Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/fmlw

This is just a simple application that pulls from the Mobile version of FML.

FML is short for F*** My Life: a website with short stories about how the contributers life sucks.

Origin Site: http://www.fmylife.com/

I like this setup so I can add it to the launcher.

Any feedback will be considered.
    Last edited by socca1157; 08/12/2009 at 11:10 AM.
    going to test it out tomorrow
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/fmlw

This is just a simple application that pulls from the Mobile version of FML.

I like this setup so I can add it to the launcher.

Any feedback will be considered.
    I read this post. I went to the page you linked to and read that. I read the text in the screen shot. I still do not know what "FML" is. When you are presenting an application description, you need to actually describe it in great detail. Users who do not know will simply skip it and go to the next app.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ^+1
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Would be nice to have a native app using the api that FML has.

FML API Documentation (Page 1) - The API - Beta&Cie
    You can add it to the launcher directly from the web browser app, no need to create an app that goes to the website.
    First off, it is definitely a great app, I spent a long time laying in bed reading the funny FML stories. A couple things I noticed were:

1) When pressing the "Previous" or "Next" link, the link does not highlight to let you know that you have pressed it. Instead, when you press "Next" or "Previous" the refresh button goes completely blank letting you know that the next page is loading and then returns to a normal looking refresh button when finished loading the next page of FML stories, but leaves you at the bottom of the page..

2) When I scroll to the very bottom of any page of stories I see 2 sets of identical advertisements and about half of the very first story of that particular page.

Either way these are minor things and I love the app, just providing some feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    I read this post. I went to the page you linked to and read that. I read the text in the screen shot. I still do not know what "FML" is. When you are presenting an application description, you need to actually describe it in great detail. Users who do not know will simply skip it and go to the next app.

Google says: FML: Your everyday life stories. Perhaps NSFW.
    I had to google it last night to find it -- found it on yahoo answers.

***** my life is what FML stands for.

You learn something new every day.
  10.    #10  
    @Fishous: Thanks for the advice, I should of been more descriptive, but it was getting late.

@atlanta: I've read over their API, but I still like their mobile version the best.

@KallDrexx: Thanks for the tip, I had been working in the emulator, I've only had the actual Pre for two days now.

@SpankDaCamel4Me: I'll look into improving the links, the advertisements at the bottom are actually from FML's site.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    never heard of FML but I'm glad I do know LMAO....love this site.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    LOLbox already has this...
    But i like TFLN (Texts From Last Night) way more. Maybe some of you app creators could try to come up with an app or TFLN. I know you can just add a bookmark to your launcher but it still just goes to the website and uses your internet connection, which may not be too strong depending on where you are at the time. I think an app like the iPhone has would be more fun.
  14.    #14  
    I actually just found another similar site a few minutes ago: Makes Me Think - MMT - Today's Thought-Provoking Life Stories

Do you have any links to the iphone app mentioned above?
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio722 View Post
    But i like TFLN (Texts From Last Night) way more. Maybe some of you app creators could try to come up with an app or TFLN. I know you can just add a bookmark to your launcher but it still just goes to the website and uses your internet connection, which may not be too strong depending on where you are at the time. I think an app like the iPhone has would be more fun.
    I don't mean to thread hijack or anything, but LOLBox has TFLN too

I like the look of the web mobile version... It looks more clean than my app.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    This is a great app. First seen it on LOLbox, but I like having it in its own dedicated app better.

Couple things I notice:
    1. It says to click the logo to show the menu, but that just takes you to the bottom "more random" link.
    2. sometimes the full page doesn't load so the link at the bottom isn't visible, and the refresh button doesn't work. So I'm forced to close the app.

I read this is the mobile version, but is there any way possible to be able to comment on the posts, or even post my own?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    This is just what I need for a quick laugh. Thanks.
  18.    #18  
    @bdubbx: I like having by itself as well. I am currently looking into the api to allow more features and control of the app.
    What happened to this app? It does not work anymore. It takes you to an advertisement site now.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ya what's up with the app???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast