Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91
Like Tree8Likes
  1. matchqq's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #61  
    can you make url links in google reader widget able to be opened in advancebrowser widget, like the links in Twitter widget? It would be much more convenient this way.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    can you make url links in google reader widget able to be opened in advancebrowser widget, like the links in Twitter widget? It would be much more convenient this way.
    Check out this very useful patch in order to set Advanced Browser as the default

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-browser.html
  3. matchqq's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #63  
    Check out this very useful patch in order to set Advanced Browser as the default

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-browser.html
    thanks for the help. But wouldn't it become open the link in a new advancedbrowser app instead of just in a advancedbrowser widget? I was hoping when I tap on a link in google reader widget, there would be an option for me to choose to open in AB widget, just like when you tap on a link in Twitter widget.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4. #64  
    Might be the case, yes. Can't help you with the widget option though..

    I have a question as well: Can I add the stock Calendar to Glimpse as well? If not, what is the Package ID - I'd atleast like to have it as a shortcut.
  5. #65  
    If you hop into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ in Internalz you can see all of your apps package IDs.

    Didn't see one that looked like it was the calendar, though. Might need to look around in the various other /palm/ folders.

    Actually, it looks like it might be more of a system service and less of an app, it doesn't show up in the Software Manager.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_doe View Post
    Can I add the stock Calendar to Glimpse as well? If not, what is the Package ID - I'd atleast like to have it as a shortcut.
    You can't. It's not glimpseble. App id is com.palm.app.calendar.
    You could however use the agenda app(com.palm.app.agendaview). Best to use this in exhibition mode since it fullscreens the app. Maybe I'll make a patch to fix this fulldcreen bug
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    can you make url links in google reader widget able to be opened in advancebrowser widget, like the links in Twitter widget? It would be much more convenient this way.
    Actually, thats not a bad idea. I'll see what I can do...
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  8. #68  
    I have to ask a dumb question...

    When I installed Glimpse the first time, the browser app had Google.com instead of .ca when launched. I somehow managed to delete the .com and I was going to try to use .ca instead. Now I can't seem to figure out how to set a default launch page in the Glimpse browser so I get a blank area where a web page should be. It's not very useful in this state. I do realize you can manually type in a link and the browser will work...but I want it to open a specific page by default...

    I don't know if I am just out to lunch on this, but I can't easily see what I'm missing...

    Thanks.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    I have to ask a dumb question...

    When I installed Glimpse the first time, the browser app had Google.com instead of .ca when launched. I somehow managed to delete the .com and I was going to try to use .ca instead. Now I can't seem to figure out how to set a default launch page in the Glimpse browser so I get a blank area where a web page should be. It's not very useful in this state. I do realize you can manually type in a link and the browser will work...but I want it to open a specific page by default...

    I don't know if I am just out to lunch on this, but I can't easily see what I'm missing...

    Thanks.
    You can't set a default launch page
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    You can't set a default launch page
    OK, so is there a way to get Google.com back then? Or do I have to make due with a black frame sans content?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    OK, so is there a way to get Google.com back then? Or do I have to make due with a black frame sans content?
    Nope. No way
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  12. #72  
    Did something happen with the stock widget again? Both dev cut and standard are suddenly giving me errors (symbol not found). Is it just me (or the bad economy ) or what?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Did something happen with the stock widget again? Both dev cut and standard are suddenly giving me errors (symbol not found). Is it just me (or the bad economy ) or what?
    Same with me. It's extremely annoying having this little "symbol not found" notification popping up every 5 seconds. What gives?
  14. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #74  
    In the past couple of weeks, I've had the following happen twice: Glimpse would forget my layout, causing me to have to re-setup the location of panes, etc. At the same time, it also forgot my Twitter login, so the Twitter pane is blank with an Add Account button. Anyone know why this is happening?

    The second time around, it's particularly aggravating because it won't let me re-setup my Twitter login. It gives me the dialog that says Step 1: get pincode, Step 2: Enter Pincode, and Step 3: Login. Steps 1 and 2 work fine (I can type or paste in the Pincode) but hitting the login button does nothing. It just stares at me as if I hadn't done anything. (But I know the Touchpad registered the touch because the keyboard goes away.)

    Any idea what's happening here, and how I can fix it?
  15. Crakeur's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    #75  
    I had the same issues with the above member, along with the stock symbols all being deleted and then, when I try and re-enter them, the system can't find the stocks.
  16. #76  
    My Twitter widget has done that once before.

    After a device restart I was able to add my account to the widget again.

    And @matchqq, if you have Google Reader in the accordion view and set advanced browser as your default link opener, you can click on the view article button and it will open the full article in your Advanced Browser widget, allowing you to open the links into other tabs in your Advanced Browser widget.

    It's not perfect, but it works without opening an Advanced Browser card.
  17.    #77  
    Guys, I'm aware of the stocks issue. The google api is currently screwed up. Please remain calm as I try to find a fix. In the meantime, please resist the urge to leave a negative review because of this minor issue
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    In the past couple of weeks, I've had the following happen twice: Glimpse would forget my layout, causing me to have to re-setup the location of panes, etc. At the same time, it also forgot my Twitter login, so the Twitter pane is blank with an Add Account button. Anyone know why this is happening?

    The second time around, it's particularly aggravating because it won't let me re-setup my Twitter login. It gives me the dialog that says Step 1: get pincode, Step 2: Enter Pincode, and Step 3: Login. Steps 1 and 2 work fine (I can type or paste in the Pincode) but hitting the login button does nothing. It just stares at me as if I hadn't done anything. (But I know the Touchpad registered the touch because the keyboard goes away.)

    Any idea what's happening here, and how I can fix it?
    There's currently an issue with webOS, where apps randomly loose their cookies. It's still a mystery why this happens. It doesn't happen all the time though. It's only happened to me twice. But if it happens all the time for you, keep track of what you're doing to see if you find a pattern, or something that triggers it, that way, I can try to reproduce on my end
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    There's currently an issue with webOS, where apps randomly loose their cookies. It's still a mystery why this happens. It doesn't happen all the time though. It's only happened to me twice. But if it happens all the time for you, keep track of what you're doing to see if you find a pattern, or something that triggers it, that way, I can try to reproduce on my end
    I've noticed that when I restart my Touchpad the settings will fall back to default.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Different View Post
    I've noticed that when I restart my Touchpad the settings will fall back to default.
    Just to be clear, is this something that happens all the time? Or sometimes?
    _____________________________________
    Inglorious Apps
    Developer of: Glimpse, Notes HD, Clipboard, Pix, Voices, Casa, Plickr, TweetCam, and Notes
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions