Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by savaloysausage View Post
    I am going to jump in on this thread also as I have just purchased a brand new HP Veer 4G to use as a travel "burner" phone in reponse to all the reports of immigration officers copying people phone contents, I think a WebOS phone will utterly confuse them!

So far I have enabled developer mode to bypass the lack of Palm/HP servers to create an account and I have unlocked the phone from its AT&T "prison" using some python script I found online. I have a FreedomPOP sim in for the phone at the moment.

I am slightly reluctant to move from WebOS 2.1.2 to 2.2.4 if this screw up the audio jack, is there a fix for this?

All the rest of this discussion I am somewhat overwhelmed by, I guess I have a steep learning curve.
    The freedompop sim will just give you data. Are you planning to use it for calls and texts too?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    The FreedomPop card is just in there whilst I tinker, I don't want to pop my main T-Mobile sim out of my Nexus 6P all the time. When I travel I will put my main sim in the Veer but for the moment, whilst I am mucking around, the FreedomPop sim will have to suffice.

At the moment I just cannot decide if to put 2.2.4 on there or stay with 2.1.4 and have the earphone jack work.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Ugh, using adapters to "pop" the smaller sim you have in the nexus has killed more veers than anything else. If you get the adapter hung on a pin, you'll destroy the sim slot in the veer. just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by savaloysausage View Post
    The FreedomPop card is just in there whilst I tinker, I don't want to pop my main T-Mobile sim out of my Nexus 6P all the time. When I travel I will put my main sim in the Veer but for the moment, whilst I am mucking around, the FreedomPop sim will have to suffice.

At the moment I just cannot decide if to put 2.2.4 on there or stay with 2.1.4 and have the earphone jack work.
    Your Veer's headphone jack doesn't work on 2.2.4? I don't know that I've heard that.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Your Veer's headphone jack doesn't work on 2.2.4? I don't know that I've heard that.
    The issue is that it's not proper stereo with headphone jack. Bluetooth is fine though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The issue is that it's not proper stereo with headphone jack. Bluetooth is fine though.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    That I knew. He made it sound like it didn't work at all.
    Follow me on Twitter
    No, I meant that stereo issue. I have not experienced it yet as I have not moved to 2.2.4 but it didn't sound like a minor issue if wired audio was of importance to me.

Thanks for the info about the sim card size adapter thing, I will attempt to swap cards as little as possible.
    Get a good, snug adapter, and be careful, and you should be fine. *Knock on wood.
    I rarely use wired headphones with my devices.. BT ftw.
    I tried BT headphones years ago and hated them, I think I am still a little prejudiced against them. I know the BT standard has moved on since then and the audio reproduction will have improved but I paid a not inconsiderable amount of money for my headphones and I want to keep using them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12