1.    #1  
    Hi all -

I am so in love with my little Veer that I bought another one just in case I killed the first trying to install homebrew apps. I seem to be a little behind as I bought my first Veer in July and HP stopped support a month or so earlier, and of course I forgot my Palm sign-in in because my last Palm (Pilot) got ran over on Van Ness in 2006. I never really thought I would have another HP handheld product until I was looking for a phone that wasn't the size of a brick and I found this adorable Veer. "heart heart"

Anywhoo - just wanted to mention that when I got my Veer the charging cord was a little crispy due to age. After several charges due to looooow battery life, I noticed that the rubber started failing and the wires were in danger of fraying so I wrapped my cord in electrical tape. These unusual cords are hard to find so wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for letting me rave about my Veer!

And FYI - Since I forgot my Palm info I registered as Dr. Skipped First Use and set it up in developer mode so AT&T can't figure out why my data usage is so low - lol!
    Welcome to the forums.

I assume you've been lurking for a while as you seem to know what you are doing. Feel free to ask for any help you may need.

I'm a bit surprised to read that the rubber on your cord is perishing as I have similar items at least as old or older that seem to be fine. My suggestion is that you consider buying a Touchstone. This works with a mini-USB cord, so may help you save wear and tear on your unusual cord - which I assume attaches to the magnetic connector on the side.

Review: AT&T HP Veer | webOS Nation
    Got your new HP Veer 4G? Here's what you'll need next: | webOS Nation

Any Palm sign-in from 2006 would likely be irrelevant to a webOS device, so as a late arrival, you haven't missed out much. As a different system from PalmOS, it had it's own profile and app catalogue. Back ups are a little involved now or at least require a bit of setting up, but most of the data on your phone can be backed up manually. The homebrew app catalogue doesn't have so many apps, but there are quite a few good ones. Remote wipe is no longer possible and it's unlikely to be replaced - so take care of your phone!

Perhaps versions of the old profile services will appear for LuneOS in the future, but when or if such a neat little phone will appear that will run it is anyone's guess!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/13/2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Welcome to the forum.

Definitely get some Touchstones! I put them everywhere. I have one on each bedpost! (One for Pre2, one for Veer.)

Right about now is the perfect time for a slab phone backlash. If i was ATT, I'd rerelease the Veer. Some entrepreneur out there should be trying to refurb and update every last one still out there.

They are just too cute!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!