The alpha build of Hack Tracks is now available! Tap on this link from your TouchPad. (Note: Please use the TouchPad's stock web browser. I've had reports that 3rd party browsers will not open the App Catalog properly from the link.) The App Catalog will automatically be launched and you can install Hack Tracks from there. Because this is a test version of the app, you will not be able to search the app catalog for Hack Tracks and download it. It is only available from the link above. If you have any feedback, please post it to this forum. If you post feedback to the App Catalog, I will have no way of responding to you.
A few bits of info...
- So, I know the app is incomplete. What features does the app desperately need to have added? Send me your feedback! Post feature requests and bug reports to this thread in the juxtaflux sub-forum.
- You use this "alpha" version of Hack Tracks at your own risk. An "alpha build" means the software is incomplete and buggy. There are missing features. The app may crash. You may loose data. Any data files you create in this version of the app may not work with future versions of the app.
- The app currently has a very high CPU utilization, even when it is minimized.
- This testing version of the app is full featured. But, I have the app "freeze" after 10 minutes of use (it saves your work). You can repeatedly relaunch the app for another 10 minutes of use. This restriction will not be present in the paid version of the app.
Here is a link that has basic instructions on how to use Hack Tracks.
Enjoy the app! I know I have! Now, go lay down some nice grooves!
Hack Tracks "alpha" Revision History:
v 00.01.06 (04/10/2012)
- Added ability to control channel volume
- Added ability to mute and solo channels
v 00.01.05 (03/27/2012)
- Fixed inability to launch app
- Moved BPM and Shuffle widgets closer to center of screen to give them more room for the horizontal drag
v 00.01.04 (03/27/2012)
- NOTE: this version had a bug that would not allow the app to launch
- Dragging and multitouch input added to Pattern Editor
- BPM and Shuffle widgets now support tap-and-drag to edit value and tap-and-hold to reset value to default
- Added title screen
v 00.01.03 (3/3/2012)
- Extend testing time from 5 to 10 minutes
- Reduce CPU usage when app is not in foreground
v 00.01.02 (2/28/2012)
- Initial public release