View Poll Results: I have a couple of ideas for my Touchpad app: Glimpse. But I have to do a Poll

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already have Glimpse

63 92.65%
  • I don't have Glimpse, and I would like to buy it, but I can't due to geo-restrictions.

1 1.47%
  • I don't have Glimpse, I'm not geo-restricted, and I would buy the app if it were cheaper

2 2.94%
  • I've heard of Glimpse, I would like to have it, but I'll only download it if it's free.

0 0%
  • I don't have Glimpse, and I don't really care for it, since I have no use for it.

1 1.47%
  • This is the first time I've heard of the app 'Glimpse'

1 1.47%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By johnj2803
  • 1 Post By bluenote
  • 1 Post By Vince42
  • 1 Post By snoopgoat
  • 1 Post By alacrify
  1.    #1  
    So, I have a couple of ideas for my Touchpad app: Glimpse. But before I proceed, I want to do a quick poll to get a general feel for the webOS crowd. Please vote accordingly. No trolling please
    Last edited by snoopgoat; 04/26/2012 at 05:37 PM.
    What ideals do you have?
    It s my most beloved app in webos. Even if I have the iOS version on the iPad (the "devs cut version"), the flow on webos is just different.

:-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    kataran likes this.
    I have it on webOS and had my friends buy it too. Works great and is ingenius.

Bought it for iPad and opened it today for the first time. To be honest, it looked ugly and was not helpful for what I wanted to do.

Long live Glimpse on webOS!
    kataran likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I call my TouchPad my "Glimpse Device" - do I need to say more?

Even app freezes, forgotten credentials etc can't keep me from being a 24 hr Glimpse addict ... :P
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    kataran likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    What ideals do you have?
    Basically, I want *everyone* to have the app . So, I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish that. So, some of my possible ideas include making a free version for geo-restricted regions, price reductions, paypal transactions, "name your price" deals, promo codes, e.t.c.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ... Bought it for iPad and opened it today for the first time. To be honest, it looked ugly and was not helpful for what I wanted to do....
    Don't know if you know this, but there is a Developer's Cut of Panes. If you haven't emailed me, you need to email me to get instructions to unlock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Don't know if you know this, but there is a Developer's Cut of Panes. If you haven't emailed me, you need to email me to get instructions to unlock it.
    Willing to give it a look, can you pm me with instruction?
    thnks!
    Glimpse would be my favorite webOS app if it would retain the settings - I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but having to re-set it up every two days makes it unusable for me. Could that be something you could add in? Save to a db or something? I'd love to be able to use it again...
    lougw likes this.
    Glimpse is one of those apps that I think people don't know why they should get it.. If they don't already have it.. The price is something like 5 dollars..

If I buy it would it work on my pre3 & my touchpad.. (my pre3 is in the mail currently)

I'm a huge believer in being able to run 2 apps at the same time and seeing 2 apps at the same time.> This is something that Glimpse does that very much interests me.. I brought up on the main page that I would like to watch videos while playing chess at the same time..

I'm not sure if that is possible through glimpse.. I don't fully understand the widget thing either.

I think my brain confuses me sometimes.. I look at the main screen of webOS and still can't understand why I can't put a favorite app outside the dock onto the main screen.. I mean, why not... just doesn't make sense.

and whats the point of being able to run 2 apps at the same time if you can't view two apps at the same time right? So... That's my rant...
    But in the end.. Glimpse is something that very much interests me! and I iwll probably buy it once I get the pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Glimpse is something that very much interests me! and I iwll probably buy it once I get the pre3
    There is a 'Glimpse' app for the Pre3?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    There is a 'Glimpse' app for the Pre3?
    No idea.. IS there? .. I guess I partially assumed and hoped in my questions
    Do you really think the screen's big enough?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    No idea.. IS there? .. I guess I partially assumed and hoped in my questions
    Nope. Glimpse isn't available on the Pre 3. it's not practical on a small screen
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Nope. Glimpse isn't available on the Pre 3. it's not practical on a small screen
    I can see how some people might see it as impractical, but I think I would like it. Especially if it could be used on the Touchstone.. have weather up & Twitter up as it charges.. or something like that... I would dig.

I definitely see how the screen is smal and people might consider it impractical though.. But agh, maybe i'm weird.
    I am a big fan of Glimpse. Gives me weather,stocks,clock,a picture of my favorite animal and my read-it-later list which works really well. The basic layout survives the occasional reboot. Do wish I could figure out how to change the weather for Sunnyvale,CA shown at the bottom to a place more of my choice.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    I...Do wish I could figure out how to change the weather for Sunnyvale,CA shown at the bottom to a place more of my choice.
    What do you mean by bottom? The 'Ticker'? If so, you can change that from the ticker prefs