Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    this is a great app. i stay in the dfw area and we have a new drink out called called FOUR LOKO 12.0% ABV malt liquor beverage. Whenever you update the app again consider this. website name drinkfour.com
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Nice app. Is there a way that you can add a way to track expiration dates? I know different brewers use different dates codes. For example Anheuser-Busch uses DD MMM YYYY and the Model Family uses an eight character code. Sometimes I want to try a new brew and don't because I don't know their code date system. I don't want to buy something that is beyond it's shelf life.

Of course only requesting package beer since draught had a different shelf life and most of us don't stand at the grocery store with a keg in our basket.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Would love to see beer ratings incorporated. Any chance you could scrape info from RateBeer.com?
    that would be sweet
    I like your app. But I agree about wanting to be able to mark beers I have tried, and any way to get/make reviews of the beers is also good.

Another great feature would be to suggest other beers you may like based on the ones you like. You kind of have to know a lot about every beer to do that though... but if you can tap some of those other resources people have mentioned, that may be a way.
    Perfect app! I even brew my own beer
    Yeah this is an awesome app. I am on a diet so it is good to know what I am consuming when I go out. You have a good amount of beer. I personally would like to see Rogue brewery beers added as well as Left Hand Brewery beers and August Schell Brewery. Thank you!!
    May I make a suggestion that adding information such as:

Style of beer: Lager, hefeweizen, Flemish Red Ale...etc.

Ingredients used: Type of Malt, wheat, rice....

Or Type of Hops: Columbus, Centennial, Cascade...etc.
    Darcy's Law: Q=KA (dh/dl)
    Quite excellent! I love the inclusion of Flying Dog . I'd like to second others' requests to add beers directly to the program, but it's not crucial.

Two suggestions: When you rearrange the icon in the Pre launcher window, the icon image is nearly full-screen during the move, making it difficult to determine where it's being placed. Secondly, I like the name beerology, but if you want to change what about something like BrauHaus (Brew House), or maybe a little closer to the idea of homebrew you could call it HeimBrau or something. Anyway, great app.
    Just thought of another one: Beerocracy
    Where are all of the Belgium beer's at!? come on man! That would be a great list all on its own!
    Just to name a few!
    1. Chimay
    2. Lindamans lambic, the whole selection!
    3. Sassion DuPont, the whole selection!
    4. St. Bernardus, the whole selection!
    5. Unibroue, the whole selection that they have! Made in Canada
    6. Atomium
    7. Duvel

If you want to check out a bar that has all the beer listed here plus lots more just use this link & check out the selection that they have! [url=http://www.hopleaf.com]Hopleaf Bar

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope that this App gets a update that includes this style of beer! have a good day! Protons,electrons always cause explosions....PEACE!!!
    Last edited by nems6t9; 09/04/2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nems6t9 View Post
    Where are all of the Belgium beer's at!? come on man! That would be a great list all on its own!
    Just to name a few!
    1. Chimay
    2. Lindamans lambic, the whole selection!
    3. Sassion DuPont, the whole selection!
    4. St. Bernardus, the whole selection!
    5. Unibroue, the whole selection that they have!
    6. Atomium
    7. Duvel

If you want to check out a bar that has all the beer listed here plus lots more just use this link & check out the selection that they have! Hopleaf Bar

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope that this App gets a update that includes this style of beer! have a good day! Protons,electrons always cause explosions....PEACE!!!
    Now that's a list! don't forget Delirium Tremens, no more fizzy yellow beer!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  13.    #53  
    So I need some feedback on the next release of Beerology.

I have considered incorporating reviews of beers, but I am unsure of how to pursue it.

Would users rather have a button to open up a link to a review or would users rather have me set up my old database for reviews with the added ability to review beers from the program?

Standalone reviews would be nice, but the reviews would be signifigantly lacking at first which is why I am cautious.

Opinions please?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    So I need some feedback on the next release of Beerology.

I have considered incorporating reviews of beers, but I am unsure of how to pursue it.

Would users rather have a button to open up a link to a review or would users rather have me set up my old database for reviews with the added ability to review beers from the program?

Standalone reviews would be nice, but the reviews would be signifigantly lacking at first which is why I am cautious.

Opinions please?
    I would definitely prefer not being linked out to the reviews; but either way is fine by me. Love this app! Thanks
    Thanks for the app. My only suggestions would be to add a link to or add a description or the different beer. I'd also like to see Smithwick's on there...

Thanks,

jebwick
    love the appp. Awesome.rather than complain about the lack of beers, I'm submitting content. My question is when I rate a beer or mark that I've had it, it is not saved. When I go back to the beer, the check box is empty again.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123