webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  juxtaflux > Hack Tracks drum machine "open alpha" is now freely available
Hack Tracks drum machine "open alpha" is now freely available
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SirGnip

Old 02/28/2012, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

The alpha build of Hack Tracks is now available! Tap on this link from your TouchPad. (Note: Please use the TouchPad's stock web browser. I've had reports that 3rd party browsers will not open the App Catalog properly from the link.) The App Catalog will automatically be launched and you can install Hack Tracks from there. Because this is a test version of the app, you will not be able to search the app catalog for Hack Tracks and download it. It is only available from the link above. If you have any feedback, please post it to this forum. If you post feedback to the App Catalog, I will have no way of responding to you.

A few bits of info...
  • So, I know the app is incomplete. What features does the app desperately need to have added? Send me your feedback! Post feature requests and bug reports to this thread in the juxtaflux sub-forum.
  • You use this "alpha" version of Hack Tracks at your own risk. An "alpha build" means the software is incomplete and buggy. There are missing features. The app may crash. You may loose data. Any data files you create in this version of the app may not work with future versions of the app.
  • The app currently has a very high CPU utilization, even when it is minimized.
  • This testing version of the app is full featured. But, I have the app "freeze" after 10 minutes of use (it saves your work). You can repeatedly relaunch the app for another 10 minutes of use. This restriction will not be present in the paid version of the app.

Here is a link that has basic instructions on how to use Hack Tracks.

Enjoy the app! I know I have! Now, go lay down some nice grooves!
-Scott

Hack Tracks "alpha" Revision History:
v 00.01.06 (04/10/2012)
- Added ability to control channel volume
- Added ability to mute and solo channels
v 00.01.05 (03/27/2012)
- Fixed inability to launch app
- Moved BPM and Shuffle widgets closer to center of screen to give them more room for the horizontal drag
v 00.01.04 (03/27/2012)
- NOTE: this version had a bug that would not allow the app to launch
- Dragging and multitouch input added to Pattern Editor
- BPM and Shuffle widgets now support tap-and-drag to edit value and tap-and-hold to reset value to default
- Added title screen
v 00.01.03 (3/3/2012)
- Extend testing time from 5 to 10 minutes
- Reduce CPU usage when app is not in foreground
v 00.01.02 (2/28/2012)
- Initial public release
- AudioScape: play drums, piano, guitar and sound effects
- Twitter: @juxtaflux Web: http://www.juxtaflux.com

Last edited by SirGnip; 04/10/2012 at 07:46 PM.
SirGnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cujoq37 and sledge007 like this.
Thanked By: sledge007
Old 02/29/2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

I got it to work. I remembered that if you have Advanced Browser Set As Default patch installed, these links do not work properly. I removed the patch, and just downloaded the app.
Old 03/27/2012, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

A new update (v 00.01.04) has been released today. See revision history in first post for details.
Old 03/27/2012, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Can't get if from Australia?
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Can't get if from Australia?
Hmm... That's odd. I'll take a look and see what I can find out. The app submission site seems to be saying that it is available for all countries (incl Australia) What error messages do you get when you go to the link? I released the new version this afternoon, so maybe it hasn't updated across all countries yet?
Old 03/27/2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGnip View Post
Hmm... That's odd. I'll take a look and see what I can find out. The app submission site seems to be saying that it is available for all countries (incl Australia) What error messages do you get when you go to the link? I released the new version this afternoon, so maybe it hasn't updated across all countries yet?
Australia is not in the country dropdown of of the web Catalog linked in the OP. (shows version 0.1.4)

Last edited by johncc; 03/27/2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03/27/2012, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Australia is not in the country dropdown of of the web Catalog linked in the OP. (shows version 0.1.4)
If I visit the link at the top of this thread from my desktop PC, you are right. I don't see Australia in the Country dropdown at the left. But, the link is really for use on the TouchPad, not a desktop PC. Have you tried clicking on the link from your TouchPad? If you do that, it should automatically open up the App Catalog and you can install the Hack Tracks app from there like any other free app. Version 0.1.4 is the newest available version. Let me know if you're still having problems.
Old 03/27/2012, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
If I visit the link at the top of this thread from my desktop PC, you are right. I don't see Australia in the Country dropdown at the left. But, the link is really for use on the TouchPad, not a desktop PC. Have you tried clicking on the link from your TouchPad? If you do that, it should automatically open up the App Catalog and you can install the Hack Tracks app from there like any other free app. Version 0.1.4 is the newest available version. Let me know if you're still having problems.
I was doing it on my Touchpad. I get the same online Catalog as when using a desktop browser. And although I managed to get it to download and install using Impostah, it didn't work. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 03/27/2012, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm looking into what the issue could be. Would you be able to email (juxtafluxHelp@gmail.com) or PM me your log file?
Old 03/27/2012, 10:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm looking into what the issue could be. Would you be able to email (juxtafluxHelp@gmail.com) or PM me your log file?
Which file?
Old 03/27/2012, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Which file?
The main log file is at /var/log/messages (if you know how to use unix on your TouchPad). Or, you can use a homebrew logging app like "Lumberjack" to get info out of the system log file. If you aren't able to do either of those, don't worry about it. I have a suspicion what the error could be and I'm working on submitting the fix to the App Catalog right now. I'll let you know when it has been submitted.
Old 03/27/2012, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

I submitted a new version to the App Catalog (0.1.5) which should fix the problems where the app was not launching properly. So, you can get the update either from the Software Manager app, or visit the link at the top of this thread on your TouchPad. Please let me know if this fixes your issue. Thanks for your patience!
Old 03/27/2012, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
The main log file is at /var/log/messages (if you know how to use unix on your TouchPad). Or, you can use a homebrew logging app like "Lumberjack" to get info out of the system log file. If you aren't able to do either of those, don't worry about it. I have a suspicion what the error could be and I'm working on submitting the fix to the App Catalog right now. I'll let you know when it has been submitted.
email sent
Old 03/28/2012, 01:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

I was able to load and run 0.1.5 using Impostah. Thanks
Old 03/28/2012, 07:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
I got it to work. I remembered that if you have Advanced Browser Set As Default patch installed, these links do not work properly. I removed the patch, and just downloaded the app.
Quote:
I submitted a new version to the App Catalog (0.1.5) which should fix the problems where the app was not launching properly. So, you can get the update either from the Software Manager app, or visit the link at the top of this thread on your TouchPad. Please let me know if this fixes your issue. Thanks for your patience!
Following from our emails...

As you suggested, I tried the stock browser and that did indeed bring up a normal App Catalog page from which I could download Hack Tracks. (I had previously been using the Advanced Browser)

Thank you.

Tags
drum, music, music app

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0