a lot more but this post is becoming too long. I'll hit back later. I'm very glad to see the update, and hope to see more. Thanks!
    Maybe a seasonal option? There are really only a few options there:
    Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Oktoberfest...can't really think of any others.

Maybe also a "limited release" option for one off beers, or beers with a "vintage" (Dark Lord, for example).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast