Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Dude that long reply is asking for a reply and its killing the thread. Why didn't you just say, yea lets just agree to disagree.

    I thought it was a snotty reply also, so thats 2 people saying it. Maybe you need to consider that you may have worded it wrong and even though your intentions wasn't negative your wording could have made it seem so.

    Anyway, lets please move on. Handle that via PM.

    So any word on adding that share function I stated earlier ?
  2. #22  
    Socca, I'm very sorry that your thread has gotten so sidetracked. If you'd like to request of the mods that my posts here be removed, I will back you up. Hopefully all who have participated in this argument will do the same.

    In the mean time, we are where we are, and I do feel compelled to respond to a few comments. This will be my last entry in this thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Your use of terms such as "this app fails" naturally leads one to interpret your intentions as less than respectful.
    How so? When something doesn't do what it's supposed to do, it has failed at doing it. In this case, the app's title and description suggested it would present true information, but it didn't. So it failed.

    In the three and a half decades I've been on this planet, I've never seen, heard, or otherwise experienced the word "fail" to be an insult. I really don't see what the big deal is here. Is your definition of the word perhaps different from the norm?


    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Dude that long reply is asking for a reply and its killing the thread. Why didn't you just say, yea lets just agree to disagree.
    Four paragraphs is long? Your own post must have been "long" as well then, because it was also four paragraphs.

    As for "asking for a reply", I'm not sure where you're getting that. Just the opposite, I invited the other person NOT to reply. Apparently, you missed that part?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I thought it was a snotty reply also, so thats 2 people saying it.
    Really? It was "snotty" to tell someone I'm sorry to hear they don't believe what I have to say? Tell me, would it have been better if I had gone on the defensive, and made a fight of it? Come on.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Maybe you need to consider that you may have worded it wrong and even though your intentions wasn't negative your wording could have made it seem so.
    Yes, of course I've considered that. It's plainly obvious that that's what happened. What I don't understand is how.

    One person seems to have been offended by the word "fail", which is completely baffling.

    Another seems to have a problem with my use of the phrase, "urban myths and playground riddles". I can only assume that this person is unaware that "elephants can't jump" is an extremely common occurrence in both those circles.

    An additional point of contention seems to be that I dared express my own opinion in stating that I personally don't see much value in an app that doesn't present reliable truth. I've refrained from saying this up until now, but I find the implication that I should be somehow less than entitled to express my own opinion to be more than a little offensive. It's not an insult for a person to say that something is not of value to him or her, be it an app, or anything else.

    Look, anyone who does value the app is free and welcome to offer their own point of view, as some already have. Different people like and dislike different things, and that's great. I haven't told anyone they're wrong to like the app. I'd appreciate the same courtesy.


    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Anyway, lets please move on. Handle that via PM.
    If you feel it should have been taken to PM, why didn't you follow your own advice, rather than keep it going here, as you did? If you truly believed my "long post", as you put it, was "killing the thread", wouldn't the best strategy for you to have been not to respond to it here?

    In any case, you're right that we should move on. If anyone else feels my review did not give this app a fair shake, there's nothing stopping you from writing your own, more positive, review. You can even write your own review of my review, if you feel you must, and you can "throw me under the bus", or "disrespect me", or whatever else might make you feel better, all you want. Just do it somewhere other than here. Continuing to pollute poor Socca's thread with stuff is simply not fair.



    Socca, as I said, if you want to ask the mods to clean up this thread, I'll offer any assistance I can. I'll leave it up to you whether you want to initiate the process or not. It's your thread.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 08/14/2009 at 12:35 AM.
  3. #23  
    Dude your doing it again.

    I said its asking for a reply because when you say all those things, one will be obligated to reply. Its like your trying to get your last words in and then say you don't have to reply, come on.

    Yes snotty because your choice of words. "Apparently, you missed that part?" another example of a slick snotty way of saying something.

    Don't make it out to be "I shouldn't express my opinion now". No one said that, we are saying you need to find a better way of expressing your opinion. That is all we are saying, many of us feel your wording was disrespectful.

    I replied to show you that its not just one person who found you post disrespectful and maybe just maybe you would say "I probably did word it wrong, because more than one person feels this way", and you would just reply I would watch how I say things in the future and move on.

    Your post is defensive.

    say what you want, this is my last reply.



    Will there be a revamp of the interface? I think the app can use a face lift.
  4.    #24  
    I am looking into making the application more "pre" styled as well as the ability to share the "fact" via sms/email/facebook/twitter.

    Thanks everyone for the diverse reviews.

    Total Fun Facts generated: 36671
  5. #25  
    I have another Idea.

    How about the ability to save your fav fun facts. Like a bookmark function.
  6. uminchu's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    I am looking into making the application more "pre" styled as well as the ability to share the "fact" via sms/email/facebook/twitter.

    Thanks everyone for the diverse reviews.

    Total Fun Facts generated: 36671
    I like the sharing option, and I think bookmarking is also a good idea. More pre-styled sounds interesting; I'm curious as to what you have in mind. In any case, I like and appreciate your app.
  7. #27  
    Is this app still being supported?
  8.    #28  
    This version, is not being supported any longer. I have put most of my time into other projects. I am looking to make a new version of FunFacts though.

    Ideas for features still remain:
    Send via sms/email
    bookmarking
    and possibly being able to add your own facts though I am unsure how this would work without leading to spam.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions