Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    For me that link points to a valid ipk file. Sometimes when I run preware it comes up and says the IPK extension is no longer associated with prewave do I want to re-associate it and I always say yes. If it's no longer associated maybe doesn't know how to install it is all I can think of so maybe try running preware and see if you get that notification. That's the only idea I had.
    Color me confused and embarassed. After failing to download, inspite of numerous attempts and that too on two different TouchPads, the link suddenly worked on both TouchPads and I was able to install the Dev Cut.

PS: Just realized that for the first time the Dev Cut version is actually behind the regular Glimpse.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/27/2011 at 11:15 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    One thing I noticed with Glimpse is that when my device is locked (requiring my PIN or password to access anything), and I put my device on a Touchstone, I can still fully launch Glimpse through Exhibition. This largely defeats the device being in a locked state (though convenient for Exhibition users).

Perhaps the use-case is small for me A) losing my TouchPad, B) finder doesn't immediately figure out how to reformat it, C) finder has a Touchstone, and D) finder uses Exhibition to go to Glimpse and access whatever I have access to through there, but I have found that my TouchPad will sometimes think it's on a Touchstone if it's just plugged into USB, and thus enter Exhibition even when I don't want it to.

Is this working as expected, or can Glimpse be made to not circumvent the lock?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    When using Advanced Browser in Glimpse it breaks search functionality. I cannot select a search engine in advanced browser options within Glimpse. Typing keywords in the url bar doesn't do anything either as a consequence.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Can you no longer use the browser in exhibition mode since the latest update ?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    anyone else have issues with stock prices loading?
    since the update, the widget never loads up prices.
    can you update advanced browser to the current version? I use glimpse as my browser too and the updated advanced browser version would really be the best :-)

just a side note. I hope glimpse will be webos exclusive :-) its an app i think that could be a standout in the app catalog when comparing other OS app stores :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    yup.

EDIT: But I'm using dev cut anyway, which, BTW, I use every day. Best app, evah!
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 10/28/2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Just wanted to say great work on the latest Glimpse update.

Thanks for continuing to improve this app.

The only thing it needs now is shared bookmarks with the Browser app and it would be the only app I ever need to launch, since the Dev Mode one can run Splashtop and virtually every other app I may need.

Great work, don't let the cranky people in the app catalog discourage you.
    I did notice a small bug in the Google Reader widget.

In Accordion View, when clicking on the View Article link, it will open in the method specified for URLs.

But, in Article View, clicking the More links that generally follow article excerpts opens the Browser.

My selected link handler is set to the Web Widget.

I guess it could be something with the way the links at the end are formatted. I know they generally add a target="blank" to them. I don't suppose there is a way to parse that out in the widget, or overwrite it?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    Yah, I screwed up the stocks widget. Some symbols may not work. The new (unofficial) google api I'm using is crazy like that. Fix coming soon
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    Can you no longer use the browser in exhibition mode since the latest update ?
    Yep. Not all widgets are available in exhibition mode. This includes the browser.
    Will the Advanced Browser widget in Glimpse be updated to match up with the regular Advanced Browser app?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Will the Advanced Browser widget in Glimpse be updated to match up with the regular Advanced Browser app?
    Yep. Next version
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Yep. Not all widgets are available in exhibition mode. This includes the browser.
    Is there any plan to add it back ? This was available in the last version of glimpse, and it was my primary use of it in exhibition mode. Is there anyway to use the previous exhibition mode theme ?
    gergev likes this.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    Is there any plan to add it back ? This was available in the last version of glimpse, and it was my primary use of it in exhibition mode. Is there anyway to use the previous exhibition mode theme ?
    in my new exhibition redesign, I tried to focus on displaying 'glanceable' information that require no user interaction. So I redesigned several widgets for this purpose. At the time, a web browser didn't seem like something that fits this idea. I may be wrong.
    So what's your use case scenario?
    Glimpse is one of the coolest apps about but I do experience one problem which is that it resets my device, I ****** you not. Happened a couple of times now, I open it, it begins to load, device resets. Probably an issue with the TP rather than the software but I thought I'd put it out there (stock version not dev cut)
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    in my new exhibition redesign, I tried to focus on displaying 'glanceable' information that require no user interaction. So I redesigned several widgets for this purpose. At the time, a web browser didn't seem like something that fits this idea. I may be wrong.
    So what's your use case scenario?
    Due to HP's flaky Google Calendar sync issues, I used it to put my Agenda view of google calendar in there.

Being able to have the calendar + stock ticker + weather was incredibly useful.

It's just frustrating that a previously available feature was removed.
    Is there a way of setting Twitter to display like it used to in exhibition mode? If no... is there a way of making glimpse not go into exhibition mode while on the touchstone. I ask this because the normal Twitter view is far superior to the black themed one in exhibition mode.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by besmirched View Post
    Is there a way of setting Twitter to display like it used to in exhibition mode? If no... is there a way of making glimpse not go into exhibition mode while on the touchstone. I ask this because the normal Twitter view is far superior to the black themed one in exhibition mode.
    No way. Just go to the exhibition app and uncheck Glimpse if you don't want it to kick into exhibition