1.    #1  
    I've got a couple bad reviews and support emails recently saying that AudioScape is not working properly on the Pre2. Other devices seem fine. I haven't been able to get much detail (people aren't responding to my emails). One email said it broke for him after the "recent few updates". I haven't updated the app in a few months, so I'm not exactly sure what update is meant. A reviewer mentioned seeing a "a red arrow and two halves of drum pads", which makes me think the app is trying to draw its TouchPad-sized UI on the Pre2. Obviously a bug. But, I am not able to get this to happen on my Pre2. All works fine for me, even if I delete the app and install it from the App Catalog.

So, I'm asking if any of you kind souls with a Pre2 would be willing to download AudioScape from the Catalog (it is free, link is in my signature) and let me know if you can launch it, see 9 drum pads, play some sounds, and change sound banks (swipe in gesture area).

If you are able to try this, let me know if the app works for you, what phone/carrier you have, and what version of webOS you are running. Thanks for helpin' a guy out...

-Scott
    juxtaflux
    - Hack Tracks: pattern based drum sequencer (work in progress)
    - Power Lines: 2-4 player head-to-head multiplayer game
    - AudioScape: play drums, piano, guitar and sound effects
    - Twitter: @juxtaflux Web: http://www.juxtaflux.com
    The display isn't showing up correctly for me either, just tested to see.

Pre 2 running WebOS 2.2.4

I can post screenshots or email them to you if you would like later in the day when I'm at a computer.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I can post screenshots or email them to you if you would like later in the day when I'm at a computer.
    Yes, a screenshot would be nice! But, if you are able to send me the log file, that would be much more helpful. I log the device type, webOS version, etc. when the app starts up and I'm assuming I'm screwing something up with those values, making my app believe it is running on a TouchPad. Many thanks!
    juxtaflux
    Screenshots and Logs sent to your email found on your website.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Screenshots and Logs sent to your email found on your website.
    Many thanks! The log clinched it. I had some hacky code in place to allow the app to be released to the TouchPad before full support was added to the App Catalog. I never removed the code and it is causing problems on Pre2's that are running newer versions of the OS. The app thinks it is running on a TouchPad! I'm getting it fixed now. Thanks again! You've been a huge help!
  6.    #6  
    With the feedback I received here (thanks again!), I was able to get the bug fixed. And, the app approval crew turned this update around really fast. So, the new version of AudioScape (v1.0.11) that works properly with the Pre2 is now available for free in the App Catalog. You can find a link to the app in the App Catalog in my signature. Enjoy!
    juxtaflux