Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    I think Glimpse is one of the best apps avilable for the Touchpad.

However, there are some "glitches" that I have personally experienced since I got Glimpse yesterday.

All can be duplicated on both of my Touchpads(16GB and 32GB). One has many Preware patches, while the other one has no tweaks/patches whatsoever. I'll give two examples:

(1)
    The three windos that I use are weather, browser, and YouTube. I can browse to any website and check the weather for any zip code. However, if I go to the YouTube window and start playing a video, the browser window becomes unusable. The page will either become fuzzy or completely black. The only way to resolve this is to close the Glimpse card and restart it. Unfortunately, once another YouTube video starts playing, the problems starts again.

(2)
    I can only enter zip codes in the weather window. If I enter the name of the city, Chicago, IL, for example, nothing appears, or a random unknow city name will appear. But it's actually easier to just type 60606(a Chicago zip code), so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Now some quick questions:

(A)
    Is there a way to choose 4 equal-sized windows? Right now, if I choose 4 windows, the 2 on the right are bigger than the 2 on the left.

(B)
    If I play a YouTube video and then change that window to something else, I can continue to hear the audio from that video... how do I stop that without restarting Glimpse?

(C)
    I plan to download and try the developer's cut. Does it run as a separate app than the official Glimpse app? Can it be completely removed after I'm done trying it?

Thank you very much!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I think Glimpse is one of the best apps avilable for the Touchpad...
    Yes, you're right. Glimpse is the Best App available for the Touchpad
    To answer your questions:
    1) webOS can't handle viewing multiple webpages at the same time. Pls read the 'known issues' in the help page.
    2) I'll look into the weather thing.

A) No way. The left windows are fixed. The others adjust to fillup the screen.
    B) Each widget is running live. Even after you switch from it. So pause your videos b4 switch.
    C) Developer's Cut is a separate App. That does all the cool things I mentioned in the place you get it . Plus I usually use it for beta testing new features.

p.s. if you're a twitter user, you might wanna follow me on twitter (@IngloriousApps)
    Missed out on the 80% off but bought it at full price.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Missed out on the 80% off but bought it at full price.
    Worth every penny right
    Is there any way to adjust the text size in the web widget? On my touchpad, it seems like the text is noticeably larger than the stock browser, which makes many websites look weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Worth every penny right
    It is :P Got the dev version and it's just awesome. This will end up being my most used app
    Glimpse keeps resetting my preferences. I have five panels (weather, calendar, notepad, convertor, and Google reader). It seems that every so often when I go in and out of exhibition mode, all my preferences are reset to the default state.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Glimpse, but that didn't help.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    It's been two weeks since the 99-cent promotion.

How many people are still regularly using Glimpse?

After a few days, I stopped using it... I completely
    forgot that I had it in my Apps menu until I noticed
    this thread again.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Glimpse keeps resetting my preferences. I have five panels (weather, calendar, notepad, convertor, and Google reader). It seems that every so often when I go in and out of exhibition mode, all my preferences are reset to the default state.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Glimpse, but that didn't help.
    There's currently a bug in webOS where Apps tend to loose cookies (i.e. files for storing data). In the case of Glimpse, this seems common when users use exhibition mode. I'll advice if you're experiencing this a lot, stop using exhibition mode for now. Actually, I have plans to redo the exhbition mode with a new design
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    It's been two weeks since the 99-cent promotion.

How many people are still regularly using Glimpse?

After a few days, I stopped using it... I completely
    forgot that I had it in my Apps menu until I noticed
    this thread again.
    Well, a lot of people use it a lot. Especially the twittter/rss/web junkies.
    Personally, it's the only App I use on my Touchpad. Well, maybe 95% of the time. And I'm not saying that cos it's my App
    I suddenly feel left out for not having the word "goat" in my name. But i'm learning to navigate Glimpse. It's an amazing app just the model takes some getting used to. Well, actually not using it RIGHT now cause I'm watching a crackle movie with videoflood and typing this on my laptop. Texasgoat? Whatcha think?
    I LOVE the Dev Cut of Glimpse!

Thank you so much for giving us access to it.

I've added some entries to the Glimpsable Apps Document.

Taskr, Listed, pReader, AccuWeather for Touchpad, and Just Draw.

Preware Homebrew Documentation opens in a new card.

I'll add more as I get more time to test them.

Also, Taskr, Listed, and pReader require a restart of Glimpse Dev Cut, but work fine after.

EDIT: WritePad works quite well as a widget, too. It has a small keyboard glitch where the WritePad keyboard shows up inside the widget for a few seconds at startup, but then it's fine.

Don't make it a widget you can't resize though, or you might open the document pane and not be able to access the editor pane again.

Glimpse was one of my favorite apps, now it is definitely becoming my favorite app of all. I'm glad to have paid full price for it now.
    Last edited by dagani713; 10/05/2011 at 01:02 AM.
    I was just noticing it on my list of Exhibition mode apps. Any possibility of getting a different screen setup for Exhibition mode versus regular mode?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The prefs-bug in exhibition mode is ruining my experience with glimpse
    My glimpse is currently broken and won't open. The last update would fail to download and wouldn't let me use it until it would update. I deleted it to try and download it but it shows 5 in the catalog. Is it going to charge me again or after I put in my password will it recognize that I own it and let me download it?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by tidoubleger View Post
    My glimpse is currently broken and won't open. The last update would fail to download and wouldn't let me use it until it would update. I deleted it to try and download it but it shows 5 in the catalog. Is it going to charge me again or after I put in my password will it recognize that I own it and let me download it?
    Hate to ask this, but did you obtain the App legally? (obviously, I don't expect you to confess).
    If you did obtain it legally, are you using the same Palm Profile?
    Hate to ask this, but did you obtain the App legally? (obviously, I don't expect you to confess).
    If you did obtain it legally, are you using the same Palm Profile?
    Doh. I had forgotten how I got it. Lets just say that I feel like an imposter for using another palm profile to get it. I am always at work when these codes come out. I had planned on donating afterwards but the app fell from my mind since I wasn't using it lol. I suppose it'd just be easier to purchase it this time instead
    I doctored my TouchPad and now I cannot download the 'dev cut'. The download link from within Glimpse 1.1.5 does not do anything. How can I get the 'dev cut'?

PS: I did purchase it legally and that too at the $4.99 price and not during the sale..
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I doctored my TouchPad and now I cannot download the 'dev cut'. The download link from within Glimpse 1.1.5 does not do anything. How can I get the 'dev cut'?

PS: I did purchase it legally and that too at the $4.99 price and not during the sale..
    Do u have preware installed?
    Do u have preware installed?
    Yes I do. I have never had a problem downloading the Dev Cut anytime before. Just this one time after the 1.1.5 update to Glimpse.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast