1.    #1  
    I've two issues with my beloved Veer:

1. Screen turns black:

When I open the slider the screen turns black. I've to push the power button twice (first to turn it off, screen goes off, then to turn it on again).

It's kind of annoying, but not really a problem.

2. SMS / Text Messaging

Sometimes I can't answer a text message and worse don't get any notifications when I get a new SMS.It starts with not displaying the emoticons and after that the name of the conversation and the answer box disappear.

I've to reboot and after this it works fine until the next crash. Unfortunately the periods between the crashes get shorter and shorter. Actually I've to reboot after one or two messages.

Any ideas how to fix these issues?
    - still loving webOS -
    To me, it sounds like you might have a worn out ribbon cable. Seems like I read a similar thread a while back on that issue.

How old is the Veer?

As for the SMS problems, I know that new emoticons from other OS's only display as small rectangles on legacy webOS devices...at least it is true on my Veer.

Not sure about the lack of notifications.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    To me, it sounds like you might have a worn out ribbon cable. Seems like I read a similar thread a while back on that issue.

How old is the Veer? ...
    It's about three years old.

Doesn't sound to good...

Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    As for the SMS problems, I know that new emoticons from other OS's only display as small rectangles on legacy webOS devices...at least it is true on my Veer.

Not sure about the lack of notifications.
    I can confirm the the emoticons problem. Is there a solution?

For the SMS: I had some long conversation with someone who's number was stored on the SIM-card. Every time a got a new text message my text manager froze.

I deleted the whole conversation and created a Google-account for this person. Now everything works fine.
    - still loving webOS -
    Ok!, so I can vouch for the SIM contacts causing issues....

A few weeks ago, I tried to copy a standard Google contact to my SIM.

It took almost an entire minute to copy one single entry to the SIM card. At first, I thought that it did not work, because the contact never showed up under the SIM contacts "account".

However, it did finally transfer over, after a LONG time.

Reading your issue with the sms thread/SIM contact, I can only assume that messaging contacts that are stored on the SIM is problematic.

Glad you got that figured out.

As for the screen issue, you may try to snag a Veer from Ebay as a backup. I have a brand new Panda Veer sitting in a box in the closet. I also just ordered another black one from Ebay for $20. It looks to be brand new, but was listed "for parts only". So I hope for some luck there.

5.    #5  
    I found a nearly new veer on ebay and bought it. Might arrive this week.

So I've an other Question:

On my old veer are currently some apps running I don't want to miss, e.g. "Bahnfahren".

Is there any way to transfer them to the new one?
    - still loving webOS -
    This was easy before the servers were closed. There is a patch to copy any IPKs installed to the USB area. There was also a technique to query the app catalogue with your id and app inventory to bulk download everything.

Now, of course, it is trickier, but possible. Suggestions here:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015
  7.    #7  
    My new Veer arrived and I'm so happy! It's really the best smartphone ever build.

I finally managed to get around the Log in using Impostah.

Preware is already installed an I even found my beloved 'Bahnfahren'-App in preware.

What do I have to do now to get my GMail-account including contacts an calender running again? With my last veer I had installed to many patches, which led to some wired problems.

Would be really glad, if some can give me an list of what patches I do need to install.

Thanks a lot!
    - still loving webOS -
    See service pack below for links. There is also an OpenSSL fix that seems to work for most, but not everybody - install with care.
    I personally recommend Frantid's Oauth2 patch for Google contacts/calendar and Certgrabber for Gmail sync.

OpenSSL has been hit and miss for me, but the above two have worked every time

There are some peculiarities with the Veer. If I remember right, I couldn't add Gmail except as a generic IMAP account. I believe contacts and calendar were OK though.
    I've two issues with my beloved Veer:

1. Screen turns black:

When I open the slider the screen turns black. I've to push the power button twice (first to turn it off, screen goes off, then to turn it on again).

It's kind of annoying, but not really a problem.

I had this problem one time. I opened the slider and the screen turns black. In my case it was because of, brightness was reduced to 0. When slider was closed the screen was visible, when I opend it turns black. I set brightnes to a higher value and all was fine again.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
  12.    #12  
    First of all: Thanks for all your support. It's great that there is such a vivid community keeping WebOS alive - you guys are great!

I installed Certgrabber but it is stuck in the 'Getting cert list please wait...'-mode. Any ideas what to do?

After I've got my mails runnig, this is the patch to install, to get calender and contacts working again:

Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch

Right?

And an other question: The veer I'm currently using is pre owned. Do I have to / should I reset it before start using it as my daily phone?

@davodego It was for sure a hardware problem: After I removed and attached again the screen cable the veer was working well for some hours.
    - still loving webOS -
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    ... I installed Certgrabber but it is stuck in the 'Getting cert list please wait...'-mode. Any ideas what to do? ...
    I restored the veer, an re-installed the app, setup the GMail-account as generic IMAP account and everything works fine.

Now I've to install frantid's Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch to get calender and contacts back to life, right?

Would be glad if someone can confirm this. Don't wanna mess up.
    - still loving webOS -
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    I restored the veer, an re-installed the app, setup the GMail-account as generic IMAP account and everything works fine.

Now I've to install frantid's Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch to get calender and contacts back to life, right?

Would be glad if someone can confirm this. Don't wanna mess up.
    Yes that is what you need to do. On some (all?) Veers I have only been able to add Gmail as a generic IMAP account like you did, even with the patch installed that enables contact and calendar sync.
  15.    #15  
    I can't get my calender and contacts to sync or at least to run (see here). Feels a little bit like back in the 90s.

Any other ideas how to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Alibamboo; 03/02/2016 at 07:47 AM.
    - still loving webOS -
  16.    #16  
    And an other wired problem: I send all my E-Mails twice.

Any ideas what's wrong there?
    - still loving webOS -