Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    For a brand new AT&T Veer 4g: Which OS Version/Doctor would you recommend to update to for someone who will be using the phone for :

- gsm calls
    - sms / mms
    - gps functionality
    - web browsing

Also, is there an os version where someone has been able to use Viber and/or WhatsApp?
    Without question, the 2.2.4 doctor is the way to go.

IMO, the only reason that one should consider webos 2.1.x is for a properly working 3.5mm headset adapter. In 2.2.4, the audio output via the adapter is no bueno.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Last edited by jccjmml7; 09/30/2016 at 11:59 PM.
    This is the only listing for the Veer on AT&T:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Read and apply this before clicking the link: Tip: Edit Your Hosts File for Access to Old Palm Servers | pivotCE

This is version 2.1.2. I believe it's possible to get an unofficial 2.2.4 version, but I don't have a Veer - someone else will probably direct you to instructions, or search this forum.

If you are doctoring the phone: Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE

Always a good read: Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    thank you both...

Regarding the headphone jack issue... Any success with bluetooth headsets?

As far as choosing between the 2.1 or 2.2, I am not yet sure of the difference, but I will be unlocking the phone from the AT&T network (not sure if that makes a difference) ... I'll take a look at a few more guides if I find them to figure out the correct order of operations... Unlock first, then update os or vice versa...etc...

I am just looking for the most stable option so that once its done, the phone can just be used without too many issues...
    I use Bluetooth on my Veer and stereo works perfectly on it. The physical headphone jack is definitely mono on 2.2.4, though.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I was able to use the #*devmode# method to bypass activation on an unlocked ATT Veer.... Call & Text (minus mms) seem to work fine so far... I plan to follow the PivotCE guide for going back to webos 2014 but before I go any further, would now be the right time to upgrade to the doctor 2.2.4?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This is the only listing for the Veer on AT&T:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Read and apply this before clicking the link: Tip: Edit Your Hosts File for Access to Old Palm Servers | pivotCE

This is version 2.1.2. I believe it's possible to get an unofficial 2.2.4 version, but I don't have a Veer - someone else will probably direct you to instructions, or search this forum.

If you are doctoring the phone: Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE

Always a good read: Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    I am following the guide you recommended, but there is no mention of upgrading the OS to 2.2.4 doctor... If I want to doctor the OS, am I supposed to do it before following that guide? And as far as instructions on how to doctor the os to 2.2.4, I cannot find them anywhere... Do you have a link to the instructions?
    bumping thread (the last two comments were caught in our filters)
    If I can find the link to the 2.2.4 doctor I used, I'll share it with you. The build instructions no longer work, because the kernel image it needs is no longer available.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    That explains why I could not find instructions anywhere... If you can find & share it that would be great. Thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for the file... Do you also have a link to the instructions on how to actually do the update?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Any luck on finding instructions on how to install the doctor?